GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,413
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, LarryByday
» Online Users: 586
2 members and 584 guests
davidsholzeo679, gatordeltapgh

Old 12-27-2011, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

A Lip Smackers Recruitment Story!

Hi! I’ve been dying to share my recruitment story for this entire semester… finally, winter break is here and I had a little bit of down time to type it all up ☺ So here we go!

I went through recruitment this past August at a big university where I went in not knowing anyone. I am an out-of-stater, and while there are quite a few at my university, I knew that I’d still stick out like a sore thumb. I wanted to go somewhere very far away from home where I could kind of start fresh. I’ve always wanted to join a sorority (my grandmother was in one, as well as close family friends) and it became clear to me that joining a chapter would be very beneficial in helping me meet new people and make connections at a school so far from home.

Throughout my senior year and summer before moving to college, I spent hours online researching the Panhel sororities at my school. I read everything I could about them on their websites, their blogs, and I have to admit – I read a lot on Greek Rank (which I quickly realized is not an accurate representation of chapters, whatsoever!) and Greek Chat, of course! I felt like I went into rush with a pretty open mind, despite my research. I didn’t pick and choose chapters that I liked before coming in. However, I felt knowledgeable about every chapter when I went through rush, which made my decisions a bit easier when it came to preffing every night.

My school has 14 sororities and I have decided to code them with Lip Smackers names (hehe).

STRAWBERRY
WATERMELON
PINK LEMONADE
RED RASPBERRY
COTTON CANDY
BUBBLE GUM
STRAWBERRY BANANA
VANILLA
DR PEPPER
7UP
ORANGE CRUSH
A&W
PEPPERMINT
PINA COLADA

Move-in day came and went… my parents helped me settle in and then jetted back home. Luckily, the two girls next door to me were going through recruitment, so we got registered together, picked up our tee shirts and name tags, and met our Pi Chis. That night, there was a meeting with all 1,600+ PNMS. Seeing so many girls in one room was really intimidating, but I assured myself that I would find my place. I was so excited and nervous at the same time, I just couldn’t wait for the first Open House day to begin!

DAY 1:
The first day was a blur. I wasn’t used to the humidity…. I wore comfy jean shorts and the provided recruitment shirt, plus cute sandals, my lucky necklace, and bracelet my mom had given me. I wore the same accessories throughout the week because both are extremely special to me and I thought that if worst came to worst, I could always talk about my jewelry!

In the morning, I couldn’t eat anything because I was so excited. We had a meeting with our Pi Chis, who were hilarious. I loved their support and how excited they were for all of us, as well. They gave us the low-down. We’d be seeing 8 sororities today, and 6 the following. The last three days following the 2 open house days were Sisterhood day, Philanthropy day, and finally, Pref Day, followed by Bid Day.

We walked to Greek Town and began lining up at the first house of the day: 7UP. I was really anxious to go in, not only because it was my first house of recruitment, but because my Grandmother had been a 7Up. Although she passed away seven years ago, my mom still has my grandmother’s pin and some old sorority gear from the 1950s (can you even imagine?!). I had one recommendation for 7Up, and already I felt a special connection with it, just staring at the beautiful, gigantic house. I’d heard that 7Up was full of really cute girls who were involved and fun to be around…. Nothing but good things!

I made small talk with the girls in line next to me (whom I still am friends with today!) and learned that I wasn’t the only nervous one. Our PiChis told us to be quiet because the horn was about to blow.

And then it did.

The doors and windows swung open and girls were chanting at us. I couldn’t help but giggle and smile. It was an overwhelming feeling, but I knew right then that I was cut out to be in a sorority, because I could see myself chanting just a year from now, as a full-fledged member.

The girls of 7Up strutted out of the house as the chanting continued and I couldn’t help but stare. They were all so put-together and happy looking. I was paired with a cute, bubbly girl who automatically made me feel so at ease. We engaged in a great conversation, and talked all about my hometown (a very large city) and things that I thought would make her remember me. Another girl came up to me mid-conversation and we chatted about being a freshman, and she told me about her experience and what to expect. Another girl chimed in and we talked about my major and again, my hometown.

I left 7Up with a huge grin on my face. In my little booklet, I wrote down “I <3 7Up!” and recorded what the girls had been wearing and what kind of conversation I’d had with them. I had a good feeling about 7Up, but I knew that I’d have to check out all other 13 houses before I could make any decisions.

