GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,457
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, ER_Pike
» Online Users: 2,446
3 members and 2,443 guests
Cookiez17

Old 02-22-2002, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Men and the games they play

So I was out last night with my friend and her cousin whom I had met on New Years Eve. My friend has been trying to set me up with him months before New Years but my schedule was too hectic. Anyways, we did not hook up on new Years-he is a nice guy but I am not that attracted to him to go out of my way and why should I-he needs to ask me out.

Fast forward to last night. My friend came up to me and told me her cousin has a huge crush on me-I said great tell him to ask me out b/c I am tired of making the first move. So after she talked with me about him I went back to the table where he was at and he suddenly got very quiet. I was like-ok whatever. So I left the table again and went outside to talk with my other group of friends. About 10 minutes later I looked over to the tables by the wall and he was sitting there staring at me. I motioned for him to come over and with a cocky look on his face he said-"no you come here". I said-"no you come here". Anyways I got tired of it and just continued to talk with my friends.

I later asked my friend what is up with her cousin and why he was being that way and she said-he likes to play games. I told her that if he really likes me then he needs to ask me out. I also said that I am 30 years old and I don't play games anymore and I refuse to ask men out (esp. ones that I am not that attracted too). I guess in reality I could careless if he asked me out but I did not tell her this.

So my question is mainly to guys-why do you play these frickin games?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-22-2002, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Ok Generally:

Well . . . a lot of what girls think is game playing is actually insecurity or a lack of finesse.

Ever feel bad about yourself one day and not want to run into the guy you are crushing on? Well guys are the same way.

Plus the first few seconds of every encounter determines how we react. So if he looks at you and you are frowning or expressionless he might read something negative into it and abort his approach. It depends on how he is feeling about himself.

Its that whole passive agressive approach/avoidance thing.

You beckoned him over to join your group, and he beckoned you over to join him, he was probably being playful but when you didn't come over he may have thought it was a lack of interest or maybe he didn't want to interact with your friends. Or ask you out in front of them.

A little more specific:

The one thing I don't undertand is that he has inside information to work with. A go-between. Those things are awesome. Great ice breaker. So he knows you'll say yes. If he can't muster up the courage then, who needs him? Especially if you aren't real into him anyway.
Old 02-22-2002, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I thought that this would end after college, at 25, at 30... I was talking to my former boss who is about 55 and the man was the same or older. He played the same games as guys in college. It was very sad to learn that it never ends. Fortunately, the older they get, the fewer games men play. Or rather the older they get, the fewer men who play games.
Old 02-22-2002, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Kevlar281
1.Why would you want him to ask you out if your not attracted to him?

2.Why would your friend try and set yall up if she knows he plays games?
Old 02-22-2002, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Kevlar281
Quote:
Originally posted by Cream
He played the same games as guys in college.
Beer Pong?
Old 02-22-2002, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
LMAO

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevlar281

Beer Pong?
Old 02-22-2002, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KABillyMac Send a message via Yahoo to KABillyMac
God bless beer pong. Why in the hell its not a olympic sport is beyond me.............
Old 02-22-2002, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

What's beer pong? I've heard of a beer ball, goggles, and funnels, but never pong.
Old 02-22-2002, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Beer pong is also known as jackalope in some areas.
Old 02-22-2002, 02:17 PM
GreekChat Member

What is pong?!
Old 02-22-2002, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Cream
What is pong?!
Beer pong is a game that is played with cups, ping pong balls, a table of good size, longer than it is wide to accomated this. And of course beer. On either side of the table a triagnle shaped pyramid if you will is set up. One in the front. Two behind it. Three in the back row. These are laid out in horizontal fashion, not stacke up. These cups will be filled with beer, about half way up. On one side, usually the right, of this formation is a cup of warm water, which is used to clean the balls when they land on the floor or just get sticky from the beer. It can be played either in pairs or one on one. You throw the ping pong balls at the other side, trying to get them into the cups. If you miss, nothing happens, but if you make it into a cup, one person on that team has to drink the beer the cup landed in. Play continues untill all beer on one side is gone. Then the losers have to drink all the beer thats left on the winners side.
Old 02-22-2002, 02:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
Quote:
Originally posted by James
Ok Generally:

Well . . . a lot of what girls think is game playing is actually insecurity or a lack of finesse.

Ever feel bad about yourself one day and not want to run into the guy you are crushing on? Well guys are the same way.
Hmmm, THAT actually makes a lot of sense! Hmmmm. Will have to remember that.
Old 02-23-2002, 10:32 AM

It sounds to me like he is just shy, but since you are not really attracted to him, I dont see the big deal.

From my experience, the more I like a girl the tougher it is to ask her out. You have to open yourself up and risk rejection and that sucks. You can be successful 90% of the time but in the back of your mind you still think about that other 10%.
Old 02-23-2002, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KABillyMac
God bless beer pong. Why in the hell its not a olympic sport is beyond me.............
I second that - seriously, give the rest of us a chance at an Olympic medal.

Collin
Old 02-23-2002, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Heaven save us... A guy that worked with my roommate kept telling her he wanted to ask me out. After weeks, he started calling on Thursday nights telling me what he planned to do that weekend. One Thursday he asked if I had anything planned. I thought "FINALLY", I told him I didn't have anything lined up-BIG PAUSE- then he told me he was going to a movie and then Gilley's, which was popular back then. Didn't take it any farther than that! Talk about whiffing the ball! I quit taking his calls because in my opinion it all just fizzled!

In honesty, I think he wanted ME to ask HIM out so I would pay for it! It was the '70's ya know!