GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,457
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, ER_Pike
» Online Users: 2,902
2 members and 2,900 guests
bpatrickmtexaxd, gregoraswifta69

Old 08-19-2011, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMto2 View Post
I really don't understand all the negativity here, especially targeted at a distraught mom who is just looking for information for her daughter.

Despite the many posts on here about quota being reached by all chapters, there should still be several COB opportunities at Auburn. During my dd's last two years, I know of many girls who received COB bids from many different chapters.
People were very kind to her when they were under the impression her daughter was released from recruitment. But mommy's little unique snowflake princess who didn't get the sororities she wanted doesn't get sympathy.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-20-2011, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Again, my heart breaks for any and all that did not get placed. I don't think it's our job to judge the decisions or actions of others, unless they ask for our opinion or advice. I don't know what made A stand out enough to get her bid. Sure, I think she's great....but I'm realistic enough to know she was probably just average on paper. I DO think she probably did really well one on one with some of the groups. I know from talking with her that the Ice Water Teas were pretty superficial...not a lot of time to really do much talking. From that point on, though, some of the stories and conversations A had were pretty funny and memorable. She relaxed and didn't try to "over impress". She certainly had some painful cuts along the way, but ended up right where she belonged!
Old 08-20-2011, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

My post cut off.....

I was going to give an update on A, B and C. All are doing well and had a good first week at Auburn! They all actually have a class together, so that is fun for all three.

A and B are are on pledge retreat this weekend. It will be an awesome time for them to get to know their pledge sisters and other sisters in Alpha Gam. I can't wait to her from her!

C is doing just fine. She left Auburn for a few days after getting released, just to get away. Since being back, she has already gotten involved in a local church group. I think she will continue to get involved on campus, too. Auburn offers so many possibilities to be active and involved. Her mother is still having a hard time with it all.
On "paper", C was possibly the strongest of the three PNM. She started out with the most callbacks, but I wonder if she possibly ranked some sororities that would have been a better fit for her too low. We will never know exactly what happened, I guess.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnMom85 View Post
I wonder if she possibly ranked some sororities that would have been a better fit for her too low.
That's exactly what I did when I rushed as a freshman, and boy did it bite me in the ass. I had NO REASON to believe I would have been a good fit in a "top tier" sorority, yet because they were the most popular they were the only ones I focused on. Why was I so surprised, then, when every group on campus cut me? Oh, the stuipidity of youth!
Old 08-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

mom, glad to hear all the girls are doing well.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

bump! Auburn recruitment starts in a month!
Old 07-03-2012, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

The recruitment stories were great last year! It'd be awesome if members on GC who have daughters going through recruitment could keep us updated. Hopefully the heat isn't too bad!
Old 07-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

My daughter in Birmingham said that last week the temperature had been above 100 every day with high humidity. It doesn't bode well for August.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

bump!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Bump
Old 07-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

2013 bump!