GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 1,466
3 members and 1,463 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 02-15-2004, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ajuhdg
Can I join that ABF club too? I don't really have a favorite yet, but I really think that someone was right on the money with the ego comment. And, Matt was just not impressive in the least. Perhaps, it was just a weak song choice, but I would've fast forwarded if I could.

Anyways, last week on Ellen (I don't really watch it buy my TV Guide said that Simon was going to be on.) Ellen asked Simon about the guy that got cut because of his answer to the money question. This boy was hot and sang well...he just flubbed his 'I'll give it to charity.' answer with Simon and Randy so they cut him. Paula would have totally let him through. ANYWAY, Simon said that he feels awful about that, and "It was the first time in my life that I was ashamed to be me." I was really floored. I bet we'll be seeing him in the Wild Card round. If you remember, last year there were two or three contestants that had gotten cut from the original 100+ who were given a second chance! I hope to see him, cause he'll get my vote.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-15-2004, 02:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ajuhdg
...OH! I just read in the DG forum that Kara Masters is a DG...she'll be in group two on Tuesday! So, everybody vote for her! LOL!

aj
Old 02-15-2004, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ajuhdg
Anyways, last week on Ellen (I don't really watch it buy my TV Guide said that Simon was going to be on.) Ellen asked Simon about the guy that got cut because of his answer to the money question. This boy was hot and sang well...he just flubbed his 'I'll give it to charity.' answer with Simon and Randy so they cut him. Paula would have totally let him through. ANYWAY, Simon said that he feels awful about that, and "It was the first time in my life that I was ashamed to be me." I was really floored. I bet we'll be seeing him in the Wild Card round. If you remember, last year there were two or three contestants that had gotten cut from the original 100+ who were given a second chance! I hope to see him, cause he'll get my vote.
Good call. I hope to see him in the wild card as well...maybe he'll pull a Carmen & get into the top 12. Heaven knows, we need some guy talent to step up...why not him?
Old 02-16-2004, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ajuhdg
Can I join that ABF club too?
Sure!! ajuhdg for secretary, coming right up

I am glad that Simon felt bad about that guy -- he coulda been a little honest (like the cute 50's girl who always wore pink and said flat out that she'd buy herself a new pink t-bird -- too cute). I am really hoping that Jennifer makes it to the wild card - she was so awesome, and I am really shocked that she didn't make it.

Is Camile the girl from Hawaii that came in near the end of the show -- she was the waitress? Am I confusing people. I know whomever was before her (that didn't make it) they said although she had huge family support, the next contestant only had her boyfriend -- something like that. Anyway, if that is her, then wow - she can sing. I loved her voice.

Looking forward to tomorrow night! After I get my Fiance' fix for tonight - LOL!
Old 02-16-2004, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
Quote:
Originally posted by AXO Alum

Is Camile the girl from Hawaii that came in near the end of the show -- she was the waitress? Am I confusing people. I know whomever was before her (that didn't make it) they said although she had huge family support, the next contestant only had her boyfriend -- something like that. Anyway, if that is her, then wow - she can sing. I loved her voice.
She sang Lauren Hill's/Fugees "Ready or Not" in tryouts and she didn't have a big family there for support (maybe a few friends). The judges asked if she was really nervous. OTW might be able to give more detail.

*Jumps on ABF bandwagon*
Old 02-16-2004, 08:58 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by chideltjen
She sang Lauren Hill's/Fugees "Ready or Not" in tryouts and she didn't have a big family there for support (maybe a few friends). The judges asked if she was really nervous. OTW might be able to give more detail.

*Jumps on ABF bandwagon*
Yep, that was her. She had two friends with her at the hotel, a guy and a girl I think.

Ryan Seacrest called her Camile the Pancake Waitress. Her parents own the only IHOP in the state on Maui.

Article on Camile from the Honolulu Advertiser

Last edited by Unregistered-; 02-16-2004 at 10:39 PM.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
anyone catch "on air with ryan seacrest" this afternoon? kelly and clay were on and clay was being kinda snarky. Thank god! I was beginning to think he was too nice.
In his opinion, he didn't think anyone from tomorrow night's show would make it beyond the top 6 or so.
I KNEW the first group was probably it! Now we have to sit thru crappy auditions. We'll see.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:03 AM
Unregistered-

Link to AI3 article from USA Today

Saw this link on the AI Message Board about the second round of contestants performing tomorrow night. It didn't list the song titles, but they did list the artists of the songs they're singing.

I was very surprised that they're pitting brother vs. brother in the same episode. One of the Roman brothers is actually singing an NSYNC song?? Good god.

Camile's listed as singing a Brian McKnight song. This should be a good show!
Old 02-17-2004, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
yay, it's almost time!
Old 02-17-2004, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

the first 3 so far have ALL made my ears hurt. Terrible
Old 02-17-2004, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to hottytoddy Send a message via AIM to hottytoddy Send a message via Yahoo to hottytoddy
No one is doing it for me tonight. Kara wasn't good.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

This shit is horrible.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

This is the very first time ever I have missed an episode of American Idol. Tonight I did it on purpose to watch All of Us. . . sounds like I made the right decision.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:59 PM

So far, only Lisa has been good. The rest were just painful. The two brothers BUTCHERED their songs.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
Thank God for Lisa L.!!!!!!!!!!