GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,406
1 members and 1,405 guests
janesstexxda745

Old 03-24-2004, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink Phony Pony Wearers Unite

Never worn a weave and I really do not consider braids to be part of the phony pony clique. . .

So stand up and shout, PHONY PONY and PROUD OF IT. . . shake what the store gave ya. . . LMAO

Old 03-24-2004, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
Phony pony virgin

Wore a phony pony on two occasions this month. The first time, wore it to the chapter meeting. Sorors loved it. Second time, my sister used the PP to create my hairstyle for our deb ball. I'll post a pic of me and MamaTrap when I get it developed.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: In Purple, Green and Gold wishes and Crawfish Dreams
Send a message via AIM to DIVA1177 Send a message via Yahoo to DIVA1177
Smile Proud PP wearer

Hey...Its mine and I have the receipt to prove it! They offer some versatility and I think they are cute. I have about three, myself.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: The city with the beautiful Lake Michigan skyline and Deep dish pizza!
Yes, I am a phony pony wearer although I call them "falls" knowing good and well they aren't. They are a lifesaver on those mornings when nothing sees to go right and I'm way behind on time. I must send a shout out to Sue Kim, my girl in the beauty supply house who hooks me up everytime!
Old 03-24-2004, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

This is why I love my sistas!! While I am natural (or in braids) right now, I remember fondly the days of the phony pony. They are life savers!! Put it on and work a bun...simple and polished. I love being a Black woman!
Old 03-24-2004, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I've worn a phony pony before. Especially in the winter time when the elements can wreak havoc on my hair and I just want to wear a ponytail and go.

Why risk damage to my own hair for a ponytail?

I don't know what I will do this summer though. I am transitioning and unless I can find a "wavy hair" phony pony, I may be out of luck.
Old 03-24-2004, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ykimber
Hi my name is Kim and I am a Phony Pony user. I have been wearing a phony pony since about junior high school. I love them when I don't feel like doing my hair and when I don't feel like sitting for hour to get my hair braided.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Toni Pony

Have any of you tried the "Toni Pony" line from Home Shopping Network? They are really high quality and blend in really well with hair of all different colors. I have long hair, but I bought one to use on weekends when I really don't feel like doing my hair. No one has ever asked if that wasn't my real hair. I bought one for my sister and she loves hers, too.

They come in different lengths and textures, and the prices are great!

http://www.hsn.com/cnt/sf/default.as...tr=161&prev=hp!sf
Old 03-24-2004, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Bragging

I was a phoney pony wearer before they were popular.
People use to believe it was my hair.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I've never worn one, but I've been tempted to. It seems like they are really a convenience. My sister wears them and they look great. I am always worried about the texture of the weave matching the texture of my natural hair.
Old 03-26-2004, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

for those who wish to sport the phony pony, do make sure it's on lockdown, on the head that is. i've seen what happens when a pony gets loose (at a stepshow, by a stepper swinging her head, no less). it was quite ugly.
don't let it happen to you
Old 03-26-2004, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: The city with the beautiful Lake Michigan skyline and Deep dish pizza!
She is telling the truth! One time I came in to work after a severe snowstorm. I was talking to a co worker and went to throw my hair thinking I'm cute and didn't feel anything move. So I threw my head again and again nothing happened. My pony was sitting in the hood of my coat with my hat. For 45 minutes I had sat at my desk with a ball on top of my head looking like a sumo wrestler. Now I check and recheck everytime.
Old 03-26-2004, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

BWAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH !

Whew lawd! My phony pony has the combs on it, although I do add a few extra pins for safety measure (its VERY windy where I live).
Old 03-26-2004, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Mine did have combs, It was just the fact of taking my hat and hood off at the same time took my "girl" ( as I call my pony) with them.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
TTT

Spent $20 on a human hurr phony pony earlier this month, and $60 for a pair of Outre Quick Weaves in human hair. A QW is a 3/4 cap wig that you blend in with your own hair.

My hair is thinning -- it's an inherited condition that I don't want to deal with now, so I just put the QW on and go. The texture's blended well with my own hair, and my sister will put some color in it because it's human.