GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 808
1 members and 807 guests
babobygooglet93

Old 03-22-2015, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

What does your chapter wear 1st recruitment round?

As an advisor for a large southern sorority chapter, we are trying to get a variety of ideas of what chapters wear during their first round of recruitment. What does your chapter wear for the first round of recruitment?
Old 03-22-2015, 11:05 PM
Super Moderator

I have known campuses where sorority members wore sundresses for first round parties, while at other campuses members wore pastel variations of one of the sorority colors with white skinny jeans. One chapter wore those filmy, floaty,sleeveless tops while another wore v neck short sleeve t-shirts. I have seen chapters in rainbow colors. What do chapters on your campus usually wear for first round?
Old 03-22-2015, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

At Clemson all chapters wear matching stitched lettershirts and some form of skirts, pants, shorts or capris during the first round of parties. I agree with FSUZeta that if most of the chapters on your campus are wearing one type of outfit, you probably shouldn't stray too far from that concept.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

At my school, all the chapters would wear nice dresses or skirt suits. We wore all navy, but AOPi wore all red. I dunno if they do that at our other chappies.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Totally depends on campus recruitment rules. Some campuses I work with all wear a CPC t-shirt (PNMS wear same shirt in one color and each chapter wears same design in a color assigned to each chapter). All sororities can choose what to wear on the bottom...white linen pants, skinny jeans, same color shorts, etc.

On other campuses where first round attire is a bit dressier, I have seen solid color dresses in chapter colors, Lilly sundresses, or different outfits (pants, skirts, etc) in certain color blocks. All are so cute!
Old 06-09-2015, 04:33 PM
GreekChat Member

at my school girls wear the same color v-neck with their letters on them and then they choose the bottoms/shoes etc they wear (usually denim)
Old 06-09-2015, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

At the Southern school I'll be attending, actives wear either a Comfort Colors or American Apparel V-Neck tee shirt with the sorority name fully spelled out. They usually have one or two colors to choose from (I remember one having 4 colors). All members of the same sorority wear the same bottoms. Either white pants (very popular), denim skinny jeans, white shorts, or the same colored shorts.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Wait a minute, Size_Small... you say you "will be attending" and you also posted about dirty rushing in another post but you go on to talk like you've already been there, done that. What gives?
Old 06-09-2015, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Size_Small View Post
At the Southern school I'll be attending, actives wear either a Comfort Colors or American Apparel V-Neck tee shirt with the sorority name fully spelled out. They usually have one or two colors to choose from (I remember one having 4 colors). All members of the same sorority wear the same bottoms. Either white pants (very popular), denim skinny jeans, white shorts, or the same colored shorts.
QFP

At Arizona, all chapters wear t-shirts with the chapter letters screen printed on them (all are the same t-shirts so I *think* they are ordered through Panhellenic, not positive, but they only differ in the letters) and shorts. The shorts are not Nike shorts - they are really cute. Some chapters wear sandals, others wear espadrilles. It's hellishly hot in August. Hope that helps.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 06-09-2015, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

In the past we've done either screenprinted tees/tanks with just the greek letters or have them stitched in a monogram like font. This year I'm pretty sure that this recruitment we are doing matching shirts among panhell that have the name of our respected sorority.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Wait a minute, Size_Small... you say you "will be attending" and you also posted about dirty rushing in another post but you go on to talk like you've already been there, done that. What gives?
When you say "been there done that" are you referring to this post or the one where I was OP? I know about the outfits because my school's Panhellenic posts door chants on the first day, and many individual sororities have Facebook/instagrams where they post pictures throughout the week. If you're talking about the other post, I address things that have happened either to me personally or to my neighbor who is my best friend. I hope that clears up any confusion you may have!
Old 06-10-2015, 11:51 PM

Quote:
If you're talking about the other post, I address things that have happened either to me personally or to my neighbor who is my best friend. I hope that clears up any confusion you may have!
I see you relaying some info regarding rumored dirty rushing.

Yes, your friend told you or whatever. However, if I were rushing, I really wouldn't come here saying "I heard XYZ dirty rushes."

It makes no sense. You say you are interested in this sorority but you are all "I heard they _____." It comes off as "throwing shade without really trying to look like I'm throwing it."

If I were an XYZ and I read that, I'd be side-eyeing you so hard (and trying to narrow down who your friend is who is spilling all the tea.)

Lakers Nation.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Quote:
When you say "been there done that" are you referring to this post or the one where I was OP? I know about the outfits because my school's Panhellenic posts door chants on the first day, and many individual sororities have Facebook/instagrams where they post pictures throughout the week. If you're talking about the other post, I address things that have happened either to me personally or to my neighbor who is my best friend. I hope that clears up any confusion you may have!
Do the door chant and Instagram pictures mention the brands of the shirts? You sure have a lot of detailed info for an 18 y/o PNM.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Smaller southern school, but all of our chapters wear stitched letter tshirts (most are now vneck as far as I know) and shorts for round 1. My chapter switched over from 3 different colored pattern crew neck stitched letter shirts to 1 color vnecks, with white letters surrounded by a navy border. We usually wear white shorts with a navy belt.

In the last year or so, panhellenic started regulating what PNMs wear for the first round, so now they wear a tshirt provided by panhellenic at recruitment orientation and shorts/skirt for round 1.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpipes View Post
Do the door chant and Instagram pictures mention the brands of the shirts? You sure have a lot of detailed info for an 18 y/o PNM.
Not to be dramatic, but everyone wears Comfort Colors t-shirts in nothing less than a medium around here, even if they're tiny (my username is supposed to be a tongue-in-cheek reference to this). I'm not so sure about the AA v-necks, but all of my high school v-necks are AA brand, so I assume it's that way in college too. The colors look the same. As for Comfort Colors, you really can't go wrong. They're comfy, cute colors, and there's a "collect them all" feeling. Unless my high school is trying to save money, my school organizations' shirts will be CC. If you see a Southern HS/college girl with a giant t-shirt, you can bet that it's CC! Irishpipes I think you're from the South? If you ask the actives in your area, I'm sure 90% of their closet will be CC. There's a huge trickle down effect from college -> HS, including but not limited to: Nike shorts, Northface jackets, David Yurman rings, leggings-as-pants, Comfort Colors giant tees.

http://theodysseyonline.com/baylor/w...-colors/108355

http://theodysseyonline.com/georgia-...-shirts/106020

https://www.pinterest.com/explore/comfort-colors/

https://www.pinterest.com/ctlncrocke...rity-t-shirts/

https://www.pinterest.com/southernso...rity-t-shirts/

Last edited by Size_Small; 06-13-2015 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Added reference links