GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,387
2 members and 2,385 guests
navane, PGD-GRAD

Old 03-25-2024, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Elon Tri-Delta placed on two year probation

https://www.wfmynews2.com/article/ne...7-e5836f82fda1

Quote:
Here's the full statement from Elon University:

"Following a thorough investigation, Elon University has placed the Delta Delta Delta sorority on disciplinary probation for a period of two years for multiple violations of the Code of Conduct related to activities connected with the new member education program. In addition to the probationary status, the organization will not be recruiting a new member class in Spring 2025, and will be working with their national officers and the Office of Student Involvement to strengthen their internal and new member education policies and practices."
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-25-2024, 01:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Why not just kick them off? If you want a chapter to not take a new member class, you might as well just cut them off at the knees.
Old 03-25-2024, 07:32 PM

I thought it wasn't allowed to discipline chapters by denying a new member class, or am I thinking that it's not allowed as discipline for rush infractions?
Old 03-25-2024, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

https://www.elon.edu/u/student-invol...linary-status/

I appreciated that the above list is not limited to Greek Letter organizations.

Also, the chapter had a different disciplinary thing two years ago.
Old 03-25-2024, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I thought it wasn't allowed to discipline chapters by denying a new member class, or am I thinking that it's not allowed as discipline for rush infractions?

I thought so too.

And Sen, you're right. So often, the Greeks get hit with this and other clubs get off scot free.
Old 03-25-2024, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

When I read “alcohol”, “blindfolds” and “hazing”, I thought: “why WEREN’T they closed?”
When that type of behavior is involved, we’re talking SERIOUS. I’m wondering how much Tri Delta’s Hdqtrs. and how much Elon’s Student Life had to do with the final decision of “probation”?
CLOSE THEM DOWN. Have a membership review and then allow the current members to graduate. I’m sorry, but “probation” isn’t severe enough.
Old 03-26-2024, 02:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
I don't think that NPC has rules about chapter discipline for anything BUT recruitment infractions, and in those instances, you can't punish a chapter by not allowing them to take a NM class. I don't think that NPC has any policy on probation sanctions by individual chapters or national HQs and campuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post