GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,460
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, anthonshtolze75
» Online Users: 2,463
2 members and 2,461 guests
Cookiez17

Old 08-10-2014, 02:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Could they keep the same number of rush groups, but increase the number of Counselors per group? I know of one school with large rush groups (for the same logistics you mention) but there are 4 counselors per group.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-10-2014, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

The number of parties would not have to be increased because the size of the rush groups decreased. The number of PNMs did not change. The same # of PNMs could attend the parties as before, but instead of being in an 85 PNM rush group, there could be 4 smaller groups. So if at present two 85 person rush groups are attending the same party together, with the smaller groups 170 PNMs would still be attending parties together, but in 8 (or whatever #) smaller groups. The smaller groups shouldn't affect the sororities because they are going to see X(or near X) amount of PNMs for each party. But it is six of one or one half dozen of the other.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
The number of parties would not have to be increased because the size of the rush groups decreased. The number of PNMs did not change. The same # of PNMs could attend the parties as before, but instead of being in an 85 PNM rush group, there could be 4 smaller groups. So if at present two 85 person rush groups are attending the same party together, with the smaller groups 170 PNMs would still be attending parties together, but in 8 (or whatever #) smaller groups. The smaller groups shouldn't affect the sororities because they are going to see X(or near X) amount of PNMs for each party. But it is six of one or one half dozen of the other.

Sorry - misread your original question. AA was just assuming 2 per group. I have no clue how many Recruitment Counselors there are so they may have 6 per group. They all move around after today because of invitationals anyway.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

My Alabama PNM is complaining about the heat, the rain and the cattiness of the other PNMs. I'm not sure where she thought she was going to school. She is going to have a long week....
Old 08-10-2014, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Hmmm...they just don't think we know what we're talking about...said by she who gets a Keratin express hair straightening treatment from March to October because of the FREAKING humidity in Alabama.....
Old 08-10-2014, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ I just googled that treatment- my ridiculously thin, fine hair just died a little looking at it.
Also, alum neeeeeever know what they are talking about, right??
Old 08-10-2014, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I have very thick, wavy hair...not good for this weather unless you want the au naturale look...which I normally don't. I'm only 5'2" and all this hair is a bit much!
Old 08-10-2014, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry for the sidetrack, but do people have the treatment done continuously throughout the year?
Old 08-10-2014, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
I wonder why Bama doesn't have more Recruitment Counselors, thus more rush groups that are smaller?
I'm pretty sure there are more counselors per group than 2, I just don't know for sure. I'll see if I can ask somebody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
The more groups, the more parties, the more hours/days it takes to accomplish all this. In other words, logistics.
This is spot-on. The chapters just finished 26 open house parties over 2 days. I really don't think they want to do more.

Old 08-10-2014, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I think that what FSUZeta is saying is that it wouldn't be more parties it would just be (smaller) multiple groups going to parties. Like I said my rush was much smaller and there were only 10ish girls in my pi chi group but there weren't only 10 girls going to a party. There were several groups in each party.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffins&Quills View Post
I think that what FSUZeta is saying is that it wouldn't be more parties it would just be (smaller) multiple groups going to parties. Like I said my rush was much smaller and there were only 10ish girls in my pi chi group but there weren't only 10 girls going to a party. There were several groups in each party.
Exactly!
Old 08-10-2014, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdInCanada11 View Post
Sorry for the sidetrack, but do people have the treatment done continuously throughout the year?
This paticular treatment only last 8-12 weeks depending on how often you shampoo. You also have to use a sulfate free shampoo or it breaks down the keratin and it doesn't last as long. My sister, who has longer hair and lives in NOLA, does it year round. I'm having it done again on the 19th and won't do it again till March or so...
Old 08-11-2014, 08:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Found this picture on Instagram which suggest 4 Recruitment Counselors per group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Sorry - misread your original question. AA was just assuming 2 per group. I have no clue how many Recruitment Counselors there are so they may have 6 per group. They all move around after today because of invitationals anyway.

ΑΓΔ
Old 08-11-2014, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

My New York PNMS invited back to 12 and 8 respectively for Philanthropy Round.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Update from my rec girl: 9 invitations, including her 2 early favorites. She's having a great time, although the rain is playing havoc with her hair.