GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,231
0 members and 2,231 guests
No Members online

Old 03-08-2012, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to iotamason Send a message via MSN to iotamason Send a message via Yahoo to iotamason
This is for my homie.....................

Centaur1963 you will be missed Frat.....

Last edited by iotamason; 03-08-2012 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Gangsta lean
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-08-2012, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iotamason View Post

http://youtu.be/vnjI71APyW4
Romans 1:16
Old 03-08-2012, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to iotamason Send a message via MSN to iotamason Send a message via Yahoo to iotamason
Quote:
Originally Posted by indygphib View Post
Let's hope he'll "kick it" over in HPRL - oh, the possibilities!
does that have something to do with this?????

Old 03-08-2012, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 03-08-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I wonder should get a dozen roses today ... or should i take her to Kay's and let her choose whatever she wants?

Last edited by iotamason; 03-08-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:00 PM

I had to go listen to that song, and it made my whole drowned rat full moon day AWESOME.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I had to go listen to that song, and it made my whole drowned rat full moon day AWESOME.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I wonder should get a dozen roses today ... or should i take her to Kay's and let her choose whatever she wants?
Both.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB06 View Post
My bachelor's degree is in journalism. They taught us a trick I've always remembered and tried to use when I was a reporter.

If you suspect someones is lying to you, slow down your line of questioning. "Liars" are apparently uncomfortable with the silence between the questions, thinking you are analyzing, and thus soon to see through, the fabrication(s). Accordingly, they then tend to say more things, often contradicting their earlier statements.

Me, I preferred the "60 Minute" chase-the-suspect-down-the-street cameras rolling thing, but eh...
Yes, that was one of the techniques.. silence.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

My thoughts on seeing if a date is not being transparent: I tend to work a little differently. Nothing against people who look for "liars" through "silence", "contradiction", etc. It’s just that for me, the first few conversations will tell me only some things (unless the conversations are always superficial, never going to a deeper level), but not the things that are important to me. It's just that people can lie to themselves, so I don’t rely on that. I don’t rely on that because, not only can he lie to me and to himself, I also know that he can only be on good behavior for only so long before the real person begins to surface in his attitude towards himself, as well as toward other people. In other words, for me, his entire package needs to be together, and I’m not going to find that out on a few dates and through small talk. Talk is cheap, to me. I want to see what his life looks like, who he really is, and that takes time. But that’s just me.

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 03-08-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
What's the occasion?
Old 03-08-2012, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
My thoughts on seeing if a date is not being transparent: I tend to work a little differently. Nothing against people who look for "liars" through "silence", "contradiction", etc. It’s just that for me, the first few conversations will tell me only some things (unless the conversations are always superficial, never going to a deeper level), but not the things that are important to me. It's just that people can lie to themselves, so I don’t rely on that. I don’t rely on that because, not only can he lie to me and to himself, I also know that he can only be on good behavior for only so long before the real person begins to surface in his attitude towards himself, as well as toward other people. In other words, for me, his entire package needs to be together, and I’m not going to find that out on a few dates and through small talk. Talk is cheap, to me. I want to see what his life looks like, who he really is, and that takes time. But that’s just me.
I agree, but I do want to know if he's married before I go on more than one date.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I agree, but I do want to know if he's married before I go on more than one date.
Looking for "signs of lying", you could end up going on several dates with him without knowing he's married.

Dee, you have to do what works for you. I just posted my opinion, because looking for "signs of a liar" doesn't work for me. I’d rather be patient and wait until I can see the whole picture before making decisions that can affect the rest of my life and the quality of it. It's just that my selection for a mate has to be based on background, similarities in ethics and values. I dunno, I just think that if two people were raised in a similar fashion and comparable values, they would stand a better chance of getting along for the long term. My decision for a mate also has to be made on a spiritual and intellectual basis before it’s made on an emotional one, and a few dates with a man "telling" me about himself, looking for "signs of lying" isn’t enough to help me make those decisions. If I like him, and I'm physically attracted to him, after a few dates, from that point on, I rely on time. But do what you feel comfortable doing, Dee. That’s just me.

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 03-09-2012 at 04:52 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Looking for "signs of lying", you could end up going on several dates with him without knowing he's married.

Dee, you have to do what works for you. I just posted my opinion, because looking for "signs of a liar" doesn't work for me. I’d rather be patient and wait until I can see the whole picture before making decisions that can affect the rest of my life and the quality of it. It's just that my selection for a mate has to be based on background, similarities in ethics and values. I dunno, I just think that if two people were raised in a similar fashion and comparable values, they would stand a better chance of getting along for the long term. My decision for a mate also has to be made on a spiritual and intellectual basis before it’s made on an emotional one, and a few dates with a man "telling" me about himself, looking for "signs of lying" isn’t enough to help me make those decisions. If I like him, and I'm physically attracted to him, after a few dates, from that point on, I rely on time. But do what you feel comfortable doing, Dee. That’s just me.
I agree with you on all of that too!
Old 03-09-2012, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
What's the occasion?
it was no occasion... I learned from my father that you keep a smile on your woman's face at all times... Let her know how much you cherish her daily... Many things he tried to teach me and the one lesson I grasped completely is making your wife feel special...

Decided to do both... She was cheesing like a chester cat when we went to Kay's.... I love seeing her happy...