GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,406
1 members and 1,405 guests
janesstexxda745

Old 06-07-2013, 01:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Panhellenic Alumnae Community Could Use Your Help

Hey Ladies!

Well first, if providing recs just isn't your thing, you probably won't want to read any further; if it's something you are interested in doing...well, have I ever got an opportunity for you!

Some may already know, but I have a private Facebook group that is a Panhellenic community of sorority alumnae. Besides being incredibly fun girls, we provide recommendations for PNMs, who are also members of the group. These are not PNMs who have come out here and posted, "Hey ya'll, I know you don't know me, but I need recs. Even though I just want to rush Beautiful Beta and Marvelous Mu, my friends say I need them to all 22 chapters at my school. So, will you all do them? I'd prefer 10 recs to every sorority, and by the way, I'm awesome. Thanks for doing this!" Oh no, I promise, none of that.

Every PNM has some connection to someone in the group. She might be a daughter, neighbor, former student, friend, etc. There is someone who can vouch for her. Plus, the way we're set up, you can communicate with her and get to know her some. Also, this group is very private. We're on the FB setting of "secret," so we're not even searchable. Your membership and contact info is secure and not able to be viewed by non-members. (Like it would be if we were on the setting of "closed," where non-members can stumble upon us, and while they can't post, they can still see who is in there and start sending "Hey ya'll" notes via your FB message box.

Our alumnae are from various parts of the country and some are from right here at Greek Chat. This is where some of us met. Most of our PNMs will/do attend very competitive schools, primarily SEC. Some need help with most of their recs, some only need a few. Some may have one for certain chapters but are searching for another as well. The needs vary. Right now, we're only working with 17 PNMs, though I expect that number to grow some. Obviously, not all of our alumnae have chapters at every school, so the number of recs they do also varies.

We really could use some help from those interested and who are comfortable providing recs for PNMs you may not know personally, but who other alumnae will vouch for, and who you can communicate with. Our most immediate needs are for Delta Gamma and Sigma Kappa alumnae. At the moment, we have...well...zero, and with current PNMs headed to Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Auburn, LSU and Florida State, I guess you might say we could use a little help there. There are other sororities we don't have alumnae for, but they are not ones with chapters in the south, and since most of our PNMs are attending southern schools, we simply don't get requests for them.

We have two, three and four alumnae for most other sororities our PNMs need recs for, but we only have one for Tri-Delt, Alpha Phi, Alpha Gam, AOPi and Theta. These ladies do a great job, but as we grow, the more alumnae support the better, plus some of our PNMs need more than one rec. Also, we welcome alumnae from all sororities, because even though we may have four alums listed for a sorority, one may be a better choice for a PNM due to the school she's attending, the area they might both be from, etc.

Anyway, we had a great time last year -- it was so much fun working with these PNMs and we loved how many of them posted Bid Day pictures for us to ooh and ahh over. Working with them, helping them and awaiting their recruitment results was an incredibly exciting time in our FB group. You, too, can be part of it for Fall Recruitment 2013!!

If interested, please PM me. Thanks ladies!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-10-2013, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I sent you a PM!

ΑΓΔ
Old 07-10-2013, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I did also.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

PM'd you.