GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,457
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, ER_Pike
» Online Users: 2,721
2 members and 2,719 guests
navane, Xidelt

Old 09-05-2007, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissvixen View Post
1. Vanilla Birthday Cake
Through Facebook stalking beforehand, I found out that a girl from one of my classes last semester, who was beautiful, down-to-earth, smart, and whom I had a pretty good bond with, is in this one! Although I pretty much had an open mind to all sororities, it made me like this one more. During open house, I had a nice, non-awkward conversation with two girls. They are all very pretty; definitely above average. They were definitely in my top 10, but pretty even with other houses to come.

2. Waffle Cone
Ugh, I was dreading going to this house. A crazy, malicious, very confrontational girl I knew from high school was in it. I was worried that she would come up to me or the girl I was speaking to and make some rude comment. My Gamma Chi informed me that her doing that would be a huge violation of the rules. In fact, she is a senior and was not even at open house (Thank God!). The girls were ok, but I felt like I was carrying the conversation the whole time. Granted, it was one of the last few on a long, hot Saturday. These weren't girls I could see myself being close with.

3. Sweet Coconut Milk
Not to be shallow, but you only have 25 minutes to see the girls during open house, and they did not leave a good impression. First, they violated some of the rules "When you come back on Sunday (for first invitational)..." and generally seemed desperate. I heard that they were talking to PNM's about being the PNM's bridesmaids (????)... Very strange. Although a few were cute, most had unkempt hair, no makeup, and chipped/unmaintained toenail polish. I spent 3 hours getting ready in order to try to make a good impression and look my best, and these girls looked like they just rolled out of bed and didn't care. Many girls in the house are Jewish and I am not, so I would feel a little left out in that respect.

4. Melon Daiquiri
They had a beautiful house, but it smelled bad on the inside, and the girls were nothing special. They talked about television alot, which frankly is not a good way to get to know someone, especially if you all like Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives. I wasn't too impressed.

5. Empowermint
Um, I don't know why I listed this- this is the engineering sorority. Maybe I'm missing one? We didn't go around to see this one.

6. Frozen Lemon Custard
The conversation with these girls was nothing special, and they weren't particularly pretty. I just felt bored in this house.

7. Mimosa
Alot of girls seemed to love this house, but I didn't. The girls in the house talked about how they fell in love with it and each other right away, so that further enforced me thinking it was not for me. I wasn't too thrilled with their ill-fitting embroidered polo shirts and big fake pearls, either. They had a complicated and well-rehearsed dance. They didn't make my top 10.

8. Red Delicious Apple
Again, a pretty popular house, but not for me. The girls that I talked to bored me to death by talking about running marathons and working out. Interestingly enough, they didn't look particularly toned or sporty. The other PNM with me loved talking about marathons and stuff too. I didn't talk very much or care to talk very much in this house. Boring. They did make my top 10, but only by process of elimination.

9. Strawberry Milkshake
Gorgeous and fun girls!!! This was the last house I went to Friday night, when I wasn't at all excited to be dragged through yet another sorority. However, their energy was contagious and I found myself laughing and genuinely having a good time. I've heard from several different sources that they ONLY take freshmen (I imagine that they are quite popular and definitely have a choice), so I'm not getting my hopes up. They were definitely on my top 10!

10. Senorita Margarita
I came in with high hopes for these girls. The valedictorian from my high school, a year older than me, is in this sorority. She is completely gorgeous, but obviously very smart. She is also SUPER sweet! When I came to a mostly sophomores and seniors speech class as a scared freshman in high school, she turned around in her seat to talk to me and make me feel comfortable. Although they were very cute, my conversations with this group weren't great. They made my top 10.

To be continued... I have to go to class!
Quote:
Nope, I missed a completely random one in the middle of the alphabet. I added "Grasshopper" at the end, and I'm not sure why I missed them, since as you can read I liked them. Nice try, though.
I can't decide whether you are an idiot or a troll. The first three are undoubtedly Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Delta Pi, and Alpha Epsilon Phi. The one you say is the prettiest on campus (that you visited first) is Kappa Alpha Theta, and everything else is alphabetic from there.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-05-2007, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

And for all the girls who are like "you'll get what you have coming" etc... I can guess which houses you are in
Nice.

Honestly, I was at the first post.

Every other word was about how pretty they were, how she hated the fake pearls, ill fitting polos, bad hair, perfect beauty queens, or something else that dealt with how they looked.

