GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Kappa Tau

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 939
1 members and 938 guests
No Members online

Old 06-03-2001, 04:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Demon Knight Send a message via AIM to Demon Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Demon Knight
Smile Phi Tau's where are you

I know there has got to be some Phi Taus out there please respond..I know we exist on the net..

------------------
The Power of one
The Force of Many
HOO RAH!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-11-2001, 12:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ULChiOCutie Send a message via Yahoo to ULChiOCutie
Talking

Demon Knight,
Thank you for responding to my thread. What school do you attend? My significant other is a member of the Beta Beta chapter at the University of Louisville. If you contact me thru my e-mail I am sure you can contact him somehow.
Chi O love,
ULChiOCutie
Old 06-11-2001, 01:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Demon Knight Send a message via AIM to Demon Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Demon Knight
ULChiOCutie,
Hey I go to Long Beach State, I am the Beta Psi Chapter of The Phi Kappa Tau fraternity. I dont want to put you in the middle of our communication, but do you know any other Phi Taus that may use greek chat?? Thanks also for replying to my thread, I like posting messages, and reading ideas from other organizations, this is a wonderful invention. Well talk to you later, and thanks again.
Quote:
Originally posted by ULChiOCutie:
Demon Knight,
Thank you for responding to my thread. What school do you attend? My significant other is a member of the Beta Beta chapter at the University of Louisville. If you contact me thru my e-mail I am sure you can contact him somehow.
Chi O love,
ULChiOCutie

------------------
The Power of one
The Force of Many
HOO RAH!!
Old 08-20-2001, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Beta Tau here, stranded down at the University of South Carolina. Pledge class Spring 1996 (went back into the army and just got out a few years ago, married now).

In Phi,

Jim Gerrick

------------------
Jim Gerrick
Beta Tau Chapter '96
"It is not just about making friends..."
Old 08-22-2001, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Well first off, I want to say CONGRATULATIONS!! and I hope everything is well. I am Ricky, and I am from the Beta Psi Colony, which will be a Chapter on Oct. 20th so if you are out in Ca. come out and be apart of history.

------------------
Phi Kappa Tau Fraternity
Beta Psi colony
Long Beach State
The Force of Many
The Power of one
HOO RAH!!
Old 10-05-2001, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Lavaliring in Phi Tau

Hey Phi Taus,
I was just wondering how important it is to you in Phi Tau to lavalire a girl? I mean, is it in your by-laws on how long you should wait to do it? I was just wondering....I date a Phi Tau....

Love in Chi O,
ULChiOCutie
Old 10-05-2001, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

lavalire

Hello ChiOCutie,
First of let me say that I have read a lot of your posts and I am glad that you are dating a Phi Tau, you are a very smart and interesting lady, and it would be a pleasure to meet you. I am so proud of my bro who is dating you. Now to the question at hand. It is VERY IMPORTANT when you are given a Lavalire by a member of The Phi Kappa Tau Fraternity, Inc. We take pride in Lavaliring our girls. It is usually a process not even thought of until two consecutive year or so of dating, and interacting with the fraternity. It is something that now only the member of you're dating takes pride, but the whole chapter. It cannot be done unless 100% of the chapter agrees, so if it is even being concidered you are doing some right, so I hope that helps if you have any more questions please let me know.

Fraternally,
Ricky
Old 10-05-2001, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

hummmmmmmmm

So, what you are saying Ricky, is that, the chapter votes? Well, we will be dating for 2 yrs in Nov, and I was also up for dreamgirl. But, there are also guys in their chapter that lavalire after 6 months or so. One guy even did it after 4 months. My BF said that he really wants to wait, because every guy that lavalires before 2 yrs ends up breaking up.....its a shame though. Thanks for the post!!!

ULChiOCutie
Old 04-01-2002, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

hello! i am mew to the site, and was just wondering what 'lavaliring' is? I am also dating a Phi Tau--we have been together for about a year and 4 months. thanks!!
Old 04-01-2002, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

also...dreamgirl?
Old 04-01-2002, 01:20 PM
GreekChat Member

thanks for clearing that up! so basically a proposal but with completely supposrted by your brothers. ive never heard of that...what a great idea. what if the girl isnt a part of a sorority? ( i am not at a 4 yr university yet..i plan on going in the fall..and will be checking out greek life then) does it still apply?
Old 04-24-2002, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to centurion Send a message via AIM to centurion
hey, whats up everyone. i'm a phi tau at indiana state.

~Jason '02

"I may bleed Harvard Red and Old Gold, but I will live and die Epsilon Phi"
Old 07-17-2003, 10:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey from K-town,
Glad to see everyone out there just giving a shout out from the Delta Kappa Chapter here at U. of Tennessee,

Brooks

PS KKG are the best course im a little biased since my GF is one lol
Old 03-08-2007, 10:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsmarching View Post
thanks for clearing that up! so basically a proposal but with completely supposrted by your brothers. ive never heard of that...what a great idea. what if the girl isnt a part of a sorority? ( i am not at a 4 yr university yet..i plan on going in the fall..and will be checking out greek life then) does it still apply?
I know it's been a while since this has been read, but just to clear things up, the girl doesn't need to be in a sorority to be lavaliered.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MUC Phi TAU Send a message via MSN to MUC Phi TAU Send a message via Yahoo to MUC Phi TAU
hey any phi taus still out there, im the epsilon chapter and we are still alive