GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,209
0 members and 1,209 guests
No Members online

Old 09-24-2021, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
Haven't heard on two of my three recs, but #3 joined Gamma Phi Beta. Yay!!!!!!
I was going to ask if you'd heard about the ones we both did recs for. I didn't hear anything from either that I did recs for - Bama or UGA.
Old 09-24-2021, 07:20 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Me, neither. I thought GenerallyGreek would hear back on the Bama one, because she gave her a lot of advice along with submitting a Pi Phi rec, but she hasn't. I'm wondering if she dropped. I'm guessing the GA PNM joined, because she was a multi-generational legacy and was well-prepared.
Old 10-05-2021, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
That's awesome! I found out earlier this week that one of the twins my daughter used to babysit is going through recruitment at my alma mater so I fired off a rec but I don't know what the turn around time on those is so I also messaged the CA to let her know. She's a phenomenal candidate so I'm sure she'll be highly sought after.
She went Alpha Gam!
Old 10-06-2021, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

I must've written twelve recs this season, but this year has been a year of no response from PNMs after bid day-across the board and across the country. The only request I make of a PNM for whom a rec is written, is to let me know where they ended up. Zilch, nada, bupkis.

Of the ones I could find through my own sleuthing, I have a ZTA at Ok State, a ZTA at UGA, a KKG at Georgia (I contacted a GA KKG alum friend to give the chapter a heads up on this awesome KKG legacy), a Tri Delta at Bama, a UF DG, several FSU girls that I have no idea about and an Arkansas girl I have no idea about.
Old 10-06-2021, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
I must've written twelve recs this season, but this year has been a year of no response from PNMs after bid day-across the board and across the country. The only request I make of a PNM for whom a rec is written, is to let me know where they ended up. Zilch, nada, bupkis.

(snipped)
Usual state of affairs. I do have to give a shout out to a PNM who decided to drop before Pref. She was lovely enough to let me know that she plans to try either COB (if possible) or to go through recruitment again in the fall. She's a treasure, and I really hope that she gets the house of her choice on her second go around!