GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,143
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, liscahvs8263
» Online Users: 1,367
0 members and 1,367 guests
No Members online

Old 06-06-2017, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNMLSU View Post
Curious if it is appropriate to list cousins on my resume that are current/former fraternity/sorority members as I don't have aunts/uncles that are former members?

Any suggestions to make my resume stand out?
I hope by "former" you actually mean alumni. As long as their memberships were not terminated, they are still members.

@~/~~~~
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-06-2017, 01:20 PM
GreekChat Member

My apologies, yes alumni of a fraternity/sorority. Also, if cousins are current members in good standing.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
LSU does not have an upperclass quota, at least not in the last two recruitments. Interestingly, last year they only had 75 women drop the process, and only 38 women were totally dropped for a 97% placement. Only 29 women went unmatched. With those stats, I would think your chances are better than at somewhere like Indiana, but surely your chances go up when you make sure to keep an open mind and consider all of the groups.
Old 06-06-2017, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNMLSU View Post
Curious if it is appropriate to list cousins on my resume that are current/alumni fraternity/sorority members as I don't have aunts/uncles that are former members?

Any suggestions to make my resume stand out?
I would list any close relatives who are members of a fraternity or sorority. My cousin listed me (she joined DG). It shows that your family supports Greek life.

Google "Houston alumnae Panhellenic". They have a good recruitment resume sample on their website.

For recommendations that I write, I ask the PNM to list a few fun facts about themselves at the end of the resume. It creates talking points in recruitment and might help with matching you to a current member who has a similar interest or background. Try for things non-school related that aren't already listed on your resume. For example, my fun facts would be:
1) distantly related to Elvis. 2) tested for Mensa when I was in junior high school. 3) maternal grandparents lived 2 houses down from (gangster) Pretty Boy Floyd's safe house in Tulsa (safe to say, they never asked to borrow a cup a sugar). Last year, I saw a fun fact on a resume that said "went to mermaid school and I am a certified mermaid". She was matched at a sorority to a member who also had a love of mermaids!
Old 06-07-2017, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for your advice. I will take a look at Houston's Alumane page. I think the fun facts is a great idea. Again, many thanks!