Next was Watermelon. I knew Watermelon was good at competitions and was highly regarded. The girl next to me in line was a double legacy at Watermelon, and she was so nervous. We calmed each other down, and as the horn blew, the same chanting procedure began again. This time, it wasn’t as exciting, and my nerves had worn off a little bit.

I wrote in my booklet after going to Watermelon, “Pretty good.” All I remember was that the room I was in was so loud, I could barely hear the girls talk to me. I talked to three girls, just like at 7Up, but I didn’t enjoy my conversations as much. One girl I talked to had just transferred from a different school/chapter of Watermelon, and didn’t know anything about this chapter’s sisterhood! I didn’t feel the connection I had with 7Up, but I knew I had to keep an open mind.

After Watermelon came Red Raspberry. I knew this was another stellar chapter that did well in competitions and also, took a lot of out of state girls (aka girls like me). Again, the house was super loud inside, but I liked how fun the atmosphere was. The president even came in and introduced herself and welcomed all the PNMs, something that I thought was very special. The girls I talked to were all very nice and we talked a lot about my interests and what I did in high school. I liked Red Raspberry a lot, and wrote down afterward “I like their spunk and peppiness.”

The next chapter I went to was Bubble Gum. This one scared me a bit, because I had heard the girls were all drop dead gorgeous (and they had the nicest looking house!) I was pleasantly surprised to see that all the girls were very pretty (I’m talking beauty queen status), but they didn’t all look identical! I talked to three girls as I had with every other chapter, and they were all nice, but it all felt a little superficial to me. I really liked their philanthropy and connected with it on a very personal level, because someone in my family is effected by what their philanthropy works on combatting. I mentioned this to one of the girls, because I was really moved by the cause.

I wrote in my booklet “Great Philanthropy.” I liked the house more than I thought I would, but I wasn’t sure if I was beautiful enough to be invited back, or if it was the right place for me in general. (I know that itself sounds superficial, but that’s just how I felt!)

Next up was Pink Lemonade. I loved their website when I had looked at it, but I knew very little about the sorority itself. However, when the doors opened and the girls came out, I felt at home. The girls were all so happy to see us and I noted that they had really cute outfits and accessories on. All three girls I talked to were so sweet and kind, and I felt extremely welcomed. All the girls were interested in learning about me as well as telling me about their sisterhood, rather than just talking about how cute my bracelet was or what kind of brands I liked. I wanted to be invited back really badly, because I felt a real connection at Pink Lemonade.

After Pink Lemonade came Orange Crush. I had heard some very positive things about Orange Crush regarding their sisterhood, but I knew that it wasn’t as highly regarded as other chapters. Despite the things I’d heard from other PNMS and online, I went in with an open mind. The girls were all so nice to me and very genuine. However, the first girl I talked to was extremely awkward and I couldn’t get over how hard it was to get through our conversation. The second one was very enthusiastic and had so much to say, so I was glad that our convo made up for the first one I’d had. I noted how nice and new their house was, and decided that I didn’t have anything against this house like some girls did!

Pina Colada was up next. This is the house I will never forget for all the wrong reasons! The girls were all very presentable but I just knew I wasn’t supposed to be in Pina Colada….the girl that rushed me first was a complete air-head. She asked me the most ridiculous questions that made her sound extremely uneducated, and I almost felt like laughing because after a day of stellar girls rushing me, this girl was a joke. The girl that took her place mid-social was no better… our conversation ended on a very awkward note and I told myself that I just couldn’t bear to be invited back. Surprisingly, a lot of girls LOVED this chapter, which made me feel like I might’ve just been rushed by the wrong girls.

The last chapter of the day was Dr. Pepper. I knew this was a top chapter at my school, if not THE top chapter. This is what I texted to my mom after visiting the house:

“Everyone at Dr. Pepper was insanely gorgeous, and I had greatly convos. I’m scared I talked too much about myself and not enough about their sorority, though. They were so classy, mom!!!”

A really close family friend of ours was a Dr. Pepper, and she had written me a rec that she claimed was “stellar,” but she wouldn’t let me see it until after recruitment. My entire senior year, she had pushed Dr. Pepper onto me, and I seriously thought that maybe I’d end up in that chapter. After the first day, I already knew these girls meant business. I really liked the chapter and wanted to see how far I could get with it. I knew they known to be very selective, so part of me just wanted to see how far I could get… but I also wanted to get to know the girls better. Maybe this could be my future home!

