GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,490
4 members and 2,486 guests
Cookiez17, oncegreek

Old 06-13-2015, 12:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Size_Small View Post
Not to be dramatic, but everyone wears Comfort Colors t-shirts in nothing less than a medium around here, even if they're tiny (my username is supposed to be a tongue-in-cheek reference to this). I'm not so sure about the AA v-necks, but all of my high school v-necks are AA brand, so I assume it's that way in college too. The colors look the same. As for Comfort Colors, you really can't go wrong. They're comfy, cute colors, and there's a "collect them all" feeling. Unless my high school is trying to save money, my school organizations' shirts will be CC. If you see a Southern HS/college girl with a giant t-shirt, you can bet that it's CC! Irishpipes I think you're from the South? If you ask the actives in your area, I'm sure 90% of their closet will be CC. There's a huge trickle down effect from college -> HS, including but not limited to: Nike shorts, Northface jackets, David Yurman rings, leggings-as-pants, Comfort Colors giant tees.

http://theodysseyonline.com/baylor/w...-colors/108355

http://theodysseyonline.com/georgia-...-shirts/106020

https://www.pinterest.com/explore/comfort-colors/

https://www.pinterest.com/ctlncrocke...rity-t-shirts/

https://www.pinterest.com/southernso...rity-t-shirts/

Please stop coming to GC and claiming to be an expert about what happens on your campus. First, as KSUViolet noted, you appear to be trying to throw shade without it even looking like you are doing that. It's as if you want confirmation that some of these organizations are doing the wrong thing just so you can get them in trouble. Everyone has been nice to you about it but, it makes you seem like an ungrateful PNM who has been invited to graduation parties and other events. You then come on a thread and talk about how the girls at your university dress and what they do. I don't care if you've been on campus for the last five years---just stop! I have to say that you seem like a real troublemaker. You are starting to come off as "that girl" who may do well during recruitment but, then becomes the sister who makes a lot of problems for your chapter. I sincerely hope that my organization isn't "blessed" with your presence on bid day.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-13-2015, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I went to a northern university that did spring recruitment, so I'm not sure how much this will help you.

For the first day of recruitment, all of the chapters always wore specific "ABC U Recruitment 20XX" t-shirts that were ordered and distributed by the Panhellenic Council. We paired ours with dark, well-fitted jeans. If House Tours were planned for this round (which was the case for most of the years I was an undergrad), we'd wear flats or riding boots. I believe all chapters wore block letter t-shirts and jeans for Philanthropy Round as well.

Other than that, outfits varied. It was basically some combination of dressy tops with jeans or dresses/skirts with tights. For Preference, we always wore black dresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolene View Post
At my school, all the chapters would wear nice dresses or skirt suits. We wore all navy, but AOPi wore all red. I dunno if they do that at our other chappies.
We used to do red accessories for the open round. We were allowed to wear outfits in colors that pair well with red and then we'd all wear a couple of different red accessories that complemented our outfits.
Loyal, forever, Alpha to thee

Last edited by Alpha O; 06-13-2015 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Size_Small:

On the off chance that you're not the troll everyone thinks you are, I strongly recommend that you stop posting. I've told you nicely to step away from the keyboard. This is the final time I'm saying it. If you are truly an 18 yo pnm, you have no idea what you are up against. This isn't a warning, it's a statement of fact. You can come back here after you sign your bid card and post away. Seriously. Unless you want to torpedo your chances of getting a bid from any chapter. In which case, carry on.

I don't care if you're in the SEC or what, I don't give a rat's *** about tiers anywhere. We are a Panhellenic community, and we support each other equally.

#annoyed

ETA: I got a lovely PM from S_S telling me that I had only told her to stop posting once, so I'm editing my post for her benefit. She had some other things to say which convinced me she's a TROLL. It's not my style to respond to trolls' PMs or to post same, so move along.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity

Last edited by AZTheta; 06-13-2015 at 04:43 PM.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:05 PM

I recall macallan saying he dug on David Yurman and since he graduated many moons ago, wouldn't that make it completely out of date?

Burrmarau, do you mean the first invitational round or the meet-the-chapters type thing that occurs before any rushees are cut?
Old 06-13-2015, 08:34 PM
GreekChat Member

David Yurman and all the other things she listed are definitely part of the current sorority "uniform" -- my daughter confirmed that all of their chapter shirts are CC. I wasn't aware of that.

Last edited by Sciencewoman; 06-13-2015 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
Size_Small:
ETA: I got a lovely PM from S_S telling me that I had only told her to stop posting once, so I'm editing my post for her benefit. She had some other things to say which convinced me she's a TROLL. It's not my style to respond to trolls' PMs or to post same, so move along.
May I kindly inquire as to WHAT exactly I said that makes you think that I am a troll? I refrained from replying to the other thread, even though I wanted to, because I did take your advice and "let it go." However on this topic, why should I stop? I hoped to PM you because we are getting desperately off topic, and so that whatever differences we may have could be resolved in private, as ladies should. However, no one has given me a proper reason why I should not have posted in this thread in the first place. I am not giving advice to other PNMs, I am not misrepresenting myself as an active or an alum. I am simply relaying pertinent FACTS to the OP.

Burrmarau, if you believe what I said is incorrect or troll-ish in any way, please feel free to PM/DM me and I will provide the link to the images for the outfits I originally mentioned.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:25 AM
GreekChat Member

If she is indeed not a troll, she's already given enough information that we've identified the 2 most likely SEC schools AND possible high schools she attended.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Size_Small View Post
May I kindly inquire as to WHAT exactly I said that makes you think that I am a troll? I refrained from replying to the other thread, even though I wanted to, because I did take your advice and "let it go." However on this topic, why should I stop? I hoped to PM you because we are getting desperately off topic, and so that whatever differences we may have could be resolved in private, as ladies should. However, no one has given me a proper reason why I should not have posted in this thread in the first place. I am not giving advice to other PNMs, I am not misrepresenting myself as an active or an alum. I am simply relaying pertinent FACTS to the OP.

Burrmarau, if you believe what I said is incorrect or troll-ish in any way, please feel free to PM/DM me and I will provide the link to the images for the outfits I originally mentioned.
Actually, you sent me a PM and I explained why you need to step away from the keyboard in pretty clear terms. Someone else in this thread already hit the nail on the head by noting that you may have already identified yourself and may be in the process of ruining your own chances of going Greek. You are not Greek. You do not know how certain things work, though you try to condemn an organization for what you feel may be dirty rushing. You've had alumnae on this website from all over the country who may be advisors at your very school tell you that you need to stop trying to put it all out there. You don't listen. You are doing yourself a real disservice. You can lead a horse to water but, you can't make him drink. I'm thinking you will do a good job of weeding yourself out during recruitment if you haven't already ruined your chances.