GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,276
0 members and 2,276 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lindz928
Um... yeah you are. Doesn't marrying a GDI automatically terminate your membership in an NPC sorority? LOL.
*looks left*
*looks right*

Don't tell my nationals, but... I married a GDI too

Pass me some of those hot wings - ya got suicide wings?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-20-2005, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by aephi alum
*looks left*
*looks right*

Don't tell my nationals, but... I married a GDI too
Oops, me too. Guess I'd better turn in my badge Either that or get a divorce and find a random boy with letters to marry.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

That's it! I'll redeem myself! I will have my marriage annulled, go back to college or just hang out around the frat houses and find myself a man with letters...any letters will do right?! Or should I be looking for a specific frat man! My life will not be complete until I land myself a fraternity stud! LOL!

I will just tell my daughter 'mommy made a mistake, I'm gonna find you a new daddy who is worthy'! I don't want her to fall into the same mistakes I did right!

By the way, should I just start grooming her now to date frat guys and wear letters and stuff?! I mean she is 10 months already...am I too late or does she have a chance. I know she is going to have to be in a sorority otherwise her life will be ruined. Of course she must become and A Xi too...nothing else will do!

Old 09-20-2005, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AXi1257
That's it! I'll redeem myself! I will have my marriage annulled, go back to college or just hang out around the frat houses and find myself a man with letters...any letters will do right?! Or should I be looking for a specific frat man! My life will not be complete until I land myself a fraternity stud! LOL!

I will just tell my daughter 'mommy made a mistake, I'm gonna find you a new daddy who is worthy'! I don't want her to fall into the same mistakes I did right!

By the way, should I just start grooming her now to date frat guys and wear letters and stuff?! I mean she is 10 months already...am I too late or does she have a chance. I know she is going to have to be in a sorority otherwise her life will be ruined. Of course she must become and A Xi too...nothing else will do!

Can't your current husband just start his own fraternity??? That seems easier than all that hassle of getting an annulment, finding a new guy and getting married again.........
Old 09-20-2005, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AXi1257
By the way, should I just start grooming her now to date frat guys and wear letters and stuff?! I mean she is 10 months already...am I too late or does she have a chance. I know she is going to have to be in a sorority otherwise her life will be ruined.

OMG, you don't have recs yet?? Seriously, what kind of mother are you? You should be taking her to greek alumnae events so the alumnae can get to know her! Also, try to hang out on the sorority row at the colleges you think she might go to...you want the actives to meet her so that she has a successful rush in 18 years. Also, schedule some play-dates with some fraternity-men-in-training.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Jelly beans anyone?

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 09-20-2005, 08:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Buttonz
Jelly beans anyone?
Ooo! I'll take some! I brought peanut M&Ms, any takers?
Old 09-20-2005, 09:17 PM

I'm all about the peanut M & Ms. I like the brown ones best.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to deadbear80
Damn this is the funniest stuff I've read all day!

Has anyone suggested yet that maybe you should just start your own sorority? I mean, if you can't join 'em, start your own! And then come back here and tell us all about it and how you're struggling for members because, well, no one wants to just hang out and wait for the throngs of frat boys to come calling--since you spent so much time telling everyone how desperate you were for dates that even they had enough of your s***!

It's late enough in St. Louis--anyone up for a nice Long Island Ice Tea?
Old 09-20-2005, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, I got ambitious and made some teriyaki chicken & beef skewers. They're nice & hot!

And totally start your own sorority!!! Just think of the fun you'll have, deciding your own colors, your own motto, your own ritual (azure blue catsuits are OUT, just so you know!), your own mascot, and all sorts of fun stuff!!! You'll never want to attend class again!!
Old 09-20-2005, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Anybody got any ice cream? I'm in a chocolate sort of mood.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Rollergirl2001
Re: want to rush

Quote:
Originally posted by starshinelady
I really want to rush because I want to date a frat guy and the only way to do that is to be in a sorority. I rushed last year and didn't get a bid so I went to COB and guess what...NoThInG! There are rush parties at my school now and I am not even sure if I want to join, I just want to go to the parties and have them all girls be nice to me because I know they have to, well at least the ones who were mean to me but I do want to join or I was going to start my own. So this time what should I do? How can I get them to like me. I have decent grades (2.8) and I played intermurals last year. I also hang out at a few of the frat houses so some of the greeks may no me or maybe not. I really want to wear letters so do I have a shot?
Pass me the bon bons, please.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a pint of Twix ice cream. Just grab a spoon.

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

There's plenty of egg plant parmagean from pref tonight....want some?
Old 09-20-2005, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Rollergirl2001
Re: Re: want to rush

Quote:
Originally posted by adpiucf
I really want to rush because I want to date a frat guy and the only way to do that is to be in a sorority.
There is no restriction on dating fraternity men. Greek and non-Greek women have a fair shot. So ... maybe he's just not that into you. Or you have been grossly mis-informed.

I rushed last year and didn't get a bid so I went to COB and guess what...NoThInG!
If you've been through one formal recruitment and one COB with no positive results, than seek out another collegiate activity. You are going to continue to be declined membership--- you are rushing the same groups with the same members who declined you before. It's like going for the same job at the same company multiple times and being turned away. If you aren't a "fit" with the membership, you will not be offered a bid, regardless of how great and stellar your resume might be.

There are rush parties at my school now and I am not even sure if I want to join, I just want to go to the parties and have them all girls be nice to me because I know they have to, well at least the ones who were mean to me but I do want to join or I was going to start my own.
Feel free to attend recruitment events, but it sounds that you are doing it for the wrong reasons. It sounds as though you aren't interested in joining a sorority anyway. Also, be warned that starting your own sorority is a lot of work. Talk to the campus Greek Adviser. There are standards to maintain, you must register as a campus organization, maintain a certain number of members, etc.

So this time what should I do? How can I get them to like me.
Honestly? Don't go back to recruitment. Find another activity. You'll get them to like you by not trash-talking how they have to be nice to you at events--- befriend them in classes, join campus organizations... there are bound to be sorority women at these groups who will get to see the real you.

I have decent grades (2.8) and I played intermurals last year. I also hang out at a few of the frat houses so some of the greeks may no me or maybe not. I really want to wear letters so do I have a shot?
A 2.8 would not be considered a competitive GPA at recruitment and this could be one of the reasons you were cut before. Sports are great! Keep playing sports!!! This is a great way to make friends. And if you have fraternity friends, then yes, you are known in the Greek System. You say you want to wear letters, but you have not identified any solid reason as to why-- except as a status symbol. This is not why women join sororities. They join for friendship, shared interest in service and socialization and committment to academic excellence. I advise you to get involved in other campus groups, raise your GPA and take your attention away from Greek Life. And if you really want to wear letters, ask one of your fraternity friends to borrow a Rush Shirt.

Good luck... although as others have stated in their posts, your post does not feel at all legitimate. If you've rushed twice, than you should understand the mission of sorority life and know it is more than letters and boys.
*Applause*

Your reason for joining a sorority is not good. Sororities are more than parties. It's about community service and bonding with your sisters. If a sorority sister ask you why you want to join a sorority and you answer that question that way, then be prepared for heavy cuts. Besides, your GPA is low to sorority standards. When you have a 2.8, there would be 85-90% of the girls that will have higher GPAs than you. If you are in the low end of the percentile, forget it. Focus on other activites.
Closed Thread