GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,866
3 members and 2,863 guests
Cookiez17, fmanning, Xidelt

Old 11-18-2007, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Greek Life For Starters

Hey everybody! I was wondering if someone can help me out and clear somethings out. What is it like to be in a sorority? Give me examples of what my daily life would be like? what would it be like while living in the house. Would we be sisters sisters or just friends that act super special while being around me but say mean stuff behind my back? What about the house arrangement? Can I live in it in my college freshmen year or do I have to wait to be a sophomore. Im also planning on going to Georgia tech so please tell stuff about its greek life. ANYTHING you know would be more than welcome. Oh, I almost forgot, if you know something about rituals annd stuff like that, what is it like and what do I have to prepare myself for? Shall I be nervous?? Something I do know is, I am looking for sisterhood and friends I can guarantee for the rest of my life.

Last edited by Alex4U21; 11-18-2007 at 04:20 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-18-2007, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Hm...

Sigma Kappa
1<31->
The BEST girls wear PEARLS
Old 11-18-2007, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Ok, whose sock puppet is this?

Alex, if you are for real, which I doubt, come back in 4 or 5 years. You still have to get through high school and get the grades to get in to GT. The last thing you need to be worried about is your future social life/living arrangement/acceptance into a greek organization in college right now. Be 14 and go play Dance Dance Revolution or something.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:12 PM
GreekChat Member

such an eager one! i must agree that at this point in life you shouldn't worry about sororities. Finish Highschool. Getting into college is the next step and then finally really think about if you still want to become a sister. Also, I know that there are other threads here started by curious people. Students who were still in high school looking to learn a little more about greek life. You should probably do a search on your topic if you are really serious.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to icicle22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex4U21 View Post
Hey everybody! I was wondering if someone can help me out and clear somethings out. What is it like to be in a sorority? Give me examples of what my daily life would be like? what would it be like while living in the house. Would we be sisters sisters or just friends that act super special while being around me but say mean stuff behind my back? What about the house arrangement? Can I live in it in my college freshmen year or do I have to wait to be a sophomore. Im also planning on going to Georgia tech so please tell stuff about its greek life. ANYTHING you know would be more than welcome. Oh, I almost forgot, if you know something about rituals annd stuff like that, what is it like and what do I have to prepare myself for? Shall I be nervous?? Something I do know is, I am looking for sisterhood and friends I can guarantee for the rest of my life.
Uh...you wouldn't be biological sisters, per se, but just sisters.
But you sound like a high school student, so I would just work on getting involved in clubs or sports and good grades.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Shall I be nervous?? Something I do know is, I am looking for sisterhood and friends I can guarantee for the rest of my life.
Be nervous.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Errr, nothing in life is guaranteed.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

If you have a chance to tour the colleges you are interested in applying to, ask about Greek Life. As others said, don't worry about any of this until you start applying to colleges. You have to focus on getting into college--- good grades and activities are critical. Have fun in High School!

If you want to know more about sorority membership, check out the national web sites for the organizations, or the Greek Life websites at the universities you are interested in applying to.

Going through sorority recruitment does not mean you will receive an invitation to join a sorority. Also, ritual information is private and known only to initiated members. It is kept a secret; it is inappropriate to ask members about their ritual. That being said, you will be adequately prepared for any rituals as a result of participating in a sorority new member program, if you join a sorority.

Living arrangements vary with each sorority and each chapter of the sorority at each school. Rarely do freshmen live in unless the chapter is seeking to fill empty spots in the chapter house.

Relationships among sorority members are like those within any other organization you have been a member of in high school -- some people will become very close friends; others will be mere acquaintances.

Last edited by adpiucf; 11-18-2007 at 10:25 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

taking you serious

hey. If you really want to join a sorority you need to mature quicker. A sorority is more than a social group or wanting a house to stay in. You should want to join a sorority bc you have studied all of them and found one that drives you to become a better person bc you know even when you don't feel like it you always repersent that sorority, and you know if you plan to live up to the founders dream you want to be the best person you can be. My advice to you
1. do some research...pick the one that best fits you.
2. get the grades, credits (COLLEGE) and qualifications needed.
3. stop thinking bc you want to be in a sorority they will acept you.
4. GROW UP, ALWAYS DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH BEFORE YOU SPEAK ABOUT SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaPDPrez View Post
...I know that there are other threads here started by curious people....
And trolls.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
And trolls.
I was with her until she asked about ritual... sorry, dead giveaway, IMO.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Oh you should be nervous. Ritual always involves an orgy, with the worst frat on campus. Then they take pictures. If you deactivate the pictures show up all over facebook.

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sigma Kappa
1<31->
The BEST girls wear PEARLS
Old 11-19-2007, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Great way to make people pay their dues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer_gphib View Post
Oh you should be nervous. Ritual always involves an orgy, with the worst frat on campus. Then they take pictures. If you deactivate the pictures show up all over facebook.