GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Up & Coming National GLOs

Up & Coming National GLOs This area is for discussion of issues affecting GLOs which are larger than a local, yet are still growing into a national GLO.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 799
2 members and 797 guests
indygphib

Old 01-10-2001, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Good News about our Progress

We are finally a registered organization on campus (not a sorority, just a club) -- but that was a struggle to accomplish.

That is good because now we get MONEY!!

And that is good because during superbowl weekend the president of our target sorority is coming to spend the weekend with us to meet all our girls (we can't afford to go visit a chapter since we are the first in our region)!! I am soo nervous I can't contain myself!!

Any adivce? Any words of widom? Any ideas of what we should do with her while she is here??

Asia

Old 01-12-2001, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to equeen
Quote:
Originally posted by Asia2000:
We are finally a registered organization on campus (not a sorority, just a club) -- but that was a struggle to accomplish.
My heartiest congratulations!

Quote:

That is good because now we get MONEY!!

And that is good because during superbowl weekend the president of our target sorority is coming to spend the weekend with us to meet all our girls (we can't afford to go visit a chapter since we are the first in our region)!! I am soo nervous I can't contain myself!!

Any adivce? Any words of widom? Any ideas of what we should do with her while she is here??
Ask the president (chapter? national?) for suggestions on fundraisers - I bet the established chapters have tried and true fundraising methods.

Be yourself! Let your collective and individual good qualities simply shine. Take your cue from the President - would she like to focus solely on business and sisterhood? Is there room for pure socialization? As a sisterly role model, she will guide you in what's appropriate for the weekend.

As always, my best wishes to you and your organization. Good luck! Do let us know how the visit goes.

------------------
Always
Seek
Knowledge

Alpha Sigma Kappa - Women in Technical Studies
Old 01-13-2001, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Hey Asia,

That's great to hear! Congrats!

As far as what to do when the sorority's Prez comes to visit you, I think Equeen made some good suggestions. Just be yourselves and everything will be just fine.
I would also find out whether or not it's going to be purely social or if it's going to be a mix of sisterhood/business. I would say that if it's going to be a mix, you can surely utilize this time to ask questions about the organization and the process itself.
Other ideas....I think it would be a good idea to take her around campus and give her a brief history of your school (ie traditions, student life, etc). Then maybe you all can treat her dinner if that's in the budget. Another idea would be to find a cute way to tell her about yourselves and what you've been doing thus far to become a part of the sorority...maybe in the form of a skit or something like that. I don't know, just something creative and fun to do.

Well I hope you have fun! And try not to worry (yeah right!) it's all going to work out just fine.
Old 02-15-2001, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Asia,

What's going on with your process? Any news? How did the visit go w/ the representative from the sorority? Let us know!!