GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,019
0 members and 2,019 guests
No Members online

Old 09-27-2014, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

VERY new to this But, NEED ASAP Advice!

Hello Sorors,
I wont take up too much of your time but I NEED some advice on what you all think I should do, I will try to keep our information out of the story as much as I can just to avoid any mishaps but here it goes !
Towards the end of our senior year in high school my friend and I decided to attend the same college. Well long story short we decided that different sororities suited us better. As you can see I became a member of the Illustrious, Spontaneous and OHHHHHHHHH so PRE-TTY Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated, and my friend Aspired to be a woman of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority. However, the chapter for Delta on our campus was suspended. My friend is very ummm, SET in her ways I guess you could say, so after she decided on Delta our Freshmen year she expressed to me that if they do not return , she does not and will not pledge anything else, which is understandable. Well, about two weeks ago, while setting up a booth for an event on campus I overheard the woman that is supposed to be over the chapter say that she does not want any juniors or seniors on the resurrecting line, which means it is a possibility that my friend will not make line.
Now my friend may be very proud, and oh so stubborn at times but I know its possible that this will break her heart. My question to you all is,
1.should I tell her or let her just find out ?
2. What advice should I give her?
3. Should I not say anything at all?
Part of me feels like it will just make her more determined. However, the other half feels like it would be even more devastating to her if she does not make line and I did not say anything. I love my girl with all my heart and from being in high school with her I know that she is very passionate about everything she puts her mind to. I am open to any suggestions and thank you for taking the time out to listen to me.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-27-2014, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

And then there was this: http://www.deltasigmatheta.org/policies_moratorium.html
Old 09-28-2014, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
^^^Fascinating. I've never seen an organization do such a clear job of walking the walk on hazing prevention.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:20 AM
Banned

Some NPHC GLOs do a moratorium every so often to clean house.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I am in awe of the leadership team of Delta Sigma Theta.