GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,451
3 members and 1,448 guests
FSUZeta, Kevin, PGD-GRAD

Old 07-30-2005, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UCFStefanie
Theta Wedding Traditions?

Hey All

I just had a question for any of yall who are married or who have been to a sisters wedding. I am trying to find someway to incorperate theta into my wedding with out being obvious. Something sentimental for myself.

Unfortunatly because of the small size of my wedding I dont think that I am going to be able to invite many of my sisters (if any, we are still working on the guestlist) so singing is kinda out.

I know my chapter has a chapter lavaliere for sisters getting married but I already have plans to wear other jewerly. Any ideas on how to keep the lav with me even if I am not wearing it?

Just wanted to see if any sisters had some suggestions or traditions.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-31-2005, 12:58 AM
GreekChat Member

There are lots of ways! I had a small kite charm on a silver thread hanging in my in my bouquet. Do the same with your lavalier. You can use pansies (silk!) in decorations on tables or on the cake, sugar pansies on the cake, maybe tie thin black & gold ribbons around the silverware at the reception... kind of depends on the colors you pick. Check the Theta site (private section) for lots of other ideas!
Old 07-31-2005, 10:49 AM

Well pansies you may be able to put on your cake. I wanted pansies in my floral arrangements but my florist said that due to their stems, pansies dont do well in water because they like teh soil. One idea though for the reception is that you can have those posts with teh brown mossy stuff lining it with pansies in there.'

I'm getting married in May. Four of my sisters are bridesmaids and one of them is also reading scripture. I'm giving them a special gift of kite lavalieres to put in their bouquets. I wanted to do the black and gold ribbons in their bouquets but their bouquets will have buttercup colored roses with a purple filler flower in it so I'm not sure that would look right. (That bouquet idea actually came from a wedding picture from a Theta magazine!).

They are also singing "theta Love" at some point, probably at the reception.

I went to my big sister's wedding yesterday. We surrounded her at the reception on the dance floor and screamed our cheer at her. Since the same girls will be in my wedding I have a feeling that's going to be happening to me too

Back to the lavaliere, you may be able to take that or a kite shaped lavaliere and attach it somehow to your garter or sew/fix it into the dress somewhere. I'm thinking about this as a possibility myself.

At one point (and i have seen this in pictures in the Theta magazine as well) gold colored dresses for the bridesmaids and black dresses for the other attendents, but my wedding is a May wedding, so I thought pastels and spring time colors with buttercup colored dresses would be better.

I am using some pretty pansy decoration stuff (courtesy of Patti) at my rehearsal dinner, bridesmaids parties, and bridal showers.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ThetaPrincess24
Back to the lavaliere, you may be able to take that or a kite shaped lavaliere and attach it somehow to your garter or sew/fix it into the dress somewhere.
If you attach the kite or lavalier to your garter, wear TWO! A special for you & one not so fancy. Let your new husband take off the SPARE garter to throw, not the fancy one with your kite!

(says Patti, the voice of experience who lost her fancy garter!)
Old 08-01-2005, 01:32 AM
GreekChat Member

I had a beautiful 3-tier buttercream cake with sugared pansies on it. It looked great, and for those "in the know" it was perfect.

I also had a beautiful antique enameled pansy ring that I wore on my right hand.

As far as live pansy flowers go, there are a few varieties that grow on longer stems and I've had them survive in water for a few days. BUT, wholesale florists will not be able to get them or be willing to put the effort into arranging them. Growing them yourself and then putting them in small, low vases for the rehersal dinner might be an option.

good luck!
Old 08-21-2005, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UCF theta
When I went to a sister's wedding, she put the kite charm in her bouquet for when she walked down the aisle.
Megan
Old 08-22-2005, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to fifi225
my little is getting married!

MY LITTLE IS GETTING MARRIED!

...ok..sorry...kinda excited.

*cough*

yeah.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to scuthetagirl
One my Theta housemates just got engaged---she's getting married next fall, November 4! Does anyone know any Theta traditions for weddings that people who aren't the bride can do? Special songs that are sung, gifts that went over really well, etc? Thanks!
Old 10-01-2013, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

another bump for TLAMforever