GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Gamma Rho

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,221
3 members and 1,218 guests
3DGator, FSUZeta, LaneSig

Old 12-14-2016, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

PNM- Please help

Hello,

It has just been confirmed that the ladies of our local Alum chapter of SGRho will be chartering an undergrad chapter at my university. Those of us that have already shown interest have been invited out to a movie to get a chance to meet and mingle with the ladies who will be involved in that process. Every time I've seen them, it's been on campus and casual. My question is, should I take this opportunity to dress up for a better impression since this isn't an on campus thing or am I thinking to deeply into this? Please advise and any responses are greatly appreciated.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, you know what they say - better to overdress than underdress.
I would say dress up just a BIT more than casual campus attire (which itself can run the range of pajamas to full makeup and heels). Very polished, but still casual.
JMHO, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikkiSue View Post
Hello,

It has just been confirmed that the ladies of our local Alum chapter of SGRho will be chartering an undergrad chapter at my university. Those of us that have already shown interest have been invited out to a movie to get a chance to meet and mingle with the ladies who will be involved in that process. Every time I've seen them, it's been on campus and casual. My question is, should I take this opportunity to dress up for a better impression since this isn't an on campus thing or am I thinking to deeply into this? Please advise and any responses are greatly appreciated.

Old 12-14-2016, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikkiSue View Post
Hello,

It has just been confirmed that the ladies of our local Alum chapter of Sgrho will be chartering an undergrad chapter at my university. Those of us that have already shown interest have been invited out to a movie to get a chance to meet and mingle with the ladies who will be involved in that process. Every time I've seen them, it's been on campus and casual. My question is, should I take this opportunity to dress up for a better impression since this isn't an on campus thing or am I thinking to deeply into this? Please advise and any responses are greatly appreciated.
I will say don't overdo it but do look nice and show that you put some effort into it. We appreciate that. Also, ask the organizers if there is a dress code (should you all go out after the movies to someplace that might have a dressier atmosphere.

Good luck!
Old 12-18-2016, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Let us know how it goes!
Old 12-19-2016, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

thank you so much ladies! I'll definitely keep you posted, no matter what the outcome, I'm honestly just excited to finally be getting a chance to be a part of something greater. I joined the military immediately after high school graduation and then life happened (child, marriage, etc) so I'm a non-traditional undergrad student. Greek life is something I've always wanted to be a part of and after researching and getting to know some of the ladies, I feel that SGRho would be the right fit for me. Thanks again for your input!