GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,133
2 members and 1,131 guests
PGD-GRAD, Xidelt

Old 05-26-2014, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Question help? advice to organize and further grow the sorority

I am a new member of ABC I love my girls and the sorority. In the fall when I first rushed they were not known on campus and I didn't give them the chance for me to get to know them. However when someone I rushed with and became good friends with became a part of ABC she told me more about them I found out they were down to earth and awesome people and now she is my best friend and my big. However after becoming initiated I'm still not sure about all the political and the positions I can run for. Anyway weather I can or not o want to help make and better the sorority because I learned that we have a problem with getting recruits and I I know from experience from people I rushed with that joined the other sororities didn't even seem interested. I want advice we aren't the best looking but we are good looking second we aren't really known around campus we did win some stuff at Greek week but I was still a pledge I want to make it better we are already low 9n our quota for recruits and we aren't organized on top of that there is a lot of hostility and dysfunction among our girls I don't want that I want the sister bonding I I know not everyone will get along but we need to move forward but we are standing still

Last edited by hailey1317; 05-27-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailey1317 View Post
I am a new member of ABC I love my girls and the sorority. In the fall when I first rushed they were not known on campus and I didn't give them the chance for me to get to know them. However when someone I rushed with and became good friends with became a part of ABC she told me more about them I found out they were down to earth and awesome people and now she is my best friend and my big. However after becoming initiated I'm still not sure about all the political and the positions I can run for. Anyway weather I can or not o want to help make and better the sorority because I learned that we have a problem with getting recruits and I I know from experience from people I rushed with that joined the other sororities didn't even seem interested. I want advice we aren't the best looking but we are good looking second we aren't really known around campus we did win some stuff at Greek week but I was still a rose bud (pledge) I want to make it better we are already low 9n our quota for recruits and we aren't organized on top of that there is a lot of hostility and dysfunction among our girls I don't want that I want the sister bonding I I know not everyone will get along but we need to move forward but we are standing still
This is really something you need to work on WITH your sisters & advisors. What do THEY want to do to make your GLO run more efficiently? Do you have advisors involved in your chapter?
Old 05-26-2014, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
.... I would be better able to offer appropriate advice if your post contained some little things like grammar, punctuation, and correct spelling.

A coherent thought would be a bonus.

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 05-26-2014, 09:35 PM

Please stop saying "recruits." You're not in the army.

All I can say is be the change you want to see. Be active in campus activities and make sure everyone knows you're an ABC.

Oh and don't ever Google rosebud and sorority because ewwwwww.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Oh and don't ever Google rosebud and sorority because ewwwwww.

I must have stronger filters on my searching, because I just got a pile of AOII paddle photos

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 05-27-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl2000 View Post
I must have stronger filters on my searching, because I just got a pile of AOII paddle photos
Oh, I didn't get photos. The preview blurbs were icky enough.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Read I Heart Recruitment. I just finished reading it and it had a lot of great advice that I hope we incorporate into my chapter this year.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Just remember that as a new member it's a fine, fine line between wanting to help your chapter and being the annoying new member who says you're doing it all wrong.