GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Tau > Tau Kappa Epsilon
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,762
2 members and 1,760 guests
oncegreek, TLLK

Old 06-19-2006, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

A Brand Called TKE

Fraters,
As you can gather by the screen name, I'm the Grand Hegemon. I've been actively trying to develop with the Grand Council several programs that I have coined "A Brand Called TKE". I am trying to develop multiple ideas and programs that chapters can use in conjunction with the International Headquarters. I've been involved with marketing for years and believe TKE is structured like a franchise system. Similar to a Starbucks or McDonalds or even a Rotary Club. Our Brand is TKE and it was created in 1899. But different schools have different needs and some chapters have different road blocks to succeed. I'm working on creating multiple content that could be pushed down from the HQ website where chapters could pick and choose what they would want or need. This could include personal brochures, chapter business cards, chapter postcards,recruitment letters,etc. I realize that to do this the website at HQ needs to be improved. This also could include podcasts, etc.
I'm going to present my first branding report to the GC in late July. Until then, I'd love to get some suggestions from the field. What sort of things do you guys need to develop your brand and would like the International Headquarters to coordinate? What would be the interest for us to approach a web hosting company to develop websites for all of the chapters that don't have a webmaster to do it themselves?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-21-2006, 08:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I would like to see a media generator on the GC website where chapters can create professional looking posters, flyers, mailers, letterhead, etc. Maybe a few basic templates and graphics to choose from as well as a way for a chapter to add their own pictures and text to suit their needs and print directly from the website.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Web Site

That's one of the things I've been pushing at every GC meeting and hopefully it will happen-sooner or later. Right now it's a matter of finding the volunteers, staff time, or money to develop enough high quality content to be able to push down from the website. But the website needs to be overhauled and we are pushing for that as well. In order to download the content, we need to improve the distribution vehicle first. Thanks for your suggestions Frater.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Well... I don't know if this is exactly what you're talking about, but I've always thought that TKE should develop a program like APH or Omegafi. All of the members’ dues could be paid through the system and International would get the 3-4% instead of those other companies.
International could monitor where all of the chapter funds are going and try to help the financially at risk chapters with financial counseling. It would also be possible for international to set up a schedule when funds would be deducted for things like AMFs and insurance. Just a suggestion. Sound like it could work!

Anthony Flores
Delta Theta Chapter Alumni
CSU- Long beach
Old 07-07-2006, 11:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks Frater for your suggestion. We're having a GC meeting in a few weeks and I will bring this up for discussion.

YITB