GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Gamma > Gamma Phi Beta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,430
0 members and 1,430 guests
No Members online

Old 10-15-2003, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Happy things!

A lot of the other groups have a highs/lows thread, but since we already have our "Venting..." thread I thought we should have a just a happy thread!

My happy thought for the day is that I don't have class again until Monday! I love fall break! AND I don't have to work every day over the break like I thought they would make me, only two days!!! Hurray!
Old 10-15-2003, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I had a date with an awesome guy last Friday.......

AND, he called Monday evening wanting me to come over to watch football (yes, Brian's been out for a while).

I'm leaving in 16 days for a week in the Caribbean........woo hoo
Old 10-16-2003, 10:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Strange but true

I finally figured out a way to make my doggie be good! He always likes to be crazy in the mornings when I am home (especially during the middle of the week when I'm not normally here!) so sometimes I sing songs to him - today I sang him door songs, substituting Poo for you! (He's a Lhasa Poo.)

I can't believe I'm actually admitting this, but it works! He just sat there mesmerized watching me clap. I'm pretty sure my mom thought I was crazy after "Gamma Phi Beta welcomes Poo here!" I think this is more proof that he actually wants to be a girl puppy.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: New Orleans. Or pure unpenetrable evil, depending on what I feel like at the moment.
Send a message via AIM to GPhiLlama Send a message via Yahoo to GPhiLlama
It's Friday, so it's the weekend and I get to wear my letters today!
Old 10-17-2003, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GPhiLlama
It's Friday, so it's the weekend and I get to wear my letters today!
Woohoo! You get initiated pretty soon, don't you?
Old 10-17-2003, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: New Orleans. Or pure unpenetrable evil, depending on what I feel like at the moment.
Send a message via AIM to GPhiLlama Send a message via Yahoo to GPhiLlama
Actually, most of the girls in my pledge class just got pinned. I was in a show, so I couldn't make any of the meetings. They're being really really nice about it, though!
Old 10-17-2003, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Another happy thing...........

I'm going to the Seahawks game with the same guy I went out with last Friday (and did I say I saw him Monday night too).

Woo Hoo.........

AND...........one month until my birthday.

Your resident moderator likes presents too.........LOL
Old 09-06-2006, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBlondeGPhB
Another happy thing...........

I'm going to the Seahawks game with the same guy I went out with last Friday (and did I say I saw him Monday night too).

Woo Hoo.........

AND...........one month until my birthday.

Your resident moderator likes presents too.........LOL
I just have to say that OMG this post is TOO funny........LOL

(can't remember said guy's name either)
Old 09-07-2006, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphiangel624
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBlondeGPhB
I just have to say that OMG this post is TOO funny........LOL

(can't remember said guy's name either)
This absolutely cracked me up...
Old 10-01-2006, 04:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi Ladies!

I just wanted to share that I managed to make the news last night. San Diego's Channel 8 news station did a bit on the Community Emergency Response Team Helicopter Operations training I did yesterday. CERT is a program which provides free training for civilians to become Disaster Service Workers who may be called to assist in the event of a major emergency. Our training is conducted by firefighters and professionals from San Diego Fire-Rescue.

I volunteered to take extra training for Helio Ops and we conducted the live exercises yesterday with SDFR's Copter One. We learned how to marshall in the aircraft (arm-signalling from the ground to help land the helio), loading/unloading passengers, and how to prepare long lines (freight).

I had a blast! To my surprise, I was selected to be the CERT who marshalled in Copter One! (Gamma Phi Beta represent!! ) The news cameras arrived after my big moment; but they got a lot of shots of the various teams in action. News 8 has a link to the story and video on their website. In the video, several of the clips are of my group, Team Five! You can't really see me, but when they show people getting in and out of the helio, and a big guy in a bright orange shirt, that's us. There's a part where they show a line of people ducking and shuffling away from Copter One, I'm the last person in the line on the right.

http://www.kfmb.com/stories/story.65114.html

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 10-01-2006, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
Hi Ladies!

I just wanted to share that I managed to make the news last night. San Diego's Channel 8 news station did a bit on the Community Emergency Response Team Helicopter Operations training I did yesterday. CERT is a program which provides free training for civilians to become Disaster Service Workers who may be called to assist in the event of a major emergency. Our training is conducted by firefighters and professionals from San Diego Fire-Rescue.

I volunteered to take extra training for Helio Ops and we conducted the live exercises yesterday with SDFR's Copter One. We learned how to marshall in the aircraft (arm-signalling from the ground to help land the helio), loading/unloading passengers, and how to prepare long lines (freight).

I had a blast! To my surprise, I was selected to be the CERT who marshalled in Copter One! (Gamma Phi Beta represent!! ) The news cameras arrived after my big moment; but they got a lot of shots of the various teams in action. News 8 has a link to the story and video on their website. In the video, several of the clips are of my group, Team Five! You can't really see me, but when they show people getting in and out of the helio, and a big guy in a bright orange shirt, that's us. There's a part where they show a line of people ducking and shuffling away from Copter One, I'm the last person in the line on the right.

http://www.kfmb.com/stories/story.65114.html

.....Kelly

Sorry to jump all in yalls board, but I've got MY CERT patch. Though, I'm not technically a civilian doing this anymore. I've just had the patch for 2 years though. Haha. You ladies have a nice Sunday evening!
Old 10-18-2003, 12:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GPhiLlama
Actually, most of the girls in my pledge class just got pinned. I was in a show, so I couldn't make any of the meetings. They're being really really nice about it, though!
OK, maybe I'm crazy then! When do you get initiated?
Old 10-18-2003, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Yay for you and your date, Melanie!!!!! And I will draw you a lovely picture of a present.
Old 10-18-2003, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I might even see him tonight. He was going to go out with a co-worker but that might not happen so he might come over. I figure just the fact that he said "that sounds wonderful" when I asked (rather than anything less enthusiastic) is a good sign whether he can make it or not. But he's hard to figure out.........
Old 10-18-2003, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SmartBlondeGPhB
I might even see him tonight. He was going to go out with a co-worker but that might not happen so he might come over. I figure just the fact that he said "that sounds wonderful" when I asked (rather than anything less enthusiastic) is a good sign whether he can make it or not. But he's hard to figure out.........
Oooh la la. You'll have to let us know what happens!