GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,324
1 members and 1,323 guests
acg233

Old 07-15-2002, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Ready...Set....Turn on MTV

Is everyone ready for the Sorority Life episode tonight?? Since it's started I've only managed to catch the reruns, so I'm feelin' pretty excited that I can watch it tonight (woohoo, yeah shows how much of a life i have tonight!)

So I'm taking a survey...if you scraped all the makeup off Jordan and Amanda...how many pounds would it equivalate?

*slaps hand* Bad Rebecca!

"It's a PHI SIG thing"

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners then cry with the saints...the sinners have much more fun"
Old 07-15-2002, 08:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

It's interesting enough...
Although I doubt I would watch it if I wasn't greek....
I hate the way the other pledges are ganging up against Jessica. Just because she arrived a week later doesn't mean shes a spy.. can we say parnoid
Old 07-15-2002, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ThielGirlie
... the aproximate weight of 3 average housecats.

Oh wait, that'd be their hair and HAIRSPRAY!

Speaking of makeup, did you see the 2nd episode when Candace was going to bed and didn't have any makeup on? Her face was ALL broken out. Hey, I know, it happens to us all... but now we know why all the makeup!

Yea, I'm pretty excited tonight just because I hope Candace and Jordan get busted! The drama between the pledges and actives is getting pretty heated... the actives have got to start whooping those girls into shape, or ship them out!

At least the actives and Jessica are giving a positive view of Greek life.

(Boy, I sound so shallow in this post! I guess the show does that to me... )
Old 07-15-2002, 09:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ThielGirlie
... the aproximate weight of 3 average housecats.

Oh wait, that'd be their hair and HAIRSPRAY!

I do my hair like Jordan does, which I have been doing for years. I too go through a can of hairspray in a week. There is no other way to do our type of hair without it being all nap-di-fied by noon!
Old 07-15-2002, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Yea, I can't say much, cause so did I! Not to mention my hair is so incredibly thick, and I had a perm on top of it... I went through a bottle of frizz ease and hairspray a week! When i had it all cut off my friend thought the pile of hair was the size of two house cats... lol. I guess I made that comment cause I know what it's like.

Anyways, 9 min to go, gotta turn on the show!
Old 07-15-2002, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OXAT1281
interesting rumor i saw on www.collegehumor.com anyone else hear about this:

"COLLEGEHUMOR NEWS FLASH! BIG SORORITY LIFE THINGS A'BREWIN!

Friends. I don't know about you guys, but MTV's Sorority Life show keeps getting better and better. Whoever says American Idol is the runaway hit of the summer either works for FOX or is retarded or both. As a very interesting side note, CollegeHumor has heard a very interesting rumor concerning the Sorority Life show. This rumor, which we believe to be pretty accurate, is that one of the pledges slept with the executive producer of the show. We won't say exactly which pledge it was, but if you're really interested, maybe you could ask the greatest basketball player to ever live if he knows (hint hint). Once again, let's be clear that this is a rumor, but we've got some pretty damn good sources. Developing..."
Old 07-15-2002, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Hey I have a question...
How many GLOs have pledges living in their house or in a pledge house?
Old 07-15-2002, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

My Sorority Life rant of the week

Ok, Jordan said the "girls don't want to get to know her, so why should she be a part of the organization?" Well, maybe if she and the pledge house girls would spend some time with the sisters instead of going out and getting drunk maybe they would respect her a little more!

Ok, I'm done for the evening...
Old 07-15-2002, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
At least in this episode they addressed issues with the girls, but they're still skirting around the problems. And that scene with the girls in the hot tub was pointless...woo hoo, girls in bikinis.
Old 07-15-2002, 11:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to MUPhiMuKHap
Angry

Ok, I am sorry, but this show gets worse every episode. Could MTV find ANYTHING to focus on besides the drinking? I know they do it excessively, but come on.....I'm sure the entire country now thinks ALL sorority girls get so piss drunk that they walk into sliding glass doors or fall in to the side of the house. I thought the stupid producer of this show was greek and wanted to show us in a "positive" light. HAHAHAHAHA, ok sorry.....I don't know how much more of this show I can take, it really sucks.... And just to add that I think Jordan is the fakest (that's not a word, is it?) person ever. She just needs to shut up and go wash off her nasty makeup....uggh, who ever told her that red eyeshadow looked good? Ok, I'm done venting for now, sorry!
Old 07-15-2002, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

I am looking at the show and its like... my pledge was nothing like that and it was pretty cool. I haven't seen the pledges do a single non-alcholic thing since the series begun... and the to pledges stubbling in drunk.. priceless...
Old 07-15-2002, 11:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to EagleChick19
Quote:
Originally posted by Kamikazee
I am looking at the show and its like... my pledge was nothing like that and it was pretty cool. I haven't seen the pledges do a single non-alcholic thing since the series begun... and the to pledges stubbling in drunk.. priceless...

I feel the same way!
Old 07-15-2002, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

To be honest, I kinda feel sorry for some of them. I mean, I feel like we're only getting to know the "party side" of some. And, I have to wonder, was that party scene with Mara getting sick REALLY during the Parent's BBQ? Or is it another "MTV" ploy? However, I TOTALLY agree about the whole hot tub thing...pluleasse!

Blaire

So proud to be a DELTA ZEE!

No matter the letter, greeks do it better!
Old 07-15-2002, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

So tonight was the first time I got to watch this "Sorority Life" show. I laughed my ass off...especially when Jordon goes slamming into the glass door and then all you see is a huge wet imprint. Priceless.
I dunno, this show does make sense from what I saw tonight...there's always an issue with the pledge class and wether or not a few will make it based on grades or behavior. I was never on executive board, but my closest friends were and I heard all about their problems and conflicts and the stress the pledge master goes through...etc.
Now I've gathered that all they show is the girl's getting drunk...common it's MTv...it's bound to happen. But from what I saw tonight it was pretty interesting...from an active (now alumn) point of view.

Hootie
Old 07-15-2002, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

Ok, this show stopped being about sorority life about 2 episodes ago. Now it's just a train wreck.

What is up with Jordan whining that no one likes her/wants to know her/are so mean to her-shut up!! It's not about you, stupid girl-it's about representing your organization in a positive way-not in a "back that ass up" sort of way. No one seems to get that concept. She and Candace need to move along-and get the hell off camera.

By the way-I have walked into glass doors twice-sober both times-it really hurts!!