GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,676
2 members and 1,674 guests
Overthinker, Sister Havana

Old 01-20-2002, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Question transferring and affiliating

I have a question for y'all. Have any of you transferred schools and afilliated with a new chapter? If so, was your experience good or bad? There is a good chance I'm transferring to Ohio University next year to be closer to home, and I definitely want to affiliate with the chapter there, but I'm a little nervous.
Old 01-20-2002, 11:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm unsure about the Phi Mu rules are on affiliating, but I believe AlphaGam has a period of a semester to see if there is a "compatibility" between the member and the new chapter.

You might want to get to know the Ohio U. Phi Mus and decide whether affliating is right for you!

I know a couple of instances where girls didn't feel like they clicked with their sorority at the school they transfered to.
Old 01-21-2002, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, the phi mu rules are that you should wait a semester and then affiliate, but you can get permission from the area coordinator if you want to affiliate right away. I talked to the president of the chapter there, and she didn't see it being a problem affiliating right away. I've heard greek life is really big there, and I don't know a lot of people at OU, so thats why I kinda want to jump in right away.
Old 01-21-2002, 01:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I transferred schools and affiliated, and it turned out to be FANTASTIC. I've got sisters all over the place, and I've loved getting to know them all! Good luck with your decision and keep us posted!

(Are you a Phi Mu at C of C now?)
Old 01-21-2002, 02:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, I'm a phi mu at C of C.
Old 01-22-2002, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Several of my bros have transferred schools. The guys that go to Indiana State don't affiliate when them, since we're in the same town. Most of the time they live here at the house still. Another guy transferred to OSU, and affiliated with their chapter. In his first semester, he was elected as Chapter Education chair. He probably fits in better there than here, because ever since he started school he wished he'd gone to a party school. He did great here too though.
Old 01-22-2002, 08:36 AM
GreekChat Member

I transferred and affiliated and my experience was not so positive, well, actually it was pretty negative. I ended up leaving the house. I truly suggest taking the first semester and REALLY getting to know the girls in the chapter.