GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,541
2 members and 2,539 guests
Cookiez17

Old 05-13-2000, 09:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Serenity
Talking Memories....

OK Ladies and Gentlemen, here's a fun topic. What is your FAVORITE memory as a newly initiated member of your organization? I know some of us have to go back in time to answer this one (ahem...ahem) .

My all time favorite memory is of the night I was initiated. After celebrating for hours at a house party, I decided to finally return to my residence hall for the first time in months to see my roommate.

I was walking with one of my LS' and our friend Steven. After not being able to talk when I was on line, this night I was talking non-stop. It was a looooong walk to my RH. Steven finally turns to me and says, "I know you're excited, but could you please shut-up!?! Damn! Take a breath!" I was feeling too good Ladies and Gents that this didn't even hurt my feelings.

What is your favorite memory?

------------------
Sincerity, Loyalty, Unity

[This message has been edited by Serenity (edited May 13, 2000).]
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-13-2000, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverTurtle
Smile

I think there are just too many to pick only one!!

------------------
SilverTurtle@greekchat.com
Phi Beta Fraternity
Phi chapter
Old 05-15-2000, 09:50 AM

Smile

A TKE toga mixer that I won't go into detail about here...

And everyone on my floor writing congratulations notes on my memo board in my dorm the night I was initiated.
Old 05-15-2000, 06:37 PM
Artimis

I do have way to many memories from my college sorority life (and many more that have followed since as an alumna!)

But I do think of of the most special times was my intiation and the charter ceremony that followed. To see a goal of setting a permancy of both my life in Alpha Sigma Kappa and the life of the sorority on campus plucks the strings in the heart.

The other time was an after meeting hot chocolate run by me and a few sisters....

Jennifer

------------------
Beta Chapter Alumna and Founder
Alpha Sigma Kappa - Women in Technical Studies
http://alpha-sigma-kappa.ou.edu/
http://www.alpha-sigma-kappa.org
Old 05-16-2000, 09:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

My favorite memory is when a bunch of guys from the house went to South Padre Island for Spring Break a few years ago. I went on Spring Break trips three years running, but Padre was easily my favorite. There were 14 brothers total, along with 5 other friends who weren't in our house, and we stayed in two condos at this big resort. Just an all-around amazing week. As far as I know, Padre isn't one of the big Spring Break destinations these days, but back in my day it was the place to be.

I just realized that this memory doesn't have anything to do with my initiation, since it was my junior year, but what the heck.

[This message has been edited by Alumnus who cares (edited May 16, 2000).]
Old 05-17-2000, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Definitely my first GreekFest at Philly!! It was so nice to see members from different organizations gathered together. I really enjoyed meeting new Sorors and fellow sands. Ah yes, nothing like the first time...
Old 05-18-2000, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to equeen
Talking

ooooh....the sense of completion...and the understanding that it was the beginning, not the end. I feel it every time we initiate a new candidate class.

Old 05-18-2000, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I too remember most fondly my initiation into Zeta Phi Beta Sorority. On February 29, 1992 my dreams and hard work came to fruition. The rest of the night was spent celebrating at a nearby college event. Being recognized and greeted as "Soror" and part of the family was nice. Then the REAL fun began. 8 years later I am still active and fully financial.

------------------
Sweet Deliverance's PHI-losophy:
"What you do or do not do today determines what you can or cannot do tomorrow."
Old 05-18-2000, 11:29 PM
c&c1913

The first thing we did was after initiation was that we went to Dallas and attended the Univ. of North Texas greekshow. It was great being called Soror and getting shown all kinds of neo-love! We did the call until we were hoarse.(at least I know I did)
OOOOOOOO-OOOOP to all of my Sorors of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated!!

------------------
Every Woman's Dream is to Wear that Infamous Crimson and Cream.
Old 05-19-2000, 03:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kammye
Generally, how long is the pledge or initiation process? Forgive me, I'm not a greek and am not familiar with the terms and processes. I am highly interested in becoming a member of a BGLO (sorority)and was just wondering how long the process is.
Old 05-19-2000, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Salience Send a message via Yahoo to Salience
Exclamation

Hey, kammye!

Perhaps you should inquire with each individual organization, because the "process" varies, and is not necessarily open for "open baord" discussion.

I am sure you'll find whatever help and information can be offered will be, though. This is a pretty "newbie/interested" friendly atmosphere.

Good luck with your search.

------------------
@~~^~~~~
Subtlety is the key ;o)
Old 05-19-2000, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

The night that we were initiated was a great night at the end. The love that filled that rooma and the tears were so real, but the next day I went to my first regional conference and it was great to see a whole city full of blu and gold and have all these complete strangers come up to you and hug you and call you soror, but then you realize that they are not strangers they are your sisters. It was and still is a great feeling.