GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,425
2 members and 1,423 guests
sdneyttso2029, Xidelt

Old 05-24-2008, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Her refusal to drop out of the race by now is hurting her in so many ways. I can't imagine the Dems are too happy with her at this point. I have a lot more respect for someone who bows out with dignity than who continues to fight a losing battle in this manner. And, this is from someone who actually liked her at one point.(not over Edwards, but over Obama.. before)
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-24-2008, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.e.B.O.T. View Post
Any thoughts of Clinton's Assassination comments... So, yes, I don't think she meant that she is staying the race, hoping Obama gets assassinated, but how could she not realize how distasteful she sounded? I don't really get it...

Oh, I think that supreme court is a bit of a stretch. Oh, and it has to be approved by Congress, and I don't think she will get far. Political Celebrities are kept away from the SCOTUS as to not draw unnecessary attention.
If RFK Jr. does not have any problems with the comment, and he seems not too from what he said, should anyone else?
Old 05-25-2008, 01:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to a.e.B.O.T.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1856 View Post
If RFK Jr. does not have any problems with the comment, and he seems not too from what he said, should anyone else?
yes, because we are all entitled to our opinions, which is the greatest thing, and most harmful thing about this country. However, it is what this country is.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.e.B.O.T. View Post
yes, because we are all entitled to our opinions, which is the greatest thing, and most harmful thing about this country. However, it is what this country is.
I agree with you
I saw/heard all thes "talking heads" say how bad her comments were and then saw RFK Jr's comments.
In the larger scope of things, just who's POV should carry the most weight?
And whose seems to be?
Old 05-25-2008, 11:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1856 View Post
I've found, mostly through my past journalism experience, that what someone says publicly isn't necessarily how they feel privately. Considering what the Kennedy family has been through over the past week, I would guess that RFK Jr. was "rising above the fray," so to speak.

Plus, I think the criticism of Hilary is more representative of a larger issue, a feeling of of a lack of respect of the party on the part of the Clintons. It goes back to criticisms that Bill Clinton didn't support the party enough in his presidency, and Hilary's staying in the race just adds to the feeling that the Clintons aren't team players.

I personally don't care all that much - I'm not a big fan of either Hilary or Obama, and I just see her comments as an extremely poor use of judgment. It's not determinative for me, though, by any means.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
Looks like Crist, Jindal, and maybe Romney will talk VP stuff at his Arizona home.

This article made me laugh.......It called Crist "popular" and a "good campaigner." It mentions his tenure as Attorney General, but doesn't mention the fact that he also served as Secretary of Education and screwed that up!

But then again, Education is not a top proority for McCain. Before becoming the nominee, he had no mention of this issue on his website. Now he has a generic, "I support the President and No Child Left Behind Act" junk...

I do comend both Obama and Clinton on their itemized listing of the issues.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Question What do you think?

I read an article that said Obama's camp is already searching for a VP candidate...specifically a female one. They hope it will help pacifiy the Clinton supporters and "unite the party." Don't you think that is awfully patronizing, as if one woman is just as good as another?
Old 05-31-2008, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieAGD View Post
I read an article that said Obama's camp is already searching for a VP candidate...specifically a female one. They hope it will help pacifiy the Clinton supporters and "unite the party." Don't you think that is awfully patronizing, as if one woman is just as good as another?
"Already?" I would think that he's been considering candidates for quite a while.

I don't see this as being patronizing - the search for a VP candidate is frequently involves strategy, whether it's looking for someone from a particular part of the country, or someone with a specific set of views to balance the ticket.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSigkid View Post
"Already?" I would think that he's been considering candidates for quite a while.

I don't see this as being patronizing - the search for a VP candidate is frequently involves strategy, whether it's looking for someone from a particular part of the country, or someone with a specific set of views to balance the ticket.
Agree-and on this matter I will follow your prior advise.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Barack Obama has resigned as a member of the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, his campaign says.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/...rch/index.html
Film at 11
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 06-01-2008, 03:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nate2512
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
Barack Obama has resigned as a member of the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, his campaign says.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/...rch/index.html
Film at 11
a. campaigns lie.
b. cnn sucks. and is vastly liberal.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate2512 View Post
a. campaigns lie.
b. cnn sucks. and is vastly liberal.
A. This is a true story

B. CNN is not the only one reporting this, it was on all the major networks last night!

Old 06-01-2008, 08:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nate2512
It's just a political stunt. After 20 years, whether you are a "member" or not, you are still going to have similar views and such, or he wouldn't have gone.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate2512 View Post
It's just a political stunt. After 20 years, whether you are a "member" or not, you are still going to have similar views and such, or he wouldn't have gone.
so was mccain's apology to the gooks.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starang21 View Post
so was mccain's apology to the gooks.
Indeed, both are.