GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,748
0 members and 1,748 guests
No Members online

Old 02-07-2008, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Spring Recruitment at University of Alabama?

I have seen some signs around campus for spring recruitment. I have e-mailed the Greek Life office, but haven't gotten a response yet. Anybody know which chapters may be participating?

I am a freshman at Bama and will be going through fall recruitment in August. I also went through this past time and ended up dropping out because I was totally unprepared. This time I hope to know a little more what to expect. A friend of mine that is still a high school senior has been invited to a tea sponsored by one of the sororities. How do they get the names of PNMs?

Thanks for any help/advice.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Unregistered-

Have you thought about physically visiting the Greek Life office on campus and getting your information there?
Old 02-07-2008, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

hey my cousins go to bama. if an active knows a girl that went to their high school/family/ what have you, (and they like you) they will invite you to a tea so their sorority sisters can meet you. you also get info about rush and their sorority. if you can get an invite ,it would be very beneficial for the upcoming recruitment. but i do not know if its only open to incoming freshman, or if all the sororities do it. i know that DZ does.

it would be better to ask a bama active on GC.

*\o/* Cheerleader Girls, Best in the World! *\o/*
Old 02-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelleQT View Post

it would be better to ask a bama active on GC.
Or an advisor (two immediately pop into my head). They'll know too.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
It's funny talking to J about FR - he went to UGA (very competitive) and I went to a pretty non-competitive school. And the differences are just ginormous!!! I honestly don't think I would have gotten a bid in that kind of FR (may have even dropped or not gone through all together). I don't know how all these women do it every year (the actives and the PNMs).

/end hijack.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Only Chapters below Chapter Total (currently 180) could participate in Spring Recruitment. Usually Chapters have until sometime at the end of January to submit their updated active lists to Panhellenic. (Sorry, I don't know what the exact date was off the top of my head.) This would factor in any December grads, anyone who transferred to another college, didn't return to school, etc. I don't believe they have issued the current Chapter Totals list yet, so I have no idea who may be looking to hold Open Recruitment this Spring.

My best advice is to keep checking with the Panhellenic Office. Also, do it either in person or by the phone. Emails can easily get overlooked, forgotten about, ignored, deleted by mistake, etc.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to rolltideuofa07
I know Gamma Phi has had some spring recruitment events, and I know of one other sorority doing it, but it's only open to friends of the girls.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

what other sorority will be doing spring rush that you know of besides gamma phi beta?
Old 09-21-2009, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I think the poster didn't realize how old the post above her/his was. I'm pretty sure you are right, OTW, that with that pledge class, they are probably above 180.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAalum94 View Post
I think the poster didn't realize how old the post above her/his was. I'm pretty sure you are right, OTW, that with that pledge class, they are probably above 180.
You are correct!
Old 09-22-2009, 02:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Wait..this thread is from last Spring correct?
Old 09-22-2009, 08:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle555 View Post
Wait..this thread is from last Spring correct?
Yes it is.

At the conclusion of 2009 Formal Recruitment in August all Chapters* at Bama were at/above Chapter Total of 180.

(The idea of raising Total has been thrown out there, but as yet it is nothing more than talk.)

* Except SDT which is does not participate in Formal Recruitment.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I know this is a hot button issue, but is there plans for expansion? This seems like a HUGE number for chapter total, especially when recruitment is as competitive as it is. A big house is great, but I'm just thinking of the logistics of fitting that many girls in 1 room!
Old 09-22-2009, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
I know this is a hot button issue, but is there plans for expansion? This seems like a HUGE number for chapter total, especially when recruitment is as competitive as it is. A big house is great, but I'm just thinking of the logistics of fitting that many girls in 1 room!
Alpha Phi just chartered and another NPC already selected will have the opportunity to go on in either 2010 or 2011.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Anyone have any idea how many girls SDT took? I have an SDT conference call tonight so I'm planning on asking but I was wondering if any of you ladies would know!

Patriae Multae Spes Una