After the day was over, I chatted with my hallmates about which houses we loved and loathed. I was OBSESSED with recruitment even after such a hot, long and tiring day. I could barely go to sleep that night, dreaming about what letters I’d be wearing come Bid Day!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-27-2011, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Very fun! more please!
Old 12-27-2011, 01:21 AM
GreekChat Member

DAY 2:

The second open house day was an extremely rainy day. I was in shorts and sandals and everyone was in a miserable mood (luckily, I had packed my umbrella, unlike some girls who hadn’t even brought one to college!) By the time we had reached our first house and lined up outside, we were all soaking wet. I silently thanked the Lord that I hadn’t done up my hair or anything! I wore a cute bow in my hair that day that matched our tee shirts, and I felt confident despite the downpour that had soaked us head to toe.

The first house we went to was Peppermint. I hadn’t heard the best things about this sorority, but I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. All I can say was, it wasn’t just the pouring rain that made this experience really terrible. The girl that brought me in was awkward and really hard to talk to, and she kept pausing and then saying, “Hmm… what should I ask you about?” She asked me how I would describe myself in one word, and we talked about pets and things that really didn’t matter to me. The worst part? She didn’t switch out with another girl, so I had to talk to her for the entire length of the party! I felt awful but I really just wanted to get out of there. I was as polite as possible, however, because I knew that even if you didn’t care for a house, it was better to be nice than to brush them off.

I left Peppermint hoping that the day would get better… and headed off to Cotton Candy, where I had one recommendation. I was surprised how much I liked this house, because originally I thought I wouldn’t have fit in with the girls of this chapter. Everyone was darling and my conversations went so smoothly. Despite the rain, they were so cheerful and really well organized during their walkout, instead of jumbling up all the umbrellas and getting everyone wet like Peppermint had. I thought their house was unbelievable. I hoped to be invited back the next day!

The next house was Strawberry. I had done a lot of research and I thought that I might fit in really well here. I had a strong rec for Strawberry and immediately when I went into the house, I felt like I was being watched by everyone as I came in the door. Maybe that was just me being paranoid, but everyone kept staring at my nametag, and it made me a little uncomfortable. I didn’t really like the inside of their house, but I kept an open mind. The girls that rushed me were nice, but I didn’t feel the connection I was hoping to feel. It was disappointing, but I didn’t think it was bad enough to cross them off the list.

After a lunch break, my Pi Chi group trotted off to Strawberry Banana. I thought that their house was very pretty and I absolutely adored their colors. I talked to only one girl, but she was so funny and I got a great vibe from her. The girls seemed to live and breathe their chapter, and I felt like the girl who rushed me really cared about what I had to say. After visiting the house, I shot my mom a text, “I’m OBSESSEDDDD with Strawberry Banana! It’s an amazing house inside – super pretty. The girl I talked to was so nice, I love their philanthropy, and our convo was great! I love their symbol and their songs and chants! I will keep my fingers crossed!”

Vanilla was the next stop…. Second to last house of the day! I didn’t know much about this chapter, but what I loved was how different all the girls were from each other. Their actual house was smaller than the others in Greek Town, and hadn’t been renovated recently. But everyone was very friendly, sweet and interested in learning more about me. I talked to three girls (one from my state!) and I left in a good mood!

The last house of the day was A&W. I heard how classy these girls were, and their recruitment definitely showed that, too! I got a very good impression from this house. I only talked to one or two girls but I enjoyed our conversations and felt like I could see myself as a part of their sisterhood! The girls were mature and put-together and I think the pride they had in their chapter shined through!

After A&W, I lined up to pref the houses…. All we had to do was put three in the bottom and rank them, 1-3 (3 being the one we wanted to drop most). It didn’t take me long to make my list… I knew I didn’t enjoy my time in Peppermint and Pina Colada… and I put Orange Crush at the top of my list because I was indifferent.

My bottom three were:
1. Orange Crush
2. Pina Colada
3. Peppermint
Old 12-27-2011, 01:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Dr. Pepper, Bubblegum and Red Raspberry are my favorites!

Last edited by violetpretty; 12-27-2011 at 01:36 AM.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

I Love Recruitment Stories - More Please

Old 12-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

you are a good writer. i am looking forward to reading more.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

DAY 3:

Sisterhood Day was here! I put on a cute sundress and sandals, got gussied up (curls and all) and headed out the door for what I hoped to be a full day!

We all received our schedules in our Pi Chi meeting. Everyone was SO nervous. Our Pi Chis had warned us that there was the possibility that we could only be invited back to one or two houses… some girls had already been cut from recruitment because no one had asked them back! I was scared, let me tell you!

