GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,310
1 members and 1,309 guests
Cookiez17

Old 01-06-2010, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOEforme View Post
They were started at UW! They have a big plaque in the entrance to the chemistry honoring them, which I think is cool. I like seeing a university honor a GLO.

They have a house here, too, where they offer free chemistry tutoring. (I took them up on this a lot prior to my MCAT.)
Wow! That is really cool! Hey, would you mind telling me about the MCAT? My boyfriend, the AXE member, is planning on taking the MCAT. He wants to do a graduate program in Science before going to medical school.

I also like to see when schools honor GLOs. I think there is something at the school where Phi Mu was founded honoring both Phi Mu and Alpha Delta Pi. Anyone care to verify that?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-06-2010, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
Wow! That is really cool! Hey, would you mind telling me about the MCAT? My boyfriend, the AXE member, is planning on taking the MCAT. He wants to do a graduate program in Science before going to medical school.

I also like to see when schools honor GLOs. I think there is something at the school where Phi Mu was founded honoring both Phi Mu and Alpha Delta Pi. Anyone care to verify that?
I've seen photos of a fountain at Georgia Wesleyan, which I think honors both of the Macon Magnolias. I can't seem to find a picture of it, though. Mabe somebody else will have better luck? Both Phi Mu and Alpha Delta Pi have rooms decorated in the 1800's style, too.

Adelphean Room:

Philomathean Room:

They're both in the Cannonball House:
Old 01-07-2010, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post

If you go through my facebook photos there is an album with ALL of the Macon bits and goodies!
Old 01-08-2010, 10:12 AM
GreekChat Member

There are also Multicultural sororities and fraternities, such as Chi Upsilon Sigma, Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority Inc., Sigma Lambda Beta International Fraternity Inc. Alpha Kappa Delta Phi Sorority, Pi Delta Psi Fraternity, Delta Sigma Iota Fraternity, Lambda Theta Phi, Lambda Sigma Upsilon. .... and the list goes on. There are so many GLO's out there that are not in the NPC. Some may be BGLO's or not....
Old 05-16-2011, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtownGirl98 View Post
From Kappa Beta Gamma's website...
"Currently, Kappa Beta Gamma is actively looking to increase its numbers to become Pan-Hellenic affiliated. The sorority is recruiting both inactive and new chapters to expand our sorority's ideals and provide more leadership opportunities for women."

This is the one of the reasons why I asked my question about "pan-hellenic" vs. "panhellenic" usage.
Yes, it sounds as if you're saying Kappa Beta Gamma was kicked out of the NPC. Kappa Beta Gamma never was NPC to begin with. I should know...
Old 05-16-2011, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aopirose View Post
Kappa Beta Gamma was an NPC member for several years but withdrew due to the loss of several chapters. They were founded originally as a sorority for Catholic women. At present, they are trying to grow the sorority in order to rejoin NPC.
Kappa Beta Gamma is strictly Christian based, not Catholic. I do not approve of this comment. Not only that but we were founded in 1917, not 16.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Those posts were over five years old....
Old 05-17-2011, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
Those posts were over five years old....
So, what, I can't comment? In fact, a lot of this information about KBG is inaccurate and not up to date.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaorin_Kanoe View Post
Kappa Beta Gamma is strictly Christian based, not Catholic. I do not approve of this comment. Not only that but we were founded in 1917, not 16.
Since your sorority only had chapters at Catholic-based colleges until 2002 (Lambda at Northern Michigan - your 11th chapter), you'll have to excuse those of us who believed that KBG was initially founded and based on Catholic principles. It is an easy mistake to make and one that several people shared.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 05-17-2011, 10:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootyKBG View Post
Ok, here is the Kappa Beta Gamma update/clarification.

We never were a part of NPC. We never had the chapter numbers when were were interested. By the time we had reached the 7 required chapters, the requirement changed to 14. I have not seen it, but our advisor used to have a copy of the 1977 Bairds manual, where underneath the listings of NPC sororities, Kappa Beta Gamma stands alone as the only non-NPC affiliated social sorority listed. I think that is why so many people thought we were NPC at one time.

We are not looking to become Panhellenic at this time. Aside from not having required numbers, there are other personal reasons why we have no interest. Apparently a decade ago or so, NPC had made an agreement with us that if we reached seven active chapters, they would assist us in expansion to reach the required 14 to gain NPC membership, however we currently don't have that relationship anymore, obviously.
Kaorin_Kanoe, please read the entire thread before commenting.

Also, no one gives a damn if you approve or don't approve.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaorin_Kanoe View Post
So, what, I can't comment? In fact, a lot of this information about KBG is inaccurate and not up to date.
Just to add, since a 5 year old thread has been revived--

BootyKBG, who made the comments you don't agree with, was on the National Board for KBG.

Just sayin'......