GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,143
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, liscahvs8263
» Online Users: 1,041
0 members and 1,041 guests
No Members online

Old 02-13-2005, 06:52 PM
GreekChat Member

NPC Badge Day - March 7, 2005

Don't forget to mark your calendars!

.....Kelly

-----------------------------------

For Immediate Release
NPC Office Indianapolis

NATIONAL PANHELLENIC CONFERENCE MEMBERS
CELEBRATE INTERNATIONAL BADGE DAY 2005

Indianapolis -- The 26 member organizations of the National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) will celebrate International Badge Day March 7, 2005. During the annual event, sorority women everywhere honor their Greek affiliations by wearing their badge or letters. The theme this year is “Remember Your Pledge of Loyalty … Wear Your Badge With Pride.” International Badge Day is co-sponsored by Burr, Patterson & Auld Co. Inc.

Celebrating 103 years of excellence, partnership and Panhellenic spirit, NPC looks forward to the future because of the continuing collaborative and dedicated efforts of its 26 groups. International Badge Day honors this spirit and celebrates the pledge of loyalty each member has taken. NPC believes that membership in a fraternity or sorority is a social experience based on the fundamental right of free people to form voluntary associations. It is one of the many enrichments of college and alumnae life.

Fraternities and sororities exist because they:

• Provide a good democratic social experience.
• Give value beyond college years.
• Create, through their ideals, an ever-widening circle of service beyond the membership.
• Develop an individual's potential through leadership opportunities and group effort.
• Fill the need of belonging.

The fact that NPC is a conference is significant to the NPC philosophy because the organization is not a congress. Other than the basic UNANIMOUS AGREEMENTS that all groups have voted to observe, NPC confines itself to recommendations and advice and acts as a court of final appeal in any College Panhellenic difficulty.

One of its greatest services is providing area advisors for College Panhellenics and Alumnae Panhellenics. Members are represented on over 620 college and university campuses in the United States and Canada and in 4,678 alumnae associations. There are over 3.7 million sorority women in the world.

For more information about International Badge Day, contact the NPC Office at (317) 872-3185 or visit the Web site at www.npcwomen.org.

# # #

True and Constant
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-15-2005, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Badge Day publicity

It would be really cool if everyone sent this press release to their campus and local paper and to the news and radio stations in your city. Sure not all of them will air it or print it, but it is worth a shot. And if several of you in each city do it, they will take notice.

Here is the press release - http://www.npcwomen.org/newsevents/b...ss_Release.rtf

And here is an easy way to search for the news outlets in your state - http://newslink.org/

Other ideas include meeting with the other Alumnae and College Panhellenics in your state to ask the governor of your state to proclaim March 7 as NPC International Badge Day. Ask your mayor to proclaim March 7 as NPC International Badge Day for your city.

More ideas here -
http://www.npcwomen.org/newsevents/n_badgeday.php
Old 03-01-2005, 10:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Color me stoked, because I work in an office where I wear "pin attire" to work every day, so I will be wearing my badge this year. Last year I worked in a very casual office and was unable to wear it.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:23 AM
Banned

I WILL be wearing my gorgeous badge! Cant wait!
Old 03-02-2005, 02:17 AM

This was of course announced @ Panhellenic Council. This is also the day of our composite pictures so I'll already be wearing something nice.

Lakers Nation.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Don't forget to wear your badge tomorrow!
Old 03-06-2005, 11:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
ehh, not NPC but what the heck, I can wear some slacks and a blazer tomorrow with my pin.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
I'll be wearing mine!
Old 03-06-2005, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
I might wear mine I haven't decided yet.....

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 03-06-2005, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AOPIHottie Send a message via Yahoo to AOPIHottie
for once, i will(hopefully) remember to wear mine! In fact, i might go put it on the shirt I will wear tomorrow right now! It has been quite awhile since I have worn it!
Old 03-06-2005, 02:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
I will be wearing mine. I was off last year for badge day. Tomorrow I have the mid shift
Old 03-06-2005, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Angry

Crud. I'm off on the seventh and will be at home. Well, maybe I'll wear mine around the house for the kids.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Does anyone panhellenic council do anything special besides have people wear their badge ? Like a luncheon or anything ? Appearantly this year my school is doing a Picnic lunch in the quad with all the sororities and if you wear your badge you can get a ticket to enter a raffle to get a gift cert to the book store. Sounds like a good way to encourage girls to wear their badge and also bring the chapters together.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by carnation
Crud. I'm off on the seventh and will be at home. Well, maybe I'll wear mine around the house for the kids.

I don't work tomorrow either. I guess I'm just going to have to sport my badge at the grocery store and the library!

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 03-06-2005, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh yeah, I'll be wearing mine tomorrow. I actually have one this year. This time last year, I was a couple of weeks away from being initiated.