Luckily, I received my schedule and sighed with relief: this is what I saw:

Vanilla
Orange Crush
A&W
Strawberry
Dr. Pepper
7Up
Cotton Candy
Pink Lemonade
Strawberry Banana
Watermelon
Red Raspberry

I felt so blessed to have a full schedule! I had been dropped by Bubble Gum (therefore Orange Crush was still on my list), but I wasn’t bummed at all! It’d be a busy day with a full schedule, but I was SOOOO ready for it!

Vanilla was up first. Their skit had an adorable theme and it made me smile because it was a little cheesy but it tied in with their sisterhood. I realized Vanilla’s color was my favorite color (something I hadn’t realized the first day) . The girls I talked to were great and made me feel at home. I left with a good feeling about this house.

Orange Crush was next. The girl who came and got me was so excited to have me back, even though I’d never met her! Their skit was well rehearsed and overall, I had a good time with them. I still didn’t think it was the perfect fit for me, though.

A&W’s skit was incredible. Girls sang and it made some people cry. It had funny parts and sweet parts and I was astounded. Vanilla and Orange Crush’s skits were not NEARLY as good as this one! I like A&W more and more and really hoped to be invited back to the next round.

I went to Strawberry after A&W, and their skit was funny but I still didn’t feel like I belonged there. I continued to feel like I was being watched by the alumnae volunteering and it creeped me out a little bit! I swear I saw a lady point at me and whisper into the house mom’s ear. Nothing was bad about the house, I just didn’t feel especially moved by anything I’d heard from the girls rushing me.

Dr. Pepper was incredible… again. The girls were extremely polished like they had been on open house day, and their skit was like a Broadway production. Everything was so perfect, I couldn’t fathom how they pulled everything off with such grace! I wanted to keep them on my list because I knew their chapter was a special one.

I was so excited to go to 7UP again… and I loved it just the same! Not only did going there remind me of my grandmother, but I thought their skit was very creative, the improv was incredible, and the girls were all hysterical. Boy, they put on such a great rush and I really loved my time there! Unfortunately, the skit was so long that I felt I didn’t get to talk as much as I wished I could have. I had such a good feeling about 7Up. I just felt like that’s where I could be!

But then of course, I had Cotton Candy and they surprised me yet again! Their skit was great and the girls were easy to get along with and very carefree. I felt so happy at all of the chapters, I wasn’t sure how I’d ever make a decision!

Next up was Pink Lemonade, which I had loved on Open House day. They had a good skit and great dancing, and they were so hospitable. I really enjoyed going back to Pink Lemonade, and I had a feeling that I’d be returning to this house….

At Strawberry Banana, I fell in love all over again! I had loved it so much the day before, and the girl I talked to had the same name as me. We had a blast chatting and I felt so comfortable. Their house was so “Me” and I wanted with all my heart to get asked back so that I could learn more about their philanthropy, which I thought was really interesting… no one else had one like it!

Back at Watermelon, I still didn’t feel the vibe… their skit was funny but I didn’t understand the TV references they kept making. I wanted to like this house SO bad because so many other girls did, and I knew the chapter was excellent and respected on campus, but I just wasn’t feeling like it was where I belonged…

Lastly, Red Raspberry was a HOOT! The skit was actually super raunchy and I was a little taken aback by it… but I laughed harder than I had all day. My conversation was good at this house, but I felt like I didn’t get to chat long enough. Nevertheless, it was a good way to end a long and crazy afternoon.
I had a lot of thinking to do waiting in line to pref. I had so many houses I absolutely loved. I again only had to rank a bottom 4 in order, but I decided to make my list of who I liked best… It went like this:

TOP 7:
Strawberry Banana
7Up
Red Raspberry
Pink Lemonade
Cotton Candy
A&W
Vanilla

BOTTOM 4:
Dr. Pepper
Watermelon
Strawberry
Orange Crush

I reasoned with myself in this way: I told myself to be honest. I probably wouldn’t be asked back to all of my favorite 7. So what I did is I put my absolute favorites in the safe list (Strawberry Banana, 7Up, Red Raspberry, Pink Lemonade, Cotton Candy, A&W) and then padded the last spot with Vanilla. I liked Vanilla and something stuck out to me about it. I didn’t want to risk losing it in the bottom 4, so I kept it in my top.

