GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,274
0 members and 2,274 guests
No Members online

Old 04-29-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetpretty View Post
No, that's not what I was referring to. In that analogy, there would have to be a second local (not the Chi Omega turned Zeta Psi Sigma turned Alpha Chi Omega group) that would seek Chi Omega for NPC affiliation.
I realized that later. But, I was too lazy to go back and change it. (Hey, I'm a guy who admits he's lazy.)

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-29-2009, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise_DPhiE View Post
That is exactly what happened. Five applied to Dartmouth, 3 invited to present, one declined (literally hours after I saw they got a big school on here) and so of the two who got cut, one "lost" a spot b/c the school said, ok, we'll just stick with these 2.
Who was invited to present at Dartmouth?
Old 04-30-2009, 09:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Theta Phi Alpha is installing York College of PA and the reopening U of Michigan - Flint this weekend.

We will also be colonizing New England College and Indiana University-South Bend this fall.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WVU alpha phi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAGirlie View Post
Theta Phi Alpha is installing York College of PA and the reopening U of Michigan - Flint this weekend.
A family friend's daughter is a Phi Sigma Sigma at York, based off her facebook pictures it looks like Greek Life is a good time there.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Penn State-Harrisburg

I initially posted this with the link and information (not realizing it was a personal page and not a group page) but, there is an interest group of girls at Penn State Harrisburg trying to start a Kappa Kappa Gamma chapter. There are currently two NIC/IFC fraternities there: TKE and Kappa Sigma, as well as, other NPHC organizations but, no sororities.

Sorry SAEAlumnus-and thank you for catching that.

The girls aren't trying to start a local to get absorbed-they are actually trying to start Kappa Kappa Gamma from the ground up. I just wanted to make KKG aware and let anyone else out there who is interested in talking to their Nationals or any of the PSU campuses about colonizing.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Denise_DPhiE
Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
I initially posted this with the link and information (not realizing it was a personal page and not a group page) but, there is an interest group of girls at Penn State Harrisburg trying to start a Kappa Kappa Gamma chapter. There are currently two NIC/IFC fraternities there: TKE and Kappa Sigma, as well as, other NPHC organizations but, no sororities.

Sorry SAEAlumnus-and thank you for catching that.

The girls aren't trying to start a local to get absorbed-they are actually trying to start Kappa Kappa Gamma from the ground up. I just wanted to make KKG aware and let anyone else out there who is interested in talking to their Nationals or any of the PSU campuses about colonizing.
I contacted her and she posted here but it looks like it was deleted. She has already been in contact with NPC to alert all npc groups of her interest, which currently kkg is of particular interest but may not be what kkg is looking for so I told her she should be opened minded. What isn't clear is which campus she is at b/c her fb status says PS Altoona - which is not Harrisburg campus. Maybe she is transferring?
Old 04-30-2009, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise_DPhiE View Post
I contacted her and she posted here but it looks like it was deleted. She has already been in contact with NPC to alert all npc groups of her interest, which currently kkg is of particular interest but may not be what kkg is looking for so I told her she should be opened minded. What isn't clear is which campus she is at b/c her fb status says PS Altoona - which is not Harrisburg campus. Maybe she is transferring?
Yes, I saw that there were posts about Penn State Altoona. The group page is under the title "Penn State Harrisburg Sorority"....I'm not sure. Hopefully, they will get Greek life at PSU-Harrisburg, as well as, other campuses. I'm a firm believer in opening organizations across the globe-and smaller campuses should not be pushed aside. It would be great to see Greek life at all the campuses...to include other branch campuses of other large universities...
Old 04-30-2009, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

UK expansion

Hey guys I found this on the UK panhellenic website

"UK Panhellenic Welcomes Alpha Phi to Campus!

This semester, the women of the Panhellenic Council at the University of Kentucky voted to expand. After choosing to add a new chapter, three chapters came in to meet with an expansion committee made up of a representative from each chapter already on UK's campus, as well as Julie Meader who served as the committee chair and Madison Deskins, Panhellenic president. After meeting with these three national organizations, the expansion committee elected to bring Alpha Phi to our campus this fall, and to bring Phi Mu in Fall of 2011.

We are very excited for Alpha Phi to join our Panhellenic community this fall!"

Thought everyone would be interested.

GreekChat.com - The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network
Old 04-30-2009, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXiDSarahJ View Post

This semester, the women of the Panhellenic Council at the University of Kentucky voted to expand. After choosing to add a new chapter, three chapters came in to meet with an expansion committee made up of a representative from each chapter already on UK's campus, as well as Julie Meader who served as the committee chair and Madison Deskins, Panhellenic president. After meeting with these three national organizations, the expansion committee elected to bring Alpha Phi to our campus this fall, and to bring Phi Mu in Fall of 2011.

Thanks.

There is going to be a lot of new Greek Housing construction going on at UK the next few years. What with Alpha Phi in the Fall 2009 and Phi Mu in the Fall 2011. Plus there are at least two new fraternity houses being built and two other fraternity houses undergoing remodeling/upgrades. GO BIG BLUE!

Last edited by TSteven; 04-30-2009 at 04:22 PM. Reason: corrected date
Old 04-30-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
Yes, I saw that there were posts about Penn State Altoona. The group page is under the title "Penn State Harrisburg Sorority"....I'm not sure. Hopefully, they will get Greek life at PSU-Harrisburg, as well as, other campuses. I'm a firm believer in opening organizations across the globe-and smaller campuses should not be pushed aside. It would be great to see Greek life at all the campuses...to include other branch campuses of other large universities...
There are a couple problems with that.

1. If a branch is still primarily 2 year, the turnover will be a real issue.
2. Chapters at branches are often as different from the chapter at the main campus as they would be from a chapter of their group at, say, Lehigh or Bloomsburg. It isn't a seamless transition from one place to the other.

The reason NPCs are at the branches they are at now is because those branches have the majority of students there for 4 years. Same with Pitt & UPJ. I know Harrisburg is getting there.

It sounds good on paper but it can be dicey in real life.

Last edited by 33girl; 04-30-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations to Alpha Phi and Phi Mu on UK!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 06:12 PM

Congrats Alpha Phi and Phi Mu!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 06:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
OMG I am SO stoked...and my cat is terrified. I read this, let out a scream and scared her!

Congrats to Alpha Phi and Phi Mu

Last edited by Jill1228; 04-30-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXiDSarahJ View Post

SEC+Alpha Phi= Me!

Congrats to Phi Mu as well!

Old 04-30-2009, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA, sooo excited for that!!!!