S
H
A
L
L
O
W

to da max.

I know we generally expect some incoming freshmen to be that way (deciding on the brunette houses vs. the blondes where they will fit in), but a junior? I hope you graduated from h.s. a couple of years early or something.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Unregistered-

If the OP ends up having a shitty rush because of stuff said on GC (or on the internet, for that matter), well...can't say it's the first time.

We don't care if you're just being honest or not. If you're really serious about getting that bid, I'd be careful. Copping attitides with UIUC sorority alums don't help, either.

I won't be surprised if GCers are already taking steps to ensure that you have a very unsuccessful rush.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm ready for Pref Round. "I don't know what to do. I didn't get any invites back".
Old 09-05-2007, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas*princess View Post
Nice.

Honestly, I was at the first post.

Every other word was about how pretty they were, how she hated the fake pearls, ill fitting polos, bad hair, perfect beauty queens, or something else that dealt with how they looked.

S
H
A
L
L
O
W

to da max.

I know we generally expect some incoming freshmen to be that way (deciding on the brunette houses vs. the blondes where they will fit in), but a junior? I hope you graduated from h.s. a couple of years early or something.
Ok, what deep and meaningful conversations do you have with 18 houses in 2 days at 25 minutes each that let you just KNOW that you'll be bff's?
Old 09-05-2007, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
So then where's Phi Mu on the list?
I think it was #15...something about interesting questions, but not good-looking.

I can't go back and check for certain, because you deleted your posts. Because you know I am correct.

Last edited by DeltaBetaBaby; 09-05-2007 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Ok, what deep and meaningful conversations do you have with 18 houses in 2 days at 25 minutes each that let you just KNOW that you'll be bff's?
The same conversations you have when you're trying to get to know someone new.

People "click" during recruitment.... it's happened to me and several others I'm sure. You could be talking about a hobby, what you like to do for vacations, or anything really, and you get excited when you realize the other person is passionate about it too and you just "click".

When I rushed on the sister side for the first time, I didn't have any magical conversation formulas, we just talked about a bunch of stuff, and in that conversation I could really "see" some of them as my sisters. It wasn't a deep "let's be best friends forever and pick daisies and run off to the sunset moment" but you can really tell when you're on the sister side when you're talking to someone that you don't really think would be a great asset to the chapter or you get a feeling that they are being fake and may be interested in your group for the wrong reasons.

I would honestly rather have a house full of average looking girls that are great sisters than a house of bitchy beauty queens... but hey, that's just me. You may be looking for something else in a "sisterhood"
Old 09-05-2007, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

She may have begun to delete her own posts, but can't do much with those that people have quoted. Maybe she is beginning to heed the advice that her posts could be traced back to her. I too, know many actives who lurk and watch the posts.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
I think it was #15...something about interesting questions, but not good-looking.

I can't go back and check for certain, because you deleted your posts. Because you know I am correct.
I know, because I'm starting to feel like a b****, and while they're not in perfect alphabetical order (seriously...?), I don't want to be too obvious. As for Phi Mu, I actually know several girls in the house who are very pretty, and while I didn't go back for First Invite (although I went back a house much further down on the list??) I think they eliminated me rather than vice versa. A little awkward during open house :-\
Old 09-05-2007, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
She may have begun to delete her own posts, but can't do much with those that people have quoted. Maybe she is beginning to heed the advice that her posts could be traced back to her. I too, know many actives who lurk and watch the posts.
I can't find anywhere that we quoted the descriptions of houses 11-19, which is too bad, because I liked reading about mine.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post

I thought it was just me. I was wondering where the newer descriptions were.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I don't want to be too obvious.
A little late for that, dontcha think?
Quote:
As for Phi Mu, I actually know several girls in the house who are very pretty, and while I didn't go back for First Invite (although I went back a house much further down on the list??) I think they eliminated me rather than vice versa. A little awkward during open house :-\
Methinks Phi Mu got it right.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Don't you think calling pretty girls "beauty queens" and "bitchy" is a little shallow?
I'm just saying I'd rather have average looking sisters that are great than to use their looks as a #1 factor.

Grow up.

And nice job on deleting your posts at least the first one will be in GC history forever since a few people quoted it
Old 09-05-2007, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I know, because I'm starting to feel like a b****,
Then my work here is done.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAalum94 View Post
And she's free to make up any results she wants as well, so we'll never really know.
I sure hope she gets a bid to the most gorgeous house there