Dr. Pepper was in my bottom because I had a feeling that I wouldn’t be asked back… the girls were so polished and I just felt like as amazing their chapter was, I probably wasn’t supposed to be in Dr. Pepper… it was a little sad for me to realize that, especially since our family friend had been rooting for Dr. Pepper all along!

I preffed my bottom 4, and prayed for the best!

Last edited by sparklesxx; 12-27-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Can't wait to see what happens next!

ΑΓΔ
Old 12-27-2011, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

More, more, more
How do you like it?, how do you like it?
More, more, More
Old 12-27-2011, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

this is a great story!! we want more!
Old 12-27-2011, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

DAY 4:

Day four arrived and wow – this week was going so fast! I was getting more and more anxious each night to receive my schedule. I knew that a lot of girls would be dropping out of recruitment, or would be cut from all the houses, and I was secretly nervous that I’d get my schedule and there’d only be one house on it. It was all so nerve-wracking!

In our Pi Chi meeting, the tone was a bit more serious. It was coming down to the wire. There were fewer girls in the group then there had been at the beginning of the week. As my Pi Chi called my name and handed me my schedule, my hands were clammy and I felt a little shaky. I looked down at the little piece of paper, and this is what I saw:

Watermelon
Orange Crush
Dr. Pepper
Strawberry
Pink Lemonade
Vanilla
Cotton Candy

I wanted to cry at first glance. Where was Strawberry Banana, the house I had loved so much all week long? Where was 7Up, where I was a legacy and had really felt the connection? How about A&W, and Red Raspberry – houses I’d had a great time at and felt at home with?

I was taken by surprise. Why didn’t they like me enough to keep me? It was a bit of a blow to my confidence – until I counted and realized that I had seven sororities on my list – the maximum for the day. I knew girls who only had one or two left! I was SO BLESSED and I didn’t even know it!

Dr. Pepper, a house that was so incredible in every way, that I had tried to cut, had asked me back! And Cotton Candy, filled with girls who were prettier and skinnier and probably a lot smarter than I am, had wanted to see me again! Obviously, all these houses on my list had seen something in me! I put myself in a better mood and set off on the right foot.

At Watermelon, I tried with all my might to enjoy myself. The house tour was fine, and the girls spoke highly of their philanthropy. I still didn’t love it, though, and left feeling kind of “blah.” A girl who stood next to me outside the house as we were lining up started crying on my shoulder, after telling me she’d been dropped from Cotton Candy, where her mom had served as President years before. I felt guilty because I had been asked back there (of course, I didn’t tell her that!) but I assured her that she’d find her place. Today, I realized, a lot of hearts were being broken.

At Orange Crush, I walked in and knew I wasn’t supposed to be there. The girls were trying really hard, and I was as polite as possible. Their house was amazing, but it didn’t feel like home. The philanthropy was a good cause, but it didn’t impact me and I had no connection to it. The dues were also more expensive than I had money for (I’m paying for the dues myself) and I just had a feeling it wouldn’t be the house for me.

I started to feel a little worried at this point, because I wasn’t connecting with any houses on such an important day.

At Dr. Pepper, it was like a huge show! Their house tour was so put together and rehearsed, like no one else’s I had seen! The philanthropy was different, and I liked how they had a girl share her personal story about it. But when I was looking around, I couldn’t see myself putting on this show. My life has never been about making everything perfect. I do things well, with love and a lot of effort, but I realized right then and there I wasn’t as intense as most of the Dr. Peppers were.

Back at Strawberry, I was feeling a little disgruntled. I still got stares from the alumnae, and one actually followed me around the house I took my tour, and kept craning her neck to read my nametag! It was so obvious that she had recognized me from my recommendation. I didn’t really connect with the philanthropy, and I didn’t like the house as much as some of the others. I knew how great of a chapter Strawberry was, but I couldn’t picture myself in it, as hard as I tried. It’s funny, because before recruitment, I totally saw myself as a Strawberry!

At Pink Lemonade, I felt super happy to be back. The girl who brought me in was so precious. We hit it off immediately, and I felt a great connection to her. The philanthropy didn’t seem to be as important and hard-hitting as some of the houses had made theirs seem, but I still really loved the vibe at this house. As I took my house tour, a friend of mine whispered in my ear, “I HATE THIS HOUSE.” It made me feel a little depressed, because I liked it so much. But as these two tiny little cheerleader-like girls were giving us a tour of the upstairs, I realized that I didn’t see myself fitting in looks-wise with Pink Lemonade. I’m not huge, but I’m taller and bigger than most of the girls in the house. I hate to say it, but I felt a little awkward surrounded by girls who were so much smaller than I was.
Despite my self-confidence issue, I loved Pink Lemonade, though, and knew that I’d definitely be preffing them tonight.

