GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Alpha Iota
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,497
1 members and 2,496 guests
No Members online

Old 04-04-2007, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovelyfire322 Send a message via Yahoo to lovelyfire322
Relationship with PMA Brothers

I was just wondering what your relationship was like with your PMA brothers/SAI sisters on campus. Ours is definitely a little rocky just because there are a lot egos and stuff and we butt heads A LOT!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-24-2007, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CuriousWildcat Send a message via MSN to CuriousWildcat
Ours is love/hate, but more love than hate! We love to hang out with them (and do so all the time) but when it comes to doing anything with them other than just hanging out, it goes down hill. Trying to plan things with them is a lot of work. But we love them! I even live with a Sinfonian!

J2
ΣАІ
ΚΚΨ
University of Kentucky
Old 10-25-2007, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousWildcat View Post
But we love them! I even live with a Sinfonian!
He's very lucky! And we love you back!

Can I ask the two of you what exactly makes things rocky or head downhill.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow thats unfortunate. Sinfonians are alright with me.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SAI_GOgirl
Our relationship with our PMAs is a little rocky because they have some ego problems as well. Some are awesome and some are not so awesome. A lot of them only try to do stuff with is right before we pick Man of the Year... LAME!
Old 10-28-2007, 01:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CuriousWildcat Send a message via MSN to CuriousWildcat
They are just horrible at planning things and actually following through. They are very unorganized and a lot of the members seem to not really care. Thankfully, for their brotherhoods-sake, some of the newer members and a few older, are very willing to work to get the chapter back on track.

J2
ΣАІ
ΚΚΨ
University of Kentucky
Old 10-28-2007, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SAI_GOgirl
Well actually, this year since the PMA guys were like that, we voted on one of our really awesome teachers as Man of the Year haha!
Old 02-18-2008, 01:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Our chapter has a great relationship with SAI. It tends to border the forbidden line of being almost a brother-sister relationship because we do a lot of our events with PMA.

And a lot of us (including myself) have Sinfonian boyfriends.

In short, I <3 sinfonians!

SAI/Phi Mu/KKY
Old 03-14-2008, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

We have a fairly good social relationship with our PMA chapter (there are a lot of SAI's dating and marrying PMA's), but otherwise we don't really do anything with them.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ReddestRose1903
I love our PMA chapter but there are definitly some that would rather not be around SAI. There is old bad blood that got past down between bigs/littles on both sides. It frustrates me alot because majority of us are music majors so have classes together, and a lot of us are dating. My boyfriend is a Sinfonian.

There is another chapter that is right up the road from us and they have like the perfect relationship. I went to an initiation and the brothers came to sing Sweetheart Song and Viva La More, and if you ahve ever heard the Sinfonians sing, its amazing and will make your heart skip a beat! lol. I really wish that we could be like this. Hopefully soon! :-)
Old 09-12-2010, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Our PMA and SAI chapters have a great relationship! We have a barbecue together at the beginning of the school year, and other parties throughout the rest of the year. We also have a few romantic relationships between PMA's and SAI's. We are very supportive of each other.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:37 PM
GreekChat Member

From what I know, our relations with PMA are highly dependent on the leadership of the two organizations and if they get along, hehe We have a couple PMA/SAI romantic relationships as well, and we throw a formal together in the spring (we just had our 2012 formal) It's typically pretty good!
Old 06-02-2012, 03:31 AM
GreekChat Member

I would just like to say that our PMA and SAI chapters are getting closer at my school. What seemed as a tense and slightly cold relationship when I first got here has now thawed somewhat. This year, they randomly decided to serenade the girls of SAI and our MITs at our MIT recital, and then they were invited to do the Cupid Shuffle with us. Later on, we baked them food for their notoriously long Sunday night voting meeting. The leftovers were then stored in the unlocked locker next to mine in the music building, so we spread the wealth during finals prep!

I saw this thread again and just felt I had to say something. This change makes me so happy. Music departments are small, especially at small schools. It is nice to know we can get along. After all, when you don't get along, it is hard for your organizations to impact the community as well as you could have. Big thing to me and some friends. We have plans, and now those plans may actually work!
Old 06-02-2012, 08:53 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^