GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,162
3 members and 2,159 guests
oncegreek, Xidelt, Zae_TheCreator

Old 08-14-2006, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollergirl2001
I love MAC makeup, but the problem is that I have a short budget, and I've never brought one product from them. One day, I'll be able to get my hands on them.

How the hell do you know if you love a product you've never bought?? They work different on everyone. Just because one person looks good in their product, doesn't mean you will.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-14-2006, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

just cause she's never BOUGHT a product doesnt mean shes never USED their products. MAC does makeovers and stuff. Or she may have borrowed something from a friend/sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog
How the hell do you know if you love a product you've never bought?? They work different on everyone. Just because one person looks good in their product, doesn't mean you will.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog
Maybe she's tried on a friend's makeup or tried it on at a makeup counter? My mom was obsessed with Chanel makeup long before she bought her first piece. (Of course, now that she did, almost all of her makeup is from Chanel.)
Old 08-14-2006, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still BLUTANG
have you tried their dramatically different gel instead of the lotion for a moisturizer? it's worked wonders for me.
No, I haven't tried the gel. I may try that... thanks.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi I'm mjo19 and I am a make-up addict...

I am still on my hunt for the perfect mascara..one that does not clump or flake off. I have yet to find one!

My Favs:
Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer
MAC Blush
Clinique Quick Eyes eyeliner
Lancome Lipstick
Clinique Acne Solutions concealer
BeneFit Eye Bright highlighter
Old 08-14-2006, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Smashbox makeup is wonderful!!! I have sensitive skin and it works well for me. Also Urban Decay has great eye makeup that allows you to really do some cool stuff.
*Someone mentioned skincare issues. I recommend Origins. If I have a breakout it clears me up in 1-2 days. Checks and Balances is a gift from God!!! *
Old 08-14-2006, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Speaking of Origins, has anyone used their new mushroom skin care line? I am wanting to try it out, but I also want recs first before I go spending my money on something that does nothing.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss in 151 "A Lick of Taffy" . It's an awesome shade for summer.

Too Faced Quickie Chronicles palette
Bloom lip gloss
L'oreal colour juice lip gloss

Sephora makes a powder brush with translucent loose powder inside the handle. Another great summer product without looking too made-up.

I'm also looking forward to trying the Bare Minerals product line next time I'm at the mall!
Old 08-16-2006, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl
Kiki - I think "Torrid" is the one they recommend if Orgasm is too light for you. Nars products are sooooo wonderful. If I could buy the whole line I would.
Orgasm was too light and they recommended "Outlaw" for me. It gives you the same flushed glow but for skin that's a bit darker. I love it!
Old 08-16-2006, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm a Bare Escentuals convert as well. I love their foundation and concealer. (Although I can't quite get on their bronzer/blush/eyeshadow bandwagon.) I've noticed an improvement in my skin since I started using it....plus if you fall asleep in it, no biggie. I've converted a couple friends and my mom to the line!
Old 08-16-2006, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterXO
I'm a Bare Escentuals convert as well. I love their foundation and concealer. (Although I can't quite get on their bronzer/blush/eyeshadow bandwagon.) I've noticed an improvement in my skin since I started using it....plus if you fall asleep in it, no biggie. I've converted a couple friends and my mom to the line!
Skip "Warmth" and go for any of the radiances--Bare Radiance, Rose Radiance, Warm Radiance and/or Pink Radiance. These are all over face colors, and I'm addicted to them all. BR and RR make GREAT eye colors as well as face/blush shades! As for eyeshadow, my favorites are Vanilla Sugar, The Gift, Purrfect and Sex on the Beach (a gorgeous plummy shade!) You can order samples all over ebay, but I'm a big fan of www.colorfulsprinkles.com. Very generous samples, phenomenal customer service, and use the SHIPBE code for free shipping!
Old 08-18-2006, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLPDaisy
*Nars blush in orgasm. I swear I haven't found a person whom that color doesn't look good on.
I have wanted to try it forever because I hear it is great for all! Does it look good on pale skin? Is it more pink or peachy? I have blue eyes and pink undertones.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

It's kind of a shimmery peachy color. It makes you look a little darker IMO. I'm pretty pale (we're talking pale ghastly white here) and it works for me.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLPDaisy
It's kind of a shimmery peachy color. It makes you look a little darker IMO. I'm pretty pale (we're talking pale ghastly white here) and it works for me.
I'll have to try it out. I am currently addicted to Benefit blushes and bronzers: Dandelion, Georgia Peach, Dallas and Hula. I must confess that I have all of them except Hula!

For skin care I have been using Paula's Choice. It was created by the woman who wrote the books Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me and BLue Eyeshadow Should Be Illegal. I use her combo skin cleanser, beta hydroxy acid exfoliator and combo skin moisture gel.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

I use Hoola (much thanks to GeekyPenguin for clueing me into it) and I love it. Haven't tried any of the other ones. How are they?