GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Zeta > Zeta Phi Beta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,520
1 members and 1,519 guests
Cookiez17

Old 06-18-2002, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Prayer for a SistaFriend's Family & Friends

Greetings Sorors,

I would like to request that we all say a prayer for the family and friends of SistaFriend Christine Moore and her Sorors of Iota Theta Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority. Christine was missing for I believe about a month and they've found her remains.

God Bless and remember to let your loved ones know you love them because tomorrow isn't promised to any of us.
Peace & Blessings
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-18-2002, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I have had them in my prayers since I first heard about Ms. Moore's disappearance.

There was a moment of silence held for her today at Noon. I said my prayers for her and her family.

This is such a tragedy.

You are correct....we are not promised tomorrow, so please let your/our loved ones know that they are loved by us each and every day.

Z-Phi
Old 06-18-2002, 09:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to DOVE1920 Send a message via Yahoo to DOVE1920
It is important to remember that tomorrow is not promised. My heart goes out to the family, friends and Sorors of Christine. Unfortunately it takes events like these to help us put our lives in perspective.
Old 06-18-2002, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Why was this thread started here? Why couldn't you all have posted these consolatory comments in the DST forum? I am confused as to why you would start this thread over here.
Old 06-19-2002, 01:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZetaAce Send a message via AIM to ZetaAce
Soror,

That is a great reminder to tell those you love how you feel about them everyday. Sometimes it gets lost in life's chaos.

IncogKneegrow- The thread was started here probably for several reasons A) Not all of us read the DST board so we might not have known about the situation. and B) Because Zetas will pray for anyone who needs it! No matter what their greek affiliation.

ZA
Old 06-19-2002, 07:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to prettyzeta1998 Send a message via Yahoo to prettyzeta1998
I agree my hearts goes out to them when anyone is lost and it is a tragedy the prayers should go up for the family. No matter what!!
Old 06-19-2002, 09:45 AM
GreekChat Member

I am so sorry to hear this...

I was so hoping that she would be found alive. I will definitely keep her family in my prayers as they go through this VERY difficult time in their lives.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
Well...

Quote:
Originally posted by IncogKneegrow
Why was this thread started here? Why couldn't you all have posted these consolatory comments in the DST forum? I am confused as to why you would start this thread over here.
Considering, the message was an alert to my Sorors regarding a Sister Greek, I don't see what the problem is here. Why are you confused? I am sure the ladies of Delta have posted similiar information in their forum, but sense this post was of interest to my Sorors from an NPHC love POV, I am confused to know why you would respond with anything other than what was addressed in the subject field.

Thanks for the Alert CateyeZ23, I will definitely be keeping our sistah greek in our prayers.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

I agree with you 100% finerwomanhood 10-A-91.

Tinese
SGRHO Boston, MA
Old 06-19-2002, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Well...

Quote:
Originally posted by Finer Woman10-A-91

Considering, the message was an alert to my Sorors regarding a Sister Greek, I don't see what the problem is here. Why are you confused? I am sure the ladies of Delta have posted similiar information in their forum, but sense this post was of interest to my Sorors from an NPHC love POV, I am confused to know why you would respond with anything other than what was addressed in the subject field.

Thanks for the Alert CateyeZ23, I will definitely be keeping our sistah greek in our prayers.

An Alert would have been CatEyez saying to you all that a member of DST has passed away, let us go over to their forum and extend our condolences.

However, this thread contains condolences from people who had ALREADY extended condolences in the DST forum.

I am not really confused. However, I am dismayed that the forums continue to be separate at a time when members of a sorority are grieving. It looks to me that you all who have posted here and will continue to post here, could have went to the Delta forum and expressed yourselves there in a sisterly manner or are you all that irritated with the non blue organizations that some of you will continue to observe yet not post in their forums.

The sisterly thing to have done would have been to extend your condolences in the DST forum, point blank. To start a separate thread here continues the divisiveness that some of you claim you want to end. However, YOUR ACTIONS are speaking louder than your clanging cymbals of words.
Old 06-19-2002, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
Well...

I think its awfully presumptious to state what you think is the case. Considering the regular posters who are members of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. myself included, have posted all over GC. I bet if you were to do a search of other orgs posting in comparison would show differently.

To say the least, your interruption considering the spirit in which this post was started here was inappropriate at best. If you are still dismayed, let me suggest you do a search in this forum, and you will gain better insight to your "dismay".

As we have said more than often, all are welcomed to post here. Just be advised this a negative/drama free zone.

Soror CateyeZ23, I apologize for this interruption. I know you well enough to know you would only post such a topic in the spirit of sisterly love.

Just as an aside,
My Soror who started this thread posted her well wishes for the first time on the delta board on May 31st.

Quote:
Originally posted by IncogKneegrow

An Alert would have been CatEyez saying to you all that a member of DST has passed away, let us go over to their forum and extend our condolences.

However, this thread contains condolences from people who had ALREADY extended condolences in the DST forum.

I am not really confused. However, I am dismayed that the forums continue to be separate at a time when members of a sorority are grieving. It looks to me that you all who have posted here and will continue to post here, could have went to the Delta forum and expressed yourselves there in a sisterly manner or are you all that irritated with the non blue organizations that some of you will continue to observe yet not post in their forums.

The sisterly thing to have done would have been to extend your condolences in the DST forum, point blank. To start a separate thread here continues the divisiveness that some of you claim you want to end. However, YOUR ACTIONS are speaking louder than your clanging cymbals of words.

Last edited by Finer Woman10-A-91; 06-19-2002 at 12:41 PM.
Old 06-19-2002, 12:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to DOVE1920 Send a message via Yahoo to DOVE1920
"A wise men once said, don't argue with fools cuz people from a distance can't tell who is who!"
Old 06-19-2002, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Dovey Send a message via Yahoo to Dovey
guess what?

As much as it might seem it does, it does not matter whom, where, when, how, or why someone might express their feelings on Ms. Moore's passing.

Pettiness does not reach heaven, a true heart does.

While we are praying for Ms. Moore's family's strength and peace, maybe we should pray for understanding and wisdom for others as well.

God Bless.
Old 06-19-2002, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

all prayers going out

It is a tragedy that something of this nature to happen to anyone, but cateye said the right thing...tomorrow isn't promised...and we should feel blessed and cherish each day that God allows us to see.

God Bless everyone and their families.
Old 06-20-2002, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DOVE1920
"A wise men once said, don't argue with fools cuz people from a distance can't tell who is who!"

Well said Sandzzz.....

But I have to say this to IncogKneegrow:

As my Sorors have previously stated, you should research your information before stating things that are not true. HAD you done your research, you would have seen that several of MY Sorors as well as our SisterSorors HAVE posted our condolences in the DST room. You will also have noticed that in ALL of our different rooms we have threads discussing our Unity and the various service projects we have done TOGETHER. Lastly, as My Soror stated "your interruption considering the spirit in which this post was started here was inappropriate at best."

In case you didn't know, there are members of DST who read and post in here and RESPECT our room as we do theirs. I pray in the future you will be able to do the same.

Peace.

Last edited by zetafg; 06-20-2002 at 02:00 PM.