GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,706
2 members and 1,704 guests
flamboyanttree, gatordeltapgh

Old 09-30-2005, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to greenfroggy3
Spring Rush

Hi everyone, just a few questions.

I just rushed for Fall Recruitment, and because of the number of girls, i was cut. I am a junior Transfer at my school and I'm looking to join a sorority so that i can belong somewhere and not just be another fish in the ocean. I really like the sorority lifestyle and what they stand for.

I'm thinking of Rushing for spring, but i'm concerned that because i was cut for the fall, would the same girls not want me at their sorority? Because I'm a Junior Transfer, are the chances still slim to none that I will join a sorority?

Can someone give me some guidance on options that I may have and some direction also? Thank you for your help.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

As a transfer myself, I am debating the same thing. It is really hard to know what to do (for a lot of reasons)! It mainly depends on the university you go to. I grew up with a huge state school in my backyard and am used to the notion that recruitment is based more on numbers than anything else (because of the huge number of people that came through each year). I have many friends telling me to go through rush regardless (since many of the places I am considering are private schools & have their recruitment in the spring) but... I'm still very apprehensive. (I will transfer in the spring, I haven't gone yet.)

I would suggest going through again; it seems like spring recruitment wouldn't be quite as difficult. Girls may remember you from last time & think it is a positive thing you weren't discouraged.

Of course, this is advice from an outsider but.. just wanted to give my opinion nonetheless : ) Good luck.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

If you are really looking for help, use the search function. There are a LOT of threads addressing this (and fairly recent ones).
Old 09-30-2005, 11:46 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by SmartBlondeGPhB
If you are really looking for help, use the search function. There are a LOT of threads addressing this (and fairly recent ones).
LOL uh oh Mel...duck for cover because you're going to get called "rude" because you directed her to the search function. That and you'll be labeled "GC MEAN GIRL".
Old 10-01-2005, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by OTW
LOL uh oh Mel...duck for cover because you're going to get called "rude" because you directed her to the search function. That and you'll be labeled "GC MEAN GIRL".
LOL, they want "mean" I can give them mean.

I'll even help you out a bit.

There are two such threads right on the first page of this forum.......(and those are the ones that were obvious from the titles). Towards the bottom of the page. I would have copied them, but I need to leave you something to do.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Spring Rush

Quote:
Originally posted by greenfroggy3
and because of the number of girls, i was cut.
Just wanted to point out that you do NOT know why you were cut. Why people are cut is part of ritual and membership selection, which is private. No one is cut just b/c there's too many girls. It could be for many different reasons.

And as any FYI for everyone, this is her prior thread on the subject that will give you a lot more info:
http://forums.greekchat.com/gcforums...81#post1092081
Old 10-01-2005, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Quote:
Originally posted by OTW
I guess then, as the moderator of this forum, you'd label me rude because of my sig line??

Really, get over yourself already.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:31 AM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by PenguinTrax
I guess then, as the moderator of this forum, you'd label me rude because of my sig line??

Really, get over yourself already.
Jeezus Barbara! Relax and don't get your panties in a bunch because it was meant as a JOKE! You know what jokes are, right?

I'm actually an ADVOCATE of the search function.

I'm sorry that you didn't see the sarcasm in my post, but I can't keep track of all the times I was labeled mean and rude just for directing a newbie to do a search. I mean, if you're going to label me mean and rude, it better be for a better reason.

So perhaps YOU should be the one to get over yourself already.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:23 AM
GreekChat Member

GreenFroggy - I think you should definitely try rush again - sometimes some really great girls fall through the cracks during Fall Recruitment, and Spring Recruitment (if it's informal - not crazy like Fall!) will give the girls a chance to know you better and for you to know them. In the meantime, try to get involved with other things on campus and good luck with recruitment!
Old 10-02-2005, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTABullwinkle
Quote:
Originally posted by KerriMarie
GreenFroggy - I think you should definitely try rush again - sometimes some really great girls fall through the cracks during Fall Recruitment, and Spring Recruitment (if it's informal - not crazy like Fall!) will give the girls a chance to know you better and for you to know them. In the meantime, try to get involved with other things on campus and good luck with recruitment!
I have to echo this advice. I have two sisters who slipped through the "cracks" of Formal Recruitment. We got them involved with COB right afterwards, and they were two awesome sisters! (One of which is a little sister of mine!)

COB is so different than Formal. If that is available to you, I would say go for it! I transferred to my school as a junior and am now a proud Zeta Tau Alpha.

Plus, like the others have said....look for the many other threads on GC about rerushing.

Best of luck!!!

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."
Old 10-02-2005, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
Re: Spring Rush

Quote:
Originally posted by greenfroggy3
Because I'm a Junior Transfer, are the chances still slim to none that I will join a sorority?

Yes.