GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,231
0 members and 2,231 guests
No Members online

Old 10-25-2003, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Tales Of a Fraternity House

Got any damage stories?

We had an excellent party last night, but now my bedroom door is laying on my floor and my window screen is in 5 pieces in the dumpster.

Beat that.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-25-2003, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to docetboy Send a message via Yahoo to docetboy
Easy.

After one of our fraternity parties, we had inches of sawdust and gallons of spilled alcohol covering the entire living room floor and most of the kitchen, about 500 staples in the walls, and the remnents of what was a maze made out of butcher paper in the basement (complete with the hidden areas with couches for you and your date to visit...), and the remnents of what were walls covered with butcher paper that we wrote horrible obscenities on on the main floor walls...

Old 10-25-2003, 02:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Let's see... maybe a room with Jello three-feet deep - next to a room with one foot of sand, a pool that holds about 40 and some electrical problems... Yikes. It was bad.

Oh, and did I mention, the Jello was red - and so were a lot of the girls' hair for weeks!
Old 10-25-2003, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I know it was easy. I just wanted to start somewhere.
Old 10-25-2003, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by docetboy
Easy.

After one of our fraternity parties, we had inches of sawdust and gallons of spilled alcohol covering the entire living room floor and most of the kitchen, about 500 staples in the walls, and the remnents of what was a maze made out of butcher paper in the basement (complete with the hidden areas with couches for you and your date to visit...), and the remnents of what were walls covered with butcher paper that we wrote horrible obscenities on on the main floor walls...

WTF?!?!
I get the spilled alcohol, I dont get the butcher paper stuff..........
Old 10-25-2003, 03:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to docetboy Send a message via Yahoo to docetboy
LOL

Well, we throw our major formal in our house. This year will mark our 69th consecutive "Bowery Brawl" Itīs a theme party set in the twenties. We all dress up as gangsters, etc. and after going out as one large house+dates for dinner, we come back to the house and there is a room that is covered with six inches of sawdust as a speakeasy would have been, the walls are covered in brown butcher paper to write on, then we build a slide over our back stairs and that is the entry point in the house. After going down the slide you enter a maze in the basement where you "get lost with your date" then it is up to the main floor for drinks and whatever.

The best part about Bowery is that it is a "pledge party" where the pledges are responsible for putting together the entire party - it's success is dependent on how good they work together getting all the necessary things together (butcher paper, sawdust, transforming the house, etc.). The pledges must also create a fake composite on the butcher paper where they are allowed to draw evil renditions of their pledge dads, as well as make a fraternity crest out of the butcher paper (most of it, atleast - they must find an active brother to draw in the letters below...). During the party, many many markers are provided where everyone is allowed to write anything you want about anyone up there with no fears of retribution after the party.
Directly at midnight, the pledges each create a skit making fun of their pledge dads (which can be absolutely hilarious considering everyone is extremely drunk by that time...)

It's the oldest party on campus and we've never missed a year of it...probably because it's the one night pledges can make fun of actives without getting in trouble. Also, since it is a 'closed/date party', it has become extremely popular to get into and we often have girls calling up the house in september (when the party is in november) asking if any of the guys need dates. The only bad part about it is the full day or two of work it takes to get the house looking 'normal' again after the party (all that sawdust has to now be shoveled out...)

Last edited by docetboy; 10-25-2003 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-25-2003, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by docetboy
LOL

Well, we throw our major formal in our house. This year will mark our 69th consecutive "Bowery Brawl" Itīs a theme party set in the twenties. We all dress up as gangsters, etc. and after going out as one large house+dates for dinner, we come back to the house and there is a room that is covered with six inches of sawdust as a speakeasy would have been, the walls are covered in brown butcher paper to write on, then we build a slide over our back stairs and that is the entry point in the house. After going down the slide you enter a maze in the basement where you "get lost with your date" then it is up to the main floor for drinks and whatever.

The best part about Bowery is that it is a "pledge party" where the pledges are responsible for putting together the entire party - it's success is dependent on how good they work together getting all the necessary things together (butcher paper, sawdust, transforming the house, etc.). The pledges must also create a fake composite on the butcher paper where they are allowed to draw evil renditions of their pledge dads, as well as make a fraternity crest out of the butcher paper (most of it, atleast - they must find an active brother to draw in the letters below...). During the party, many many markers are provided where everyone is allowed to write anything you want about anyone up there with no fears of retribution after the party.
Directly at midnight, the pledges each create a skit making fun of their pledge dads (which can be absolutely hilarious considering everyone is extremely drunk by that time...)

It's the oldest party on campus and we've never missed a year of it...probably because it's the one night pledges can make fun of actives without getting in trouble. Also, since it is a 'closed/date party', it has become extremely popular to get into and we often have girls calling up the house in september (when the party is in november) asking if any of the guys need dates. The only bad part about it is the full day or two of work it takes to get the house looking 'normal' again after the party (all that sawdust has to now be shoveled out...)

Sounds interesting hahahaha
Old 10-25-2003, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Damages:

Punched walls, front door broken, almost kicked in, bedroom door with hole in it, lock ripped off bedroom door, bathroom door ripped off hinges, bathroom wall in half, basement covered in water, pipe constantally breaking, basement drain backing up.
Old 10-25-2003, 05:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Kevlar281
We caved in our hardwood floor at our old house doing chant at a New Years Party a few years ago.
Old 10-25-2003, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

So, I shouldn't be mad that my roomates kicked my door down?
Old 10-25-2003, 05:11 PM
GreekChat Member

This wasn't a frat party, but at the house parties at my alma mater, "butt prints" were often found on the walls.

How do you make a butt print? A combination of humidity, sweat, and blue jeans rubbing against your walls from people standing/dancing.
Old 10-25-2003, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltaSigStan
So, I shouldn't be mad that my roomates kicked my door down?
It's not cool they did that and you have a reason to be mad. Two of the doors that were kicked/punched down one of them was by the guy who lived in that room and the other was the front door. It wasn't completly gone but cracked. Also, the lock being ripped off was my door. I was mad.
Old 10-26-2003, 01:24 AM

Put a whole in our front wall of house

Once witnessed to brothers wrestle and just go right into the houses living room wall and put a huge whole in it. It was hilarious but I think we all laughed it off not knowing that it was seriously gonna have to be fixed the next day. We were a little drunk to say the least and I had just seen the inside of the house for the first time so I had no idea what others would say. It was too funny everybody was acting like it happenend all the time.
Old 10-26-2003, 01:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevlar281
We caved in our hardwood floor at our old house doing chant at a New Years Party a few years ago.
I'm sorry but that cracked me up.
Old 10-26-2003, 12:13 PM

So, you wonder why your Nationals pushes for Dry Housing, Third Party Vendors and having parties at different locations?

Is destroying your house some kind of right of manhood?

Oh, and re-read this thread when you're ready to complain about escalating insurance rates.

Experience is a great teacher, but I now look back at some situations from my past and sadly shake my head at how stupid we were.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.