GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,697
3 members and 2,694 guests
PGD-GRAD, Sarak24034
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 07:26 PM
wildcatgirl

I really want to be a DG. My grandma was one at U of A... can anyone give me an idea of what they are like at U of A?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-01-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatgirl View Post
I really want to be a DG. My grandma was one at U of A... can anyone give me an idea of what they are like at U of A?
I am assuming you are talking about Arizona.

Some advice since you're new here:

It's considered a little inappropriate to ask "What is ____ like at _____ school? Why? Because we feel that reputations are based on people's opinions and that girls should go through recruitment, ACTUALLY meet women in the chapter and form an opinion for themselves.

It's also suggested that girls not post on the internet about REALLY wanting to be a ______.

Why not?

Because recruitment is a mutual selection process. If you're going to go through the (rush) recruitment process, you should keep an open mind to ALL sororities. Besides, you don't even know that DG will invite you back during the process. Also, having a relative in a chapter doesn't guarantee a bid.

It's also just a little creepy to come on the internet saying you want to be a ________.

I suggest reading the Advice threads in the Sorority REcruitment forum.

Lakers Nation.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
It's been a long, long, long, long time since your grandma was in school. If she went back as a collegian now, she might hate DG and end up joining another sorority. Don't base your desires on one member, no matter how wonderful they are.

And yeah, no one is going to answer the "what are they like" question.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:03 AM

I suggest reading these 2 threads if you're interested in going through sorority recruitment (rush). Yes, they're long, but there is alot of good advice in them:

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=54403
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=30758

Lakers Nation.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:26 AM

Quote:
I've read a ton about it already. I was just wondering if anyone had "opinions," if you will, about DG at U of Arizona. That's all. I understand that everyone's "opinion" is different, but I would like to hear their opinions.
Sorry hun. If you're looking for that, you won't find it.

We just don't do "opinion" here. Because it's all subjective and there's no real point to it. One person will say they're this way, and another person will say they are not. Also, opinions on the internet often just to gossip about chapters (before you know it, someone is saying that a sorority does drugs, are nerds, you get the idea) and that's tacky.

Also: Why does it matter what a bunch of randoms on the internet think of DG?

Why would you want to make any sort of decision about the sorority that you'll spend a good majority of your college years (and really your life) with based on random message board opinions? I sure wouldn't.

Furthermore, there is no real way to determine whether you want to be in a chapter until you ACTUALLY meet people.

My opinion: Go to Arizona, sign up for recruitment, and meet the girls. Then form YOUR OWN opinions. You'll be happy you did.

I promise I'm not trying to be mean, but we get these types of questions alllllll the time and people fail to see why it's silly to ask them.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 05-02-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
I really don't care if the "bunch of randoms on the internet" have different opinions, I'd like to hear them. And second, I'm not trying to make any decision on here, why would I do that? I just would like to hear what people have to say... I'm not trying to make a decision online because that would be ridiculous. Of course I'm going to go to U of A and sign up for recruitment and meet all the girls. I just asked a simple question... thought I'd get a simple answer, but nevermind.
You don't seem to get it.

People could come on here who know nothing about DG at Arizona, who have never BEEN to Arizona, and post ridiculous things like "I hear they have a 10 pm curfew and have to study for 4 hours every day." If you want that, we can do it, cause it's kind of fun.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
I really don't care if the "bunch of randoms on the internet" have different opinions, I'd like to hear them. And second, I'm not trying to make any decision on here, why would I do that? I just would like to hear what people have to say... I'm not trying to make a decision online because that would be ridiculous. Of course I'm going to go to U of A and sign up for recruitment and meet all the girls. I just asked a simple question... thought I'd get a simple answer, but nevermind.

You fail to understand that the question is inappropriate because it only leads to DRAMA. People will come here and post what they 'heard' about a chapter, and nothing will be based in fact.

You want to someone's opinion and next thing you know, some random just posts "I heard everyone in their chapter is required to buy a tanning package!" (completely false) then the rumor train gets going and we don't promote rumors. We're not that kind of site.

Simple answer: They're a great group of women, obviously. All DG chapters are full of great people.

The end.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 05-02-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I've asked it before and have gotten a perfectly good answer.
If you got an answer, why ask again?

Old 05-02-2009, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Different people have different opinions
...which is exactly why you should attend recruitment events and form your own opinions.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

i think U of A sucks.

now see if i really meant that, there would be this whole cluster eff about how it doesnt suck, or my opinion is biased bc i go to ASU. people thrive on drama, even more so on the internet bc they dont have to held accountable for their words. if you want to see how that pans out i suggest you check out thedirty.com opinon questions like that just breed hate.

ps. UofA does suck and thats just my biased sun devil opinion.

Did you know if you watch jaws backwards, its a movie about a shark that throws up so many people that they have to build a beach?
Old 05-02-2009, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, how about this?

I have heard that the DGs at U of A are a muture group of young women who are vehemently turned-off by potential members who solicit opinions of them over the internet. They refuse to pledge anyone who seeks out meaningness drivel about them from a bunch of strangers who may or may not know them in real life. Their chapter is a strong one with a great philanthropy, strong sisterhood, and lots of social opportunities... just like all the other chapters on campus.

This is what *I* think. Does that make you feel better?
Old 05-02-2009, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

LOL

This girl is hopeless.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
LOL

This girl is hopeless.
I think she needs to go up a few steps to get to hopeless, actually.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:06 PM
wildcatgirl

Haha you guys are SO cool.... and you take this WAY too seriously. Get a life.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Haha you guys are SO cool.... and you take this WAY too seriously. Get a life.
Said the girl who came on the internet asking a bunch of strangers for their opinion about a sorority.

Lakers Nation.
Closed Thread