GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,561
2 members and 1,559 guests
nathnpetrovo648, Xidelt

Old 04-25-2012, 04:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey longhorn427!

I am on the EXACT same boat as you are! I will be rushing as a Junior since I transferred in for this year and by the time I got all my transfer stuff taken care of I was already too late to do any of the Rush things so I feel your pain. If you went to HP so did I which is kinda weird that I found this post, but anywhos that's beside the point. The people that I've talked to have said that rushing as a Junior is tough, they do have spots for upperclasmen, but like many people have mentioned they don't have to fill them since their interest is more on freshmen. What everyone has agreed on and what I've been told is that you should go for it regardless and have an open mind to some disappointment and being open to other houses than the ones you mentioned. Good luck to you!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-25-2012, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Good attitude LonghornLady..Good luck to both of you!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinapple View Post
The new member period takes tremendous effort on the part of the training sisters and some simply don't feel that a three quarter active is worth the effort.
[sidebar] I understand the effort put into new member training...and the importance of retention to strength and stability of collegiate chapters & thus the emphasis on recruiting freshman, but as an active alumna volunteer who works her butt off to help graduates embrace the lifetime aspect of our sisterhood, this makes me so sad...3 semesters or 4 years is just a drop in the bucket v. the potential of the rest of your life as an active, contributing member...some of our best alumnae volunteers didn't have lengthy collegiate experiences... *sigh* [/sidebar]
Old 04-26-2012, 11:29 AM

I would also question the NM period taking tremendous effort on the part of the "training" sisters - for one thing, the entire chapter should be part of NM education, not just the pledge mom and her assistant and/or committee...for another, pledge programs are far less rigorous than they used to be. Most of them are nationally standardized so it's not like the pledge mom has to make up a new program every semester.

Let's just call a spade a spade: it's all about the