GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,611
1 members and 1,610 guests
No Members online

Old 11-12-2010, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baibai View Post
i wanna start 1. alpha zeta alpha
1. Go to school. Get an education. PLEASE.

2. Make friends in your high school. Heck, even make a club. Clean the neighborhood. Be selfless. Follow the law. Don't make up Greek letters. Dont' turn into a SORORITY or a gang.

3. If you make it to college, consider Greek life then. Anytime before, and because a bastardization of what it was once hoped to become.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I may be a little late to the game here, but ree-Xi, are you posting the same advice for all cases of founder-itis, or just this one? (Brilliant idea, by the way. My high school band director swore that repetition was the BEST way to convince anyone...no matter how thick-headed they may be. )

Let us strive for that which is honorable, beautiful and highest.
The content of this post represents the views of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of Kappa Delta Sorority.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Our local is named Zeta Alpha Pi. Our founders were friends with a lot of Beta Theta Pi's and spoke to them when forming the organization, and that kind led to the name.

Interestingly enough, the only other Zeta Alpha Pi that I've found is in this gem of a film:
http://www.indieflix.com/film/zap-aka-the-wicked-12159/
Old 07-22-2014, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

There are like 4 or 5 other Omega Phi's out there, and I thought that was rare, but I guess not!
Old 05-12-2015, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Bumping to mention:

A Soror found another Sigma Gamma Rho at an airport - the girl was not exactly thrilled at meeting her "sister" LOL. She likely attended Pensacola Christian College. It seems like PCC uses greek names for their 48 Collegian clubs, which look like Intramural clubs. Or social clubs. Or community service orgs. I can't tell. It seems very "everyone join one and do stuff together in the name of the Lord" to me.

Their site does cite Greek Rush, but like... if you look at their school and their website... I'm not exactly worried about the overlap. I doubt our IHQ would be out to throw the book at them since it's obvious we were founded first. Their membership would hardly overlap ours, and we'd never have a chapter there.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
Bumping to mention:

A Soror found another Sigma Gamma Rho at an airport - the girl was not exactly thrilled at meeting her "sister" LOL. She likely attended Pensacola Christian College. It seems like PCC uses greek names for their 48 Collegian clubs, which look like Intramural clubs. Or social clubs. Or community service orgs. I can't tell. It seems very "everyone join one and do stuff together in the name of the Lord" to me.

Their site does cite Greek Rush, but like... if you look at their school and their website... I'm not exactly worried about the overlap. I doubt our IHQ would be out to throw the book at them since it's obvious we were founded first. Their membership would hardly overlap ours, and we'd never have a chapter there.
Yes, and I think it is one of the situations where everyone is in one of the collegians...

And I loved https://www.pcci.edu/pathway/Student...tandards2.aspx

This may well be stricter than the rules that my alma mater had in the 1910s!
Old 05-12-2015, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

This may well be stricter than the rules that my alma mater had in the 1910s![/QUOTE]

After reading that pcc standards page, I simply had to go grab my industrial sized can of "Fundy-Be-Gone"!!!
Old 05-12-2015, 06:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Physical contact between men and women (including non-students) is not allowed on or off campus.
This is poorly worded.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKTTKA View Post

This may well be stricter than the rules that my alma mater had in the 1910s!
After reading that pcc standards page, I simply had to go grab my industrial sized can of "Fundy-Be-Gone"!!![/QUOTE]

No headphones/earbuds? Separate elevators? Staircases? Parking Lots?!?! My brain, it hurts.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I know Zeta Pi Omega shares our letters with another sorority in california, from a quick google search it looks like we're about ten years older than them. Not sure if we've tried reaching out to them. Its also slightly amusing because it looks like their colors are pink and white and ours are dark blue and silver... opposing colors