GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,833
2 members and 1,831 guests
naraht, PGD-GRAD

Old 11-17-2010, 09:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up GreekChat.com "Current" Movie Reviews

I'm really into plays, operas, and I'm a huge movie goer so, I thought a current movie review thread would be fun. In this thread we chit chat about not only the current (meaning, movies that are currently in the theater) movies that we've seen. However, here we use a 5 star rating system. 5 stars being the highest as in thumbs up, and 1 star being the lowest as in thumbs down. Also, tell us why you gave the movie a 1,2,3,4, or 5.

Over the weekend, I went to see Unstoppable and Skyline.

Skyline was horrible, and I gave it 1 star. I mean, it was really bad, but I thought some of the action scenes were pretty okay. It's just that there was no explaination for anything in that movie, and the ending was by far the worst ending I've ever seen in any movie. Not just sci fi.

I gave Unstoppable 2 stars. I thought it was going to be much better than what it actually was. I thought the previews were very misleading. I mean, I know it was based on a true story and all, but even though I didn't know that it was, I thought the movie was still very predictable from the beginning to the end.

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 07-05-2012 at 04:56 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:19 PM

"The Next Three Days" was good. You only have to suspend belief for a couple of brief moments. It is exciting and I highly recommend it.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 11-17-2010, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
"The Next Three Days" was good. You only have to suspend belief for a couple of brief moments. It is exciting and I highly recommend it.
I've been wanting to check this movie out. I can't remember seeing Elizabeth Banks in a dramatic role. Good to hear that it's a good movie.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I went to see "the last three days" over the weekend. I gave it 5 stars. It was really suspenseful, and a must see. Russel Crowe was great.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:44 PM

When you saw that part at the end with the sewer (you know what I mean) did you want to just yell "Come ON!!!" That was a little ridic.

The movie was filmed in Pittsburgh and while it's neat to see things you know (the park they filmed in is just a few blocks from my old house) some of the rearranging of where things are when they were driving brought the LOLs.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Harry Potter...good..but frustrating (who wants to wait until July?)

Morning Glory..don't waste your money
Old 11-23-2010, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
When you saw that part at the end with the sewer (you know what I mean) did you want to just yell "Come ON!!!" That was a little ridic.

The movie was filmed in Pittsburgh and while it's neat to see things you know (the park they filmed in is just a few blocks from my old house) some of the rearranging of where things are when they were driving brought the LOLs.
lol
You so read my mind. When they got to the sewer part, I was like "Are you kidding me?" Even when I saw the button, I was still like "Okay, who would do that?" lol I'm glad you pointed that out, because that's exactly what I was thinking.

That's pretty cool to be able to see places where you've lived and been to, on the big screen.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Due Date--a 3. It was mediocre at best, with some funny parts thrown it. I was just highly looking forward to this movie and was really let down. Although I do now have a new appreciation for how good-looking RD Jr. can be. I haven't seen it, but I was told to just stick with 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles' because it's soo much better.

Would you like a Cleveland Steamer or Alabama Hot Pocket with your Blumpkin?
Old 11-30-2010, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I just got back from seeing "Faster" with my friend. She called me and asked me if I wanted to go because she didn't want to go by herself. Plus, we both needed a break from the books for a few.

I give it 2 stars. It was a movie full of a bunch of guys, driving fast cars, with huge male egos, shooting and slicing each other.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Bump

Anyone seen any good movies lately? I saw "Love and Other Drugs" today. Eh. It was alright...wish I would have waited for it on DVD though. The plot is weak, and I feel like they tried to make up for that fact by filling the rest of the movie with sex scenes (I have now seen more of Anne Hathaway than I ever cared to).

Pretty excited for "Little Fockers" this week.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:30 AM

Confession: I want to see Black Swan simply because when I saw the trailer, I thought to myself "OMG, this plot totally reminds me of a Lifetime Movie."

Lakers Nation.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^Omg, that was the only preview we had today and I TOTALLY want to see it!
Old 12-19-2010, 01:53 AM
GreekChat Member

I haven't even seen the preview but I heart Natalie Portman so I've wanted to see it anyway. I'm going to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader tomorrow, I hope it's good.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 12-19-2010, 02:24 AM
GreekChat Member

I thought Dawn Treader was pretty good! Has a different feeling than the other two, but still still entertaining
Old 12-19-2010, 10:24 AM
GreekChat Member

I saw The King's Speech yesterday and the theatre was packed! I REALLY enjoyed this (and cried a bit at the end) so I'll probably purchase it on dvd. Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush were really great together - I hope they both get Oscar nods/wins.

Also, I'm looking forward to all the indie films that are coming out next year. The trailers looked good anyway.