GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,519
1 members and 1,518 guests
gatordeltapgh

Old 12-13-2009, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello, hello! *tapping the mic* Is this thing on?

I am interested as to why Delta Drive is not popular anymore? Your thoughts?
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-13-2009, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Hmm. Not sure. I'm constantly lurking, though. lol
Old 12-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Banned

Intro thread and random thread are the only threads here that got much play. I guess wait for the new lines to come out and when folks are feeling more random.

Other than that, I never know (nor care) what forums the threads that I read and post in are in.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanMami0286 View Post
Hmm. Not sure. I'm constantly lurking, though. lol
Same here, but not moved to post as much.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Intro thread and random thread are the only threads here that got much play. I guess wait for the new lines to come out and when folks are feeling more random.

Other than that, I never know (nor care) what forums the threads that I read and post in are in.
Yeah Random Spurts is where I do post the most. Guess I need to drive around GC city more to other locations.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
The economy.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 12-14-2009, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
The economy.
Too expensive, eh?
Old 12-14-2009, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post

I think the trolls / perps have been warned about the responses they will get when they post stupid stuff and / or the mods on Delta Dr. have been much faster to shut them down.

I have also been doing more lurking and less posting lately. Mostly because when I do open a thread, much of what I would say has been said, so why post it again.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: the sleeper cab of my tractor trailer all over the 48
Send a message via Yahoo to jojapeach
I honestly believe that Facebook plays a role, too. It's quite addictive and a very good timewaster if you're bored at work. Also, maybe people have found jobs or have remained with companies that have downsized, so they're really too busy to come on GC. That honestly happened to me at my old job. I believe GCers will return again in the circle of "cyber"life.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to treblk
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojapeach View Post
I honestly believe that Facebook plays a role, too. It's quite addictive and a very good timewaster if you're bored at work. Also, maybe people have found jobs or have remained with companies that have downsized, so they're really too busy to come on GC. That honestly happened to me at my old job. I believe GCers will return again in the circle of "cyber"life.
I agree with this post

Please and thank you
Old 01-07-2010, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I try to post more often, but I keep getting logged out and it's REALLY frustrating to post responses to threads when most of the time is spent logging in over and over again within a matter of seconds.
"Having a nasty attitude won't yield you the results you want when you want them; it'll just make people steer clear of you and your toxicity in order to keep from being contaminated by you and your nastiness."- Me
Old 01-07-2010, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Good question, being that this forum is one of two most posted-on GLO specific forums at GC, both of which are experiencing a significant decline in posts and threads.

I have noticed several reasons for this:

- Established posters retiring GC to pursue other interests or life areas (marriage, family/children, careers, etc.). This also ties in with the fact that most of the established posters are much older now then when they first joined GC (7-10 years).

- Low turnover rate of GC posters (newbies replacing established posters who retired from GC). I have also noticed that newbies are more likely to lurk rather than post, my theory is that this is at least partially because the more saavy one may not want to risk being labeled as a troll/perp because they are new and doesn't want to risk asking a questionor making a comment that may be flagged as inappropriate.

- Message boards as a whole are being seen as antiquated compared to such social media as blogs, Facebook, and Twitter. With the new decade at hand, the younger would-be GCers are more likely going to think that message boards are "so Noughties" (read: "[20]00s").

- Frankly, the temperament of too many posters still here at GC has gotten to be so sensitive and "snarky", for most newbies to post something and have to weigh heir words very carefully to avoid being flamed, simply not worthwhile.

- For established posters, most of the meaningful topics that we all have had something to say about, already said.

(side note): Personally, I would like GC to have a feature that automatically locks or deletes threads that have been without a post after a certain period of time (6 months to a year would be reasonable). I have seen too many newbies get flamed for not doing a search on a previously discussed topic, then if they revive an old thread that has been discussed, get flamed for reviving an old topic. A feature that deletes old threads automatically will mitigate this double standard.

I don't know if this forum (or any other GLO specific forum) will get the same momentum it did in it's glory years (2001 - 2005), but I'm sure it will get its share of "random spurts" from GC alumni stopping by to visit, and those "GC Poster Returns threads" will make this forum's glory years all worthwhile.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAPital PHINUst View Post
- Frankly, the temperament of too many posters still here at GC has gotten to be so sensitive and "snarky", for most newbies to post something and have to weigh heir words very carefully to avoid being flamed, simply not worthwhile.

- For established posters, most of the meaningful topics that we all have had something to say about, already said.

(side note): Personally, I would like GC to have a feature that automatically locks or deletes threads that have been without a post after a certain period of time (6 months to a year would be reasonable). I have seen too many newbies get flamed for not doing a search on a previously discussed topic, then if they revive an old thread that has been discussed, get flamed for reviving an old topic. A feature that deletes old threads automatically will mitigate this double standard.

I don't know if this forum (or any other GLO specific forum) will get the same momentum it did in it's glory years (2001 - 2005), but I'm sure it will get its share of "random spurts" from GC alumni stopping by to visit, and those "GC Poster Returns threads" will make this forum's glory years all worthwhile.
I am starting to see what you mean..Sheesh
Old 01-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCLE View Post
I am starting to see what you mean..Sheesh
Yet you got smart and figured it out on your own, assuming you honestly came here for that.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^Can you enlighten me on why you think I came on here?