GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,397
2 members and 1,395 guests
LaneSig, TLLK

Old 01-27-2014, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi!
1) Melissa
2) James Madison University/Gamma Mu
3) Alumnae
4) I joined AGD because it was just "right" and my best memory is of the life long friends I made and now watching our kids go off to college and hope they have the same bond!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9194Mom View Post
Hi!
1) Melissa
2) James Madison University/Gamma Mu
3) Alumnae
4) I joined AGD because it was just "right" and my best memory is of the life long friends I made and now watching our kids go off to college and hope they have the same bond!
Welcome Melissa. We always love additional Alpha Gams to join the board.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

1) First Name
2) College/University and Chapter
3) Collegian or Alumnae
4) Why you joined Alpha Gam and/or your fave memory of AGD.
Hey everyone!
My name is Carly. I'm an active member from the Alpha Pi chapter at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan! My favorite memory of AGD would be when I got my sister-daughter, Jackie. During the reveal, we both kept squealing with excitement and other members had to keep us quiet until the reveal ceremony was over. Oops!
Old 04-07-2014, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Roll Call

1) First Name - Kim
2) College/University and Chapter - Brenau Women's College Mu Chapter
3) Collegian or Alumnae - Alumnae since 1990
4) Why you joined Alpha Gam and/or your fave memory of AGD - I joined Alpha Gam because it was the right place for me.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome Kim!
Old 04-07-2014, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi, Kim Hope you enjoy the boards!
Old 05-05-2015, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Roll Call

1) First Name-Chelsea
2) College/University and Chapter-Coe College and Pi Chapter
3) Collegian or Alumnae-Alumnae
4) Why you joined Alpha Gam and/or your fave memory of AGD-I joined as an alumnae initiate on Sunday, May 3rd. I was an alumna of the interest group that formed on campus when I was still a collegian and I remained close to the women including helping with recruitment after my graduation in 2012 and I decided I wanted to pursue AI after Alpha Gamma Delta was selected to recolonize. My favorite memories of Alpha Gamma Delta are International Reunion Day when I found out that IHQ had accepted me for membership and then Sunday when I was initiated and they held the reinstallation of Pi Chapter. I could not imagine finding a more perfect fit for me and I love all my new sisters.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KohawkAlumna08 View Post
1) First Name-Chelsea
4) Why you joined Alpha Gam and/or your fave memory of AGD-I joined as an alumnae initiate on Sunday, May 3rd. I was an alumna of the interest group that formed on campus when I was still a collegian and I remained close to the women including helping with recruitment after my graduation in 2012 and I decided I wanted to pursue AI after Alpha Gamma Delta was selected to recolonize. My favorite memories of Alpha Gamma Delta are International Reunion Day when I found out that IHQ had accepted me for membership and then Sunday when I was initiated and they held the reinstallation of Pi Chapter. I could not imagine finding a more perfect fit for me and I love all my new sisters.
How wonderful! Welcome!
Old 05-05-2015, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome!

I am so happy to have you as a sister!!
Old 05-05-2015, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome!

I am so happy to have you as a sister!!
Old 05-07-2015, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
1) First Name-Chelsea
Welcome to our sisterhood! Love your story
Old 05-21-2015, 09:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
1) First Name-Chelsea
Welcome, Chelsea! Glad to have you as a sister -- and on GreekChat.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi...been hanging around on these boards for a few months now. Not sure if I ever did the roll call or not. But, anyway, better late than never!!
1.) First Name: Tara
2.) Chapter - Theta Kappa, University of Virginia
3.) Alumnae
4.) Why you joined Alpha Gam? I was part of a local sorority. UVa's system is very different in that there is an Inter Sorority Council that governs things, not a Panhellenic Council. Local chapters must jump through a lot of hoops before the ISC approves them to affiliate with a National Organization. So, we took about a year and a half doing all of that and then invited Gamma Phi Beta, Alpha Gamma Delta and Alpha Sigma Alpha to come to present to us. We had been leaning towards Gamma Phi Beta and even called our local group "Phi Beta" because we had a Gamma Phi transfer from UGa who was part of our group. But, their presentation didn't blow us away. It was obvious that they didn't really want to be there. I remember clearly Trisha Barber coming in from AGD and just completely blowing our socks off. We left that presentation all wanting to be Alpha Gams...and so we were installed in February of 1990. Needless to say, going from almost two years as a self-governing local sorority to having to learn all new rules and regs didn't sit well with some folks, so my favorite AGD memory is when International Grand President Laverne Taylor Flannagan came to Charlottesville and sat on the floor of our living room with us eating hot dogs and explaining why it was important that we learn to do things the AGD way. I only got to experience undergrad life as an initiated member for 1 semester before I graduated, but I've been very involved ever since with involvement in alumnae clubs and chapters from Washington DC to Hawaii to Reno, Nevada to Tampa. I'm a convention junkie and can't wait for Orlando next summer...which will be my 5th convention.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome! I can't wait for Orlando either It will be my 8th (I think! Have I actually lost track?)
Old 08-09-2017, 08:59 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm Alex
I am a student at Georgetown College, Theta Upsilon chapter
I joined because the people I spent most my out of class time with were Alpha Gams! On our chapel day we go out and present ourselves to all the sororities in our new colors, I got so excited going out those doors I forgot to stop so everyone could see the colors, I just took off down the stairs right into my now Bigs arms!!