GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Psi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,716
2 members and 1,714 guests
flamboyanttree, LaneSig

Old 03-23-2001, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quite honestly I don't think that you would get any brother on here that would want to
claim one sorror as our sisters. I have never nor would I ever advicate for someone being
known as the sisters to Kappa Alpha Psi. Also, it depends on regions. Some places we are
really cool with the AKAs, some places with the Deltas, SGRhos, you get the picture.

Becuase of our being founded in the same state, some feel that we have a special
conection with the lovely ladies of SGRho (I got a lota love for them), but others may
not feel as I do. So the answer to your question, is that there is no answer to your
questions.

Hope I was helpfull. (probably not)

MN
Old 03-23-2001, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

You were a really big help ManndingoNUPE, and I want to thank you for responding. I guess it just proves that you men are soley independent upon each other, and no one will ever be apart of that love; except for a NUPE man himself.
THANKS AGAIN!!
Old 03-24-2001, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink sisters for brothers

Hello to the distinguished men of Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity inc. I know that the Nupes are strong independent men, but I would like to know which sorority ya'll would like most to be your sisters and why??? I hope someone responds, beacause it will really help me out with my web site I'm thinking of starting.

Peace Out
Old 03-24-2001, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Hello brothers of Kappa Alpha Psi, Fraternity, Inc. I wanted to comment on your topic of Brothers and Sisters. I will agree, that it depends on the particular region you are located in to determine the sorority that Kappa is linked to. It is true that some Kappas like to be linked to the AKAs or Deltas. I have met some Frat that associate with sororities other than SGRho only because sometimes in their particular location SGRhos are not present for whatever reason. I personally prefer Kappa because in my chapter (graduate) many of the SoRhors are married to Kappas (about 70%) and we have many of our activities with them. I do believe that the relationship with Kappa is a growing one and it is a welcomed notion, however we all know that the only true brother and sister organization is Zeta Phi Beta Simga, therefore each BGLO is an independent organization with its own set of bi-laws and constitutions. However, I do not have a problem with mixing it up a little.

Regarding, who you will choose to be your sisters I guess it all depends on your location and who you enjoy having our activities with. I have known some chapters of Kappa to show a genuine love for SGRhos, so much that they have started chapters, hosted events, and so forth. I hope this response helps some. As I stated before I have always enjoyed working with the Brothers of Kappa Alpha Psi and hopefully will continue. I do beleive that the relationship that we have with you all is one formulated decades ago and I know that it will only grow stronger. EEE-Yo!

SGRho/Spr'92
Old 03-26-2001, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

It should also be noted that the ladies of Sigma Gamma Rho and the men of Kappa Alpha Psi are hosting the first ever Joint Regional Conference in Chicago, IL April 13-15.
Old 03-27-2001, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

KAPPAALPHAPSIPHINUPI FRATERNITY INC. is in no way affiliated with any sorority. As stated earlier, depending on the region we could be linked to AKA's, Delta's, and SGRHO's. And of course can't forget that universal Indiana Luv! However, I will state that I have love for anyone who was chosen to serve. I think that sometimes fraternal relations hold us back. We get caught up in the shallowness of it. So saying that I will end with sending greek luv to all my sistas in the FABULOUS FOUR.

------------------
KAPPA ALPHA PSI FRATERNITY, INC.
SPR 97
XI LAMBDA