GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Pi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,231
1 members and 1,230 guests
No Members online

Old 04-27-2003, 12:15 PM
GreekChat Member

letters worn by non members

My chapter is having a problem and although I am not a Sigma Pi I am generally asking random groups their opinion about this problem.

I go to a relatively small school with only about 3000 students in all and only 3 non-ethnic sororities on campus. We have been having a lot of problems with non-members wearing our letters. Mostly freshmen who want to pledge. Most of the time it is something simple like a key chain but these people have no idea what this means to us.

My question is....What can we do about this aside from telling the person outright?

Can we go to Greek-Council or to our Student Affairs chairman? Or should we go to our faculty sponsor? PLEASE HELP US!!!

Thanks a lot
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-29-2003, 01:54 AM
Super Moderator

Damn.. sounds like ya'll need to do some PR. Or maybe organizations need to start selling their t-shirts internally (to members only)?
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 05-27-2003, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Question NON MEMBERS WEARING LETTERS

IN REGARDS TO YOUR MESSAGE REGARDING NON MEMBERS WEARING YOUR LETTERS... I MUST SAY IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF YOUR GREEK ADVISOR ON CAMPUS TO EDUCATE THEM AND IMPLIMENT THE POLICIES OF THE GREEK SYSTEM AND ORGANIZATIONS TO YOUR CAMPUS. IT IS UNDERSTOOD THAT THE NON-MEMBERS WEARING LETTERS WEAR YOUR LETTERS TO SHOW THAT THEY ARE INTERESTED, BUT THEY MUST FIRST ATTEND AN INFORMATIONAL OR BE POINTED THE RIGHT DIRECTION BY YOUR GREEK ADVISOR AND/OR STUDENT AFFAIRS DESIGNEE TO UNDERSTAND THE GREEK SYSTEM AND THE DISRESPECT THEY ARE CAUSING YOU AS AN ORGANIZARION. IF YOU FEEL I CAN BE OF MORE INSITE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME, I WAS GREEK/ORG. ADVISOR FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS..