GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,273
0 members and 2,273 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 01:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks so much.
Im not too worried about getting along with the other girls, I just didn’t know if there was anything in general I should know about fraternity formals.
About the name, he goes to school in WI and its was what I came up with late one night
Old 11-03-2011, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I just got invited to a fraternity formal too!!! I have no idea what I'm going to wear. It's a weekend event. I can't decide if I should go long dress or short? What do others normally do?

http://www.gammaphibeta.org/
Old 11-03-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaGirl View Post
I just got invited to a fraternity formal too!!! I have no idea what I'm going to wear. It's a weekend event. I can't decide if I should go long dress or short? What do others normally do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Ask some of the girlfriends of other brothers that are going to the formal.

If you don't know any of them, try looking at the chapter's website for pictures or ask him if he has any pictures of last year's formal.

(For those who are wondering why I didn't say "just ask the guy!" - you obviously have never asked a guy what appropriate dress is for an event and ended up wearing a cocktail dress when everyone else was in khakis.)
Old 11-11-2011, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

True!

Very true! Guys are so funny about that, last year at prom my date tried to match my dress with his tie. Epic fail!!

http://www.gammaphibeta.org/
Old 08-11-2012, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow...I'm loving all the crazy questions from non greeks thinking about trying to cross over!! I'm thinking it may be impossible to tackle the transformation
Old 08-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

You really do not sound like an Arkansas Tri Delt.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:00 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm from Australia and am likely to be going on a University exchange program to the US. I would be arriving around the start of fall semester 2013, staying for 6 months to a year and was wondering if it would be possible for me to join a fraternity whilst over there?
Old 08-16-2012, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

While it is certainly possible to join a fraternity, whether or not the fraternities at your school would be willing to offer a bid to somebody who will be not only in the school, but the country for such a short amount of time is iffy.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, I can't find the answer anywhere and the housing email was not helpful either. PLEASE HELP!

I am from CA, transferring all the way out to University of Alabama. I have never been in a sorority, and I'd like to rush. Can anyone tell me how housing works if I want to live in the house? Should I sign up for alternate housing just in case? Where does one live during rush week?

The lack of information anywhere is making me very nervous.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajabbott View Post
Can anyone tell me how housing works if I want to live in the house? Should I sign up for alternate housing just in case? Where does one live during rush week?
Don't put the cart before the horse. There is no guarantee you will receive a membership bid, let alone an opportunity to live-in. Make your housing arrangements. If an opportunity later arises, you will cross that bridge when you come to it. If you are really concerned, pick up the phone and call the university office of Greek Life. I'm assuming you have not done this and are "freaking out" because you couldn't google an answer in 20 seconds.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajabbott View Post
Ok, I can't find the answer anywhere and the housing email was not helpful either. PLEASE HELP!

I am from CA, transferring all the way out to University of Alabama. I have never been in a sorority, and I'd like to rush. Can anyone tell me how housing works if I want to live in the house? Should I sign up for alternate housing just in case? Where does one live during rush week?

The lack of information anywhere is making me very nervous.
Housing and Residential Communities at Alabama.

As I understand it, if you sign up for Alabama recruitment (rush week), and you have university housing, you should be able to move in to your housing at that time.

I am not certain, but I believe that no "first year" (incoming freshman, transfers etc.) live in any GLO houses their first semester (maybe not at all for the first year). So you should contact UA regarding housing now.

Regardless, your best bet is to contact Alabama Housing directly and ask them your questions about student housing.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

You might find that info. on either the Bama Panhellenic page or the housing page (if you are living on campus). Should you receive a bid, you will not be able to move directly into the sorority house. If you are lucky you will be able to live in during your sophomore year (or if you are a transfer student, your second year at Bama).

If you are going to live in a dorm next year, and you sign up for recruitment, you will be allowed to move on campus early. If you are living in an apartment, your lease probably begins at the beginning of the month (August, I would imagine) so you could move in on August 1-or whatever your lease specifies.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation Is this Social Sucide or Is it Possible..

I was a zeta interest for 2 years but during the last 6 months I have realized that I am not a Zeta phi beta woman at heart. I read the book In Search of sisterhood over the summer and my eyes were opened and heart is wanting to be a member of DST. Out of a pure moment of craziness I wrote a very detailed letter to the women of DST expressing my interest in their organization and explained why I am no longer interested in ZPhiB and with shaking hands pressed send! I was never rejected by the Zetas, this is my first semester eligible to be a member of any sorority. I also expressed in the letter that I have ruin all my chances to be a member of anything but DST by sending that letter. I am wondering what do you think my chances are of being considered to be a member of DST? Even if I'm not considered I will not be pledging anything at, I just want to know your thoughts on this.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed&&Confused View Post
I was a zeta interest for 2 years but during the last 6 months I have realized that I am not a Zeta phi beta woman at heart. I read the book In Search of sisterhood over the summer and my eyes were opened and heart is wanting to be a member of DST. Out of a pure moment of craziness I wrote a very detailed letter to the women of DST expressing my interest in their organization and explained why I am no longer interested in ZPhiB and with shaking hands pressed send! I was never rejected by the Zetas, this is my first semester eligible to be a member of any sorority. I also expressed in the letter that I have ruin all my chances to be a member of anything but DST by sending that letter. I am wondering what do you think my chances are of being considered to be a member of DST? Even if I'm not considered I will not be pledging anything at, I just want to know your thoughts on this.
Since I see you have posted your same question multiple times: We do not discuss membership on this forum. I suggest you continue to research, and look around your specific campus/community for the answers you seek. It will make your life easier. http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=93413
Old 11-30-2013, 06:14 PM
Banned

Go with your heart and you can't go wrong. Panhell love..
Closed Thread