GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,431
0 members and 1,431 guests
No Members online

Old 07-14-2004, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

What could you spend $800 on? From my experience and from talking to others spending $300 is a lot on a rushee. Especially when rush budgets are 7500 or less.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ProGreek
What could you spend $800 on? From my experience and from talking to others spending $300 is a lot on a rushee. Especially when rush budgets are 7500 or less.
Well this chapter has a larger recruitment budget than most of the other houses, and the $800 included all the times they took him out to eat (often with 4 or 5 members of the chapter), all the rounds of golf, bowling, and other such outings, and probably all the gas spent to drive out to talk to the guy in person. I'm sure that not all $800 was directly spent on him. I guess a better way of saying it was that $800 was spent on the effort to rush him.

In other news, we've had three more guys sign in the past couple of days, so we're up to 17 pledges, with 9 bid cards out, and recruitment applications still trickling in. Think it is likely that one more kid will get a bid card, but after Saturday, rush is really going to start slowing down.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

congrats...another successful summer.
sounds like you'll hit the 20s. go betas.
Old 07-24-2004, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Are any of your Kansas new members from Wichita or are they mostly from the Kansas City area??? My hometown is Wichita although I now live in CA ... like to hear of my fellow Kansan's doing well in recruitment ... AND I dated a Beta in college.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Unfortunetly the one Wichita East grad did not sign with us. Another guy from Leavenworth also joined a chapter.

Of the two KS guys we signed, one is from Hutchinson, the other from Shawnee Mission. As for active members from Kansas, there is myself, a guy a year older than me, both from the KC suburbs, and one guy (actually a rush chair this year) from Concordia.
Old 07-25-2004, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm a grad of Wichita HS East ... too bad you didn't get him ...
Old 08-04-2004, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Any updates? Final numbers etc.?

And perhaps when you have a moment, maybe an overall recap of UNL's fraternity rush as well.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

congrats!! your house is doing great! i hope you make your goal number.
Old 08-07-2004, 01:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Update coming tommorrow afternoon/evening after I finish my practice MCAT exam.
Old 08-08-2004, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay,

Well, Rush really slowed down after our last event. The lack of BBQ's on thursdays has meant that most of the finishing up has been left to the rush chairs at their discretion.

The best news is that in the middle of last week, our #1 target rushee for the summer signed with us! This kid was the first guy we decided to give a card to at the beginning of the summer. I had this to say about him then:

Quote:
Originally posted by Betarulz! on 5-14-2004

He's in the honors program for comp. sci and management, ACT score of 33, is valedictorian of his HS, state wrestler qualifier, baseball player, and friends with one of my pledge brothers. He was in town and at the house for a weekend during the semester and actually played in Tri-Delts Batters Up softball tournament for us, so he knows a bunch of guys already.
So we finally got him. I guess one of our rush chairs from last year (one of my pledge brothers) called him on Tuesday night and just talked to him for 2 hours about his decision and got him to really look at what each house had to offer. He was a legacy in his other choice, and one of his best friends signed there, bt in the end both those factors ended up working in our favor, as he didn't necessarily want to be in the same house as someone he knew, and this other chapter wasn't the same as the way his dad described it when he was there.

He brought our current numbers up to 21 guys signed, 6 will live out(). We have one, maybe two more lincoln kids who might sign. I'd like to get them for the numbers, but at the same time, we already have 8 guys from Lincoln so I'm kinda leary of that. It just seems excessive from one city, but at least they aren't all from the same HS like last year. But at least that is balanced by the 6 guys from out of state- 2 from SD, 2 from KS, 1 from MO, and 1 from AZ.

On Friday we have our annual pledge party, where the guys will get a chance to have some fun together, meet all the older guys if they haven't, and finish up the work of figuring out who's bringing what up for their rooms. I'll go for a little while but probably be home pretty early so I can sleep for the MCAT the next day.

I'll try to post some sort of end of summer numbers for each house, but I'm not sure how or when I'll get to it.
Old 08-08-2004, 02:56 PM
GreekChat Member

way to go betarulz.....
way to go
21 and more to go.
congrats to all involved.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to D_Chi_Zinni
I am seriously impressed by your results, but I also Understand that you are attending a much larger school.

I currently have a large number of interested pledges for my chapter, and have been in contact with them. The only problem is that our school doesnt allow summer recruitment, which has made me mad on numerous occasions.

From the sounds of it though, it looks liek you guys are set up to have a great year, I dont even think people with applications like that sign up to attend our school. lol
Old 08-09-2004, 04:35 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Betarulz!

The best news is that in the middle of last week, our #1 target rushee for the summer signed with us! This kid was the first guy we decided to give a card to at the beginning of the summer.
Good Job, dude.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 08-15-2004, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I am also seriously impressed by your results but do not like the comment you made below....

Quote:
Originally posted by Betarulz!
We have one, maybe two more lincoln kids who might sign. I'd like to get them for the numbers, but at the same time, we already have 8 guys from Lincoln so I'm kinda leary of that.
I know you believe strongly in brotherhood, but a "for the numbers" comment came back to bite me in the ass in our sisterhood one year.