GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,541
0 members and 1,541 guests
No Members online

Old 09-19-2012, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Wondering about bid day for fraternity

I am currently focusing on Beta Theta Pi over here on campus. I have been to several fraternities' events, but found Beta to better fit myself. Our bid time is likely this week.

I do not know when the chapter will give out bids, but the last official rush event was done yesterday. I asked the Beta rush co-chair about when I might hear back from him about getting a bid or not...but he did not really say. All he said was they handed out the first bid last week (before rush was even over), and the current pledge class will most likely be around 17 or 18.

I think there was 20 of us who went to at least one rush event, and 2 who never been to any events (but is rushing by basis of being friends with a brother). So I'd say the chance of me getting a bid is decently good.

But I am a bit concern, as I do not know when Beta will give out the bids. They have a tap-in ceremony and pledge event next Monday night (according the the UConn Beta site), but the rush co-chair said they don't finish giving out bid until the first week of October...thus, I am a bit on "edge".

Last edited by TracyJackson; 09-19-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyJackson View Post
I am currently focusing on Beta Theta Pi over here on campus. I have been to several fraternities' events, but found Beta to better fit myself. Our bid time is likely this week.

I do not know when the chapter will give out bids, but the last official rush event was done yesterday. I asked the Beta rush co-chair about when I might hear back from him about getting a bid or not...but he did not really say. All he said was they handed out the first bid last week (before rush was even over), and the current pledge class will most likely be around 17 or 18.

I think there was 20 of us who went to at least one rush event, and 2 who never been to any events (but is rushing by basis of being friends with a brother). So I'd say the chance of me getting a bid is decently good.

But I am a bit concern, as I do not know when Beta will give out the bids. They have a tap-in ceremony and pledge event next Monday night (according the the UConn Beta site), but the rush co-chair said they don't finish giving out bid until the first week of October...thus, I am a bit on "edge".

Even if they had 17 spots and 16 rushees, they are not obligated to take all of them. The numbers game doesn't work like that. Also, bugging them about it makes you look desperate. It will happen when it happens if it happens. Waiting sucks, but you do a lot of it in life, so get used to it.