GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,470
0 members and 2,470 guests
No Members online

Old 07-07-2005, 11:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Random Kappa Story... yay!

I met a Kappa! In the woods!!

For the past several years, I've worked at a Girl Scout Camp in Northern VA. I love it there... but sadly, I now have a "real person" job, and couldn't be there this summer. I visited for a few nights around Fourth of July, and was talking to a staff member named Belle (we all use camp names, I spend my summer being called Buttons) about that night's campfire. She was saying "Why don't we ever sing Ashgrove? The place where we hold the opening campfire is called Ashgrove, we should sing it!" And I said "No one really knows the words... but I know the tune, because it's the same as one of my sorority songs!" She said "I'm in a sorority too!" and I asked which one... and she said "Kappa Kappa Gamma!" and I said "Me too!"

There was girly squealing and a quick exchange of the grip, and that night we sang Kappa songs. It was awesome.

Just thought I would share!

p.s. Ashgrove has the same tune as On the Heart of Each Sister...
Old 07-07-2005, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Random Kappa Story... yay!

Quote:
Originally posted by KerriMarie
I met a Kappa! In the woods!!

There was girly squealing and a quick exchange of the grip, and that night we sang Kappa songs. It was awesome.
Okay, first of all I LOVE that this post starts off as "I met a Kappa! In the woods!!"

Secondly, I too am no stranger to the "girly squealing". A couple months after I pledged, I went home for my old high school's homecoming football game. One of my friends who I hadn't seen since graduating came to say hi... in a Kappa shirt! We talked all about our chapters and philanthropies and recruitment and Greek Life, haha, oblivious to everyone else!

I also met an alumna at a rummage sale a few months back. (Incredibly glamorous, I know!) I had on pants with our letters on, when I heard a voice behind me say something along the lines of "Are you really a Kappa or are you just wearing those pants?" After assuring her I really was, we talked for a bit.

So glad to hear your story, Buttons! (Haha... ) I love meeting new Kappas!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I met a Kappa at a burrito place here in Santa Cruz. It was after a fraternity's event and a bunch of people went to get burritos. Her friend was in that fraternity and introduced us. She was from UCSB and we got to do a secret Kappa thing that I'm not sure I can post online. You know what I mean. Anyway, yay! It wasn't very long after we were installed. (I'm from Eta Mu.)