On my way over to Vanilla, I was stopped by a friend from my Pi Chi group. She asked me how my day was going. I told her I’d been cut from my absolute favorites, but I was headed over to Vanilla right now. She took my hand and said, “You are going to absolutely LOVE Vanilla’s philanthropy!” I stared at her quizzically. She explained what it was all about, and said, “It’s so YOU!” I looked at her, smiled, gave her a big hug, and ran down the street to Vanilla.

I was excited before I even got inside the house. A girl who I hadn’t met yet that week took me in and sat me down to watch a video on the philanthropy. I noted how pretty the house was decorated and how happy the girls were to have us in their home. I watched the video, and was so moved by the message that I started to cry. Some other girls had tears in their eyes, but I was straight out crying -- big, fat tears. The girl from Vanilla looked at me and was like, “Omigod! Are you okay?” She handed me tissues and I told her how much I loved what Vanilla stood for, because it truly hit home with me. She made me feel better by sharing some funny things about Vanilla and giving me the house tour, which was different from all the ones I’d been to. She was so enthusiastic about Vanilla and seemed to love it so much. She had so much to say, and I was so willing to listen. As I looked around, I realized that Vanilla had been a house I had liked all week long… but something inside of me told me that this was it. Vanilla was “the one.”

Throughout the week, my Pi Chis had talked about “getting that feeling” that a certain house is the one for you. And although the houses I loved earlier on I had gotten cut from had been amazing, I didn’t have the same feeling at those houses that I had at Vanilla. At Vanilla, I felt comfortable. I felt comforted and loved. I felt like they wanted me there, and it wasn’t just a big show for recruitment. These girls were real and true and down to earth and different.

I walked outside (the last PNM to get out the door!) with the girl from Vanilla and I didn’t want to leave. I thanked her and ran across the street, with only Cotton Candy left to visit. But before I lined up, I leaned against a car on the side of the road and called my home phone. No answer. My mom’s cell phone. No answer. My dad. He answered.

I started bawling. He started freaking out, asking what was wrong. I said, “Dad, there’s nothing wrong. I’m just so happy. I found the house. Vanilla is where I need to be!”

My friend who I had run into earlier spotted me and asked me if I was okay. Wiping tears off my cheeks, I said, “YES! I’m crying because I’m happy. This is a good cry!”

I checked my watch. Three minutes to get to Cotton Candy! I had to pull myself together. I knew I had made my decision. Vanilla was the one. But I still had to go through with the rest of the day.

Cotton Candy was spectacular. They had such a strong philanthropy, and the girl that rushed me was laidback and easy to talk to. She made sure all my questions about the chapter were answered. The house was ridiculously nice. I felt like I was in a dreamland. But just as I had felt at Pink Lemonade, I didn’t feel like I fit in with the girls. I was cut from a different stone, or something… I’d be happy there, but I didn’t get “that feeling” as I’d had at Vanilla.

The preference line was SO long. Girls were consulting with Pi Chis. I liked overhearing what other girls were preffing. Some sounded sad. Some were so happy. I just knew.

Top 3:
Vanilla
Pink Lemonade
Dr. Pepper

Bottom 4:
Watermelon
Cotton Candy
Strawberry
Orange Crush

I put Dr. Pepper in my top because I was slightly curious. At this point, I wasn’t afraid that I wouldn’t get a bid from Vanilla. I knew it was meant to be. But I really wanted to see if I’d be invited back once more…

I still don’t know why I preffed Watermelon over Cotton Candy. I really didn’t care for Watermelon all week, despite its excellence reputation. I think it was because I fit in looks-wise with Watermelon. At Cotton Candy, I would stick out in a crowd. I wish I had switched those two… you’ll see why soon!
Old 12-28-2011, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

wahhh....where is the ending?! I'm so enjoying this. Don't leave me hanging!
Old 12-28-2011, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

More, please! Your attitude is incredible, and I totally relate the feelings about being cut - when I went through, I was cut by my favorite after the first day and was completely crushed. I am absolutely in my home now, but at the time it was so heartbreaking!
Old 12-28-2011, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Haven't enjoyed a recruitment story in a while, but I like this one

Looking forward to the next installment!
Old 12-28-2011, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

LOVE LOVE LOVE this story!!