GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,674
1 members and 1,673 guests
Titchou

Old 06-04-2012, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

That is great news!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-04-2012, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HONKY660
Lambda Chi Alpha Fall 2012 Expansion

Lambda Chi Alpha is excited to announce plans for the establishment of colonies at five universities for the fall semester of 2012. Institutions include: Boise State University, Fresno State University (re-colonization), South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, Texas Tech University (re-colonization), and Wichita State University.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:01 AM

And it took a whole page of questions to get out information that could have been said in one post. El Lame-O.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Well that worked to weasel out information that's been held back for quite awhile.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 06-05-2012, 12:29 AM
GreekChat Member

A hypothetical question for the wise ones:

If State U. Panhellenic opens the campus for Expansion and only ABC sorority is invited and decides to present, are they automatically invited to colonize? Or would "mutual selection" work here also?
Old 06-05-2012, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always AlphaGam View Post

If State U. Panhellenic opens the campus for Expansion and only ABC sorority is invited and decides to present, are they automatically invited to colonize? Or would "mutual selection" work here also?
I'd imagine it would have to be mutual selection. There just wouldn't be any competition. That's just what I would think.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:31 AM

I think we had some other instances on here where only one sorority presented at a campus and they ended up not colonizing. Whether that was the sorority's choice or the school's is, I'm sure, closely guarded information. (That probably will vary depending which one you talk to, ha ha.)
Old 06-05-2012, 11:23 AM
GreekChat Member

I also have firsthand knowledge of a recent case where two sororities were invited to present for a stacked expansion; the announcement stated that two sororities would be selected. However, one presentation was not well received, so only one sorority was chosen up front and then they went back to the pool.

I guess it's the same as applying for a job...you could be the only applicant, but if the company decides you're not the right fit, they'll probably re-open the search.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Kappa Lambda is getting ready to start back up at
University of Georgia
University of Missouri
Currently a colony at California - Berkeley
Current colony at Central Missouri

There are a few more as well, but I can't recall.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
I also have firsthand knowledge of a recent case where two sororities were invited to present for a stacked expansion; the announcement stated that two sororities would be selected. However, one presentation was not well received, so only one sorority was chosen up front and then they went back to the pool.

I guess it's the same as applying for a job...you could be the only applicant, but if the company decides you're not the right fit, they'll probably re-open the search.
It's hard to believe that an NPC expansion team could flub things that badly, but I guess it happens.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always AlphaGam View Post

This situation just happened this year, and the only presenter was not asked to colonize.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I think it could be a matter of what the school is looking for at that particular time. If a group isn't on the same page as the school or vice-versa it's not going to work from the beginning of that relationship.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Phi presenting at LSU (???)

I'm holding off from doing any sort of silver-and-bordeaux happy dance, namely because despite our many grapevines, we haven't heard any official news about LSU and any NPC group.

If PilotsWife is correct that Alpha Phi is presenting and that no one else perhaps even submitted a packet, I'm still anxious because:

• It's frickin' LSU - a big dog in the big leagues. This would be a big deal for any NPC group trying to expand to LSU.
  • No other NPC groups felt comfortable sending in a packet, probably for the very reasons that have already been discussed here. I'm thinking of those groups which are very large nationally and/or might have geographic advantages (AXO, AXiD, GPhiB, ADPi, AGD, AOPi, etc.)
  • Edit: Also, the seeming Curse of the Alphas! (APhi, ADPi, AEPhi, AXO, AOPi, and AGD!)

That being said, I have faith in our expansion team, and I hope our recent colonizations at other major regional schools will help (Bama, GT, FSU, Kentucky, Clemson).

Last edited by GTAlphaPhi; 06-05-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAlphaPhi View Post
I'm holding off from doing any sort of silver-and-bordeaux happy dance
This made me LOL
Old 06-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

ADPi used to have a chapter at LSU - Omega Chapter, in fact. I have no idea when it folded, but if it was recently, that's another reason they